The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Obscure Character Archive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Obscure Character Archive! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: GARSA FWIP, Staff of the SANCTUARY & (NEW) MAX REBO Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
*** SPOILERS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT ***

Hello again. Rather than disappear into the aether with a weapon as the most recent post here, before going back on hiatus, I thought it best to depart with something more appropriate to the theme of the thread.

Spoilers and picture-heavy post ahead!

Here is GARSA FWIP and the staff of the SANCTUARY — including a revised MAX REBO (BAND), from The Book of Boba Fett Disney+ series!

-x-snip-x-
** SPOILERS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT **

Great stuff, Telsij! Thanks for putting this together!
Will Definitely use in my next New Republic campaign!
My need for this is strong, so i think i'll adapt into additions to my 15 BBY Sevarcos II!
Thanks again!
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject: ZANGIEF - PATRIOTIC GRAPPLER Reply with quote

Hi all, happy Star Wars Day and "may the fourth be with you!"

There a great many characters whom I'd love to have statted up since last I was here. ANDOR is now in my top 3 Star Wars of all time btw. ANH & ESB are tied for first, with Andor slotting just behind them, followed by Rogue One. Incredibly written and acted. Great art direction, cinematography, musical score, etc. I even teared up a few times. Moving, genuine art! A well-executed series in all respects, and Gilroy's proven to be a good comrade not only with his onscreen work, but also with his support for labor & their earlier strikes. And I loved Screecher's Reach, In the Stars, & Aau's Song, from VISIONS Season 2. Gorgeous, moving work as well!

Alas, this is just a cameo for me since I'll have to immediately disappear back into the shadows, but in honor of today, and as a WAY belated post for the Rancor Pit Forums' 20th anniversary last year, here is a write-up I did but never posted. Apologies for the pic and gif heavy post!

I debated whether to post him here or in the "Non Star Wars Heroes as Star Wars characters" thread, but I figured this big ol' bear could live here because the image which had inspired this post is official Star Wars artwork.

Hope you all are well! MTFBWY!

PS: Thank you, deano, fogger1138, RyanDarkstar, TauntaunScout, and Inquisitor1138, for the kind words on this thread since last I posted years ago! Much appreciated.

ZANGIEF
Type: Patriotic Grappler

A Quote: "My strength is much greater than yours."

A champion combat sport wrestler who trained by fighting fierce creatures like Wampas, Zangief was also a fearless patriot who loved his homeworld. After his homeplanet lost its long waged "cold war" to the Empire however, Zangief joined the growing band of insurgents who dared to defy the mighty Imperialist powers. And having risen through the ranks of the Rebel Alliance via displays of great strength and close-quarters combat prowess, Zangief hopes to someday smite his old Imperial foes face-to-face.

DEXTERITY 4D
Brawling parry 6D+2, dancing: Kossaq dancing 5D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Intimidation 5D+2, survival 4D+2, willpower 6D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
PERCEPTION 3D
STRENGTH 4D
Brawling: Са́мбо combat 12D, climbing/jumping 7D, lifting 10D, stamina 9D
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 3D

Species: Human
Height: 2.14 meters (7'0")
Weight: 181 kg (400 lbs)
Blood Type: A

Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 17
Move: 7

Zangief knows the following Са́мбо combat martial arts techniques:
  • Array of Professional Wrestling Body Slams: Zangief can grab and forcefully slam a target into the ground in a dizzying variety of ways. Difficulty: Difficult. Effect: Whenever Zangief does not use his signature "Spinning Piledriver" slam and opts instead for a "standard" professional wrestling body slam, a successful skill check indicates that his target is bodily smashed into the ground (provided the attack is not parried or dodged), suffering Strength damage in addition to an Instant Stun result (target is Stunned for one round), or an Instant Wound result if Backbreaker is used (target suffers a wound to back/spine, and effects of wound are cumulative). Lastly, target is left prone and must either wait one round to stand, or spend an action to do so, incurring multiple action penalties.

(Backbreaker)

(Powerbomb)

(Suplex)

• "Banishing Flat" Weapon Block: Zangief is trained to defend against melee weaponry while unarmed. He has become so (seemingly) impervious to harm from melee attacks that some swear his hands are aglow as he deflects various weaponry. Difficulty: Opposed martial arts versus melee combat roll. Effect: If Zangief makes the required difficulty roll, he successfully blocks a melee attack. This technique can be used as a reaction skill.

• Foot Sweep: Zangief is trained to sweep an opponent's legs out from under them. Difficulty: Moderate. Effect: A successful attempt indicates the target is tripped and falls to the ground. The target must remain prone for the remainder of the round, unless he knows the Instant Stand martial art technique and uses it to recover his footing successfully.

• Head Butt: Zangief may use his head to strike a target, even if he is held, pinned or bound. Difficulty: Easy. Effect: If Zangief's skill roll meets the difficulty number, he may use her head to strike the target (inflicting STR+1D damage). Head-butt can be used if the character is bound or held, and can be used as a reaction skill.

• Hold/Grapple: Zangief is trained to grapple and hold a target immobile. Difficulty: Moderate plus a Strength versus martial arts roll. Effect: Zangief must make a Moderate martial arts roll to hold his opponent. For every round the target is held, the target must make a Strength or lifting roll. If the target beats Zangief's martial arts roll (or Strength or lifting if Zangief prefers), target breaks free of the hold.

• "Iron Muscle" Power Block: Zangief is trained to parry attacks in a manner which inflicts damage. Difficulty: Moderate. Effect: A successful parry inflicts STR+1D on the target. This technique can be used as a reaction skill.

• "Spinning Clothesline" Double Lariat: With this technique, Zangief can deliver multiple strikes, as well as (potentially) evade ranged attacks. In this maneuver, Zangief stretches his arms out horizontally, clenches his fists, and spins on axis in an effort to hit his opponent. If timed properly, this technique may also be used defensively, in place of the dodge skill, in order to evade ranged attacks. Difficulty: Moderate (attack), Difficult and opposed martial arts versus ranged attack roll (defense). Effect: Zangief's spin allows him to make a second attack without multiple action penalties, with the second attack inflicting 3D damage. When used for defense, if Zangief's roll exceeds both a Difficult difficulty and ranged attack rolls directed against him, the movement of his "Spinning Clothesline" allows him to evade any ranged attack rolls that his martial arts roll beats.

• "Spinning Piledriver" Body Slam (Signature/Special Move): If successful, Zangief grabs an opponent (holding them upside down by the waist), then leaps into the air with the opponent's head between his legs while spinning rapidly, before smashing the opponent headfirst against the ground to maximize damage. Difficulty: Difficult or Very Difficult. Effect: If Zangief's skill roll exceeds Difficult difficulty, he leaps and spins twice with target and may add +2D to his damage roll when slamming target into ground from such great height. If Zangief's roll exceeds Very Difficult difficulty, he may add +3D damage to his target, due to the extra height/momentum he attains from a third spin. Failure to beat the difficulty number indicates that Zangief's attempt fails and he is left off-balance, allowing opponents to make an additional attack against him this round with no multiple action penalty.

"I am the Red Cyclone. I destroy everything in my path!"

Special Abilities & Story Factors:
  • Scars bear stories: Though Zangief is covered in scars on the front of his body, none appear on his back. This is because Zangief never turns his back on an enemy and prides himself on the ability to stop attacks head-on.

Sources: Street Fighter II video game, https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/File:InfiltrateRebelCommandBase-COTF.jpg , https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Zangief , https://capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Zangief , https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Zangief/Quotes#Street_Fighter_II , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambo_(martial_art) .

Artwork by Georgi Simeonov for Star Wars: Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (card: Infiltrate Rebel Command Base). Stats and text by Telsij, with named martial art technique text adapted in part from their respective streetfighter.fandom wiki entries listed and linked here, https://capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Zangief .

Martial Arts technique images: respective streetfighter.fandom wiki entries listed and linked from https://capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Zangief , https://daimao.info/misc/bb/zangief/ , https://daimao.info/misc/bb/zangief.html , and https://fightersgeneration.com/characters/zangief-a.html

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: