The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New D6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> New D6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: New D6 Reply with quote

Came across the free quick start rules at drivethrurpg.com which showed promise, and found they plan to try to publish a full D6 sci-fi line. Keeping a version of D6 in commercial print seems like a good idea to me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/radiantgamingsystems/star-ascension-a-gritty-sci-fi-rpg-for-open-d6[/url]
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.

I invented and ran (for years and years) a Sword & Sorcery RPG using the D6 system. My friends are still asking me about finishing the 5.0 version that I have in limbo...

It was called "Legends of the Blade" and I used a level system. Characters could improve themselves one skill at a time, or they could buy levels, which give different but automatic bonuses. For example, a Paladin of Felchame (the goddess of fire) got a +1 per level to his main weapon skill, which was chosen ahead of time. So essentially, there are two ways to advance. Characters would get stupid powerful sometimes and I would have to tweak the rules to make sure nothing was abused. I remember one time that very same paladin using the equivalent of CP and FP rolled like an 88 on damage vs. something like a "Dire Gnoll". I was like "The gnoll is now a pink mist settling slowly in the air..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: