The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Is there a Force power (house-ruled or in the RAW) that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Is there a Force power (house-ruled or in the RAW) that... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Is there a Force power (house-ruled or in the RAW) that... Reply with quote

...dims one's force signature? As in, this power would make it hard to sense that a subject has Force potential, and/or that they practice the Ways of the Force (as in Jedi, Sith, Zeison Sha, Jal Shey, etc.) do.

E.g., if Obi-Wan Kenobi had known this power and practiced it (well), he might have escaped the first Death Star unnoticed by Darth Vader.

I am thinking that it would dim a subject's "Force presence" and/or make it unable to be characterized, if one did sense it dimly.
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hide_Force_Sensitivity

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedemonapostle wrote:

Yes. Winner.

I might even go a step further, and make a power where one can, rather than hide, project a Force presence of their own creation. Like say you are a Jedi but you want to convince your new Dark Side friend that you are genuinely on his side by "sensing dark and/or powerful" to him. Of course this power might be used to bluff as well...probably a quick way into DSP's.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my knowledge there's no D6 book that had a power doing either of those, but d20 had that 'hide force sensitivity'. The write up on the holocron iirc was a fan re-write of it to port it from the d20 to d6 game..
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
From my knowledge there's no D6 book that had a power doing either of those, but d20 had that 'hide force sensitivity'. The write up on the holocron iirc was a fan re-write of it to port it from the d20 to d6 game..

I saw that it was a house-ruled Force power. It seems fine to use to me, it was a smart port.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a Force power (house-ruled or in the RAW) that. Reply with quote

Error wrote:
...dims one's force signature? As in, this power would make it hard to sense that a subject has Force potential, and/or that they practice the Ways of the Force (as in Jedi, Sith, Zeison Sha, Jal Shey, etc.) do.

E.g., if Obi-Wan Kenobi had known this power and practiced it (well), he might have escaped the first Death Star unnoticed by Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan obviously did have this power and used it to sneak around Geonosis and spy on Count Dooku's Separatist meeting. As for the Death Star...

George Lucas wrote:
OBI-WAN: Your destiny lies along a different path than mine.

VADER: Escape is not his plan.

OBI-WAN: If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

HAN: Now's our chance! Go!

LUKE: NOOO!

HAN: Come on!
LEIA: Come on! Luke, it's too late!
HAN: Blast the door, kid!
OBI-WAN: Run, Luke! Run!

HAN: I hope the old man got that tractor beam out if commission, or this is going to be a real short trip. Okay, hit it!

I think the movie makes it quite clear that Obi-Wan wasn't trying to escape the Death Star. With Luke watching Obi-Wan physically disappeared when struck by Vader and then spoke to Luke through the Force, both to more fully demonstrate the power of the Force to Luke in hopes that it would help Luke unlock his potential.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that is true. I was just using it as an example to describe what kind of Force power I was looking for.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I kind of have to wonder if Obi-Wan didn't likewise dim Luke's signature. As Luke was "waking up", I could see Obi-wan wanting to keep him under wraps while on the Death Star.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Hmmm... I kind of have to wonder if Obi-Wan didn't likewise dim Luke's signature. As Luke was "waking up", I could see Obi-wan wanting to keep him under wraps while on the Death Star.

I have a house-ruled Force power in preliminary development called "Force presence" which allows users to temporarily alter their Force signature, so that other Force-sensitive characters sense him or her as he or she wishes to be sensed. This would be a Control/Sense/Alter power, and can be a quick way to Dark Side points.

Example: PC Jerry has just turned to the Dark Side, but he doesn't want the other Jedi in his party to know. He might use this power to project a Light Side personal Force presence so that the rest of the party doesn't turn on him and kill him before he can sneak away.

Essentially, it is the house-ruled Force power called Disguise, but instead of disguising one's appearance, voice, or gestures, it disguises one's Force identity while it is being used.

Joruus C'baoth clearly used this power when he was training Luke Skywalker on Jomark in the novel "Dark Force Rising". Otherwise, Luke would have felt the darkness coming off him immediately, and either dueled and killed him or simply fled.

EDIT: I am thinking that with increased difficulty, this power can also be used to alter the Force signature of another. How evil would it be for a Dark Side character (in a group of Dark Side characters) to alter one of his friend's Force signatures to the Light, and watch him get killed...

Like I said, easy path to Dark Side points. But absolutely usable without nefarious intent.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you see that power being, Control only, Control and alter? CSA for the one to affect others?
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
What do you see that power being, Control only, Control and alter? CSA for the one to affect others?

In the first paragraph I stated that it would be a Control/Sense/Alter power.
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
thedemonapostle wrote:

Yes. Winner.

Wasn't this the explanation to how Luke hid from Vader during the duel in Return Of The Jedi (and Vader goaded him out of it by mentioning Leia)?

(So keeping a Force skill "up" plus a difficult or heroic willpower check versus the taunt/intimidation roll/difficulty.)
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillTasker wrote:
Wasn't this the explanation to how Luke hid from Vader during the duel in Return Of The Jedi (and Vader goaded him out of it by mentioning Leia)?

I thought he 1. had lost faith in his ability to call upon the Force and why he tried to call on Bed, or 2. He had withdrawn himself from the Force and therefor was undetectable. Then when he loses his sh1t, he has called upon the Dark Side as he felt anger, desperation and that the Light Side has abandoned him. Just my thoughts.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a Force power (house-ruled or in the RAW) that. Reply with quote

Error wrote:

I am thinking that it would dim a subject's "Force presence" and/or make it unable to be characterized, if one did sense it dimly.

By default, you can use your Control to resist a "sense force potential" roll. I converted the "Pall of the Dark Side" power from the d20 book Clone Wars Campaign Guide. You can find it in the Conversion guide corresponding to that book.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillTasker wrote:

Where are you getting that idea from?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: