The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hi everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Hi everyone!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Hi everyone! Reply with quote

I'm not new to this forum, but I realized that I never introduced myself!

I'm Brian, and I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

My main interest is gaming and theoretical analysis of games. I am a huge fan of Star Wars (have been since I was a kid). The first time I ever tried WED SW was at boy scout camp back in 1995. We played every time we camped out.

I also love Magic: the Gathering. My main interest in it is a format called "Pauper", in which you may only use cards that have been printed at the Common rarity. Pauper makes it so you can build a really good deck for under fifty bucks. It's totally the way to go!

Interesting story: I created an RPG back in the late 90's called Legends of the Blade (LotB for short). It was based in a D&D world of sword and sorcery, and I allowed allll kinds of different classes (fighters, wizards, druids, psions, paladins, etc.). The best part was, I used WEG's D6 system to run it. I did change the names of the attributes to reflect more medieval times (I think they were like Brawn, Intellect, Integrity, Dexterity, and a couple others). I did also change the CP/FP system significantly; essentially a player could not turn to the dark side, but if he or she did something especially evil, his or her party members (or other individuals) might hunt down that person and kill/capture him or her. Otherwise, the gameplay was the same.

We played LotB for years. At least five of them if I recall. But we had sooo much fun with it! I have reams of material on it in storage somewhere.

Anyway, Hi!

I'm a really easygoing dude who really enjoys roleplaying and GM'ing. The latter is my favorite. I enjoy designing baddies and adventures for PC's to enjoy. I try to make them not too fantastic (with a bunch of Darths and bounty hunters running around), and most of them are set between episodes III and IV. I think it's a timespace that has a lot of potential.

I also write fan fiction.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: