The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Victory Frigate R&D Project (Victory II-class frigate)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Victory Frigate R&D Project (Victory II-class frigate)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Victory Frigate R&D Project (Victory II-class frigate) Reply with quote

I thought i had seen Victory II-class frigate done on/by the Rancor Pit somewhere, but a search (Victory AND II-class AND frigate) and i found no such post in the six threads i got as search matches.
Searching the www, different gaming communities have it anywhere from 380 meters to 600 meters long, with armament scaling to match.
Have any of you tackled this frigate from Battlefront?

Edit: I am quite tempted to use 3 versions of it based on the different interpretations, as frigate, cruiser & heavy cruisers from the Clone Wars.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1995131483
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1487830656541715004/407BFDF8859C906C456FB0749F5EBFE1C6B4C068/?imw=268&imh=151&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1487830656541715004/407BFDF8859C906C456FB0749F5EBFE1C6B4C068/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false
L: 380m W: 300m H: 72m
Its full armament consists of 4 LTLs, 2 Quad HLCs, and 2 PDCs. Stats are in the screenshots.
CREATED BY Arch Makon 5803

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1995132128
Star Wars: [REP]: Victory II Class Cruiser [1:1]
L: 505m W: 400m H: 96m
Its full armament consists of 4 MTLs, 8 Quad HLCs, a Dual HTL, and a MLC. Stats are in the screenshots.
CREATED BY Arch Makon 5803

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/victory-ii-class-star-frigate.26747/
^{Manufacturer:} [Kuat Drive Yards]
^{Length:} 380 m
^{Hyperdrive Rating:} 2.0
^{Armament:} 8 turbolasers, 4 quadlaser batteries; 2 ion cannons
^{Complement:} none
^{Crew:} 200

Last edited by Inquisitor1138 on Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: RE;search Reply with quote

As i am doing research, i might as well ask the community: Do any of you have hard data with sources for the Victory II-class frigate's Length, Beam/Width, Depth/Height?
Please & Thank You!!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Victory II-class frigate Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
As i am doing research, i might as well ask the community: Do any of you have hard data with sources for the Victory II-class frigate's Length, Beam/Width, Depth/Height?
Please & Thank You!!

By "hard data" I presume you mean canon or BTS intention statements by creators? Wookieepedia doesn't have any dimensions but lists sources. I do not have the comic or the second video game. My son has the first appearance video game and I'm pretty sure there's no hard data given in it. Fanon has some wildly different interpretations...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Victory+II-class+frigate

And might I say, that is a really stupid name for the class of ship, seeing as here already was a victory-class star destroyer, I and II. Confusing.

You seem to be on a mission to catalogue all published ships and put them into WEG terms. That is a massive undertaking. Do all published ships from any source exist in your SWU?

Remember, most ships were created by many various creators, and there is ample evidence to show that there wasn't any top-down direction/coordination being done to keep everything consistent. That means that they basically had a "come one, come all" mentality to adding to continuity. That's a bit much for my tastes. Not all ships created for the EU even need to exist in my SWU.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Victory II-class frigate Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Please & Thank You!!

By "hard data" I presume you mean canon or BTS intention statements by creators? Wookieepedia doesn't have any dimensions but lists sources. I do not have the comic or the second video game. My son has the first appearance video game and I'm pretty sure there's no hard data given in it. Fanon has some wildly different interpretations...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Victory+II-class+frigate

Yes, that. Or as best as we can do, within reason.
Wookiepedia did previously give the 380-meter Length that most fans use/used in their stats, but the past versions i have viewed lacked citations/sources.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Victory_II-class_frigate?oldid=10354024
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Victory_II-class_frigate?direction=prev&oldid=6733419

Whill wrote:
And might I say, that is a really stupid name for the class of ship, seeing as here already was a victory-class star destroyer, I and II. Confusing.

No arguments there.

Whill wrote:
You seem to be on a mission to catalogue all published ships and put them into WEG terms. That is a massive undertaking. Do all published ships from any source exist in your SWU?

Not necessarily. While i am a bit picky, i think i am more forgiving & inclusive in most respects.
While i am a ship-junkie, i am not a fan of every concept/design out there.

Whill wrote:
Remember, most ships were created by many various creators, and there is ample evidence to show that there wasn't any top-down direction/coordination being done to keep everything consistent. That means that they basically had a "come one, come all" mentality to adding to continuity. That's a bit much for my tastes. Not all ships created for the EU even need to exist in my SWU.

Sad but true. Same.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Manufacturers Reply with quote

I'm thinking this design is either 100% KDY, or a collab with Sienar and/or Rendili. What do you think?
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Manufacturers Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I'm thinking this design is either 100% KDY, or a collab with Sienar and/or Rendili. What do you think?

I would say Sienar based on nothing but my own opinion/gut. It doesn't feel like a RSD design to me.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:29 am    Post subject: Victory Design Project & CMD-10 Corvette Reply with quote

For my SWU, i am envisioning that the major corporations made multiple design teams to generate as many viable designs as possible. As such, the Victory Design Project drafted designs for corvettes, frigates & cruisers concurrently.
ssss

CMD-10 Corvette ((VF00 Corvette))
Craft: Kuat Drive Yards' CMD-10 Corvette ((VF00 Corvette))
Type: Corvette Drone Ship
Affiliation: Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire
Era: Clone Wars/Rise of the Empire
Source: Battlefront/Homebrew
Scale: Capital
Length: 160 meters
Skill: {Skill}: CMD-10-class Corvette
Crew: n/a, gunners: #; skeleton: 12/+10 *droid intelligence*
Crew Skill: Clone Troopers 5D, other crew 4D in all applicable skills; droid intelligence gunnery droids 3D+1 (pending revision)
Passengers: None, or 1,000 battle droids
Cargo Capacity: 3,000 metric tons or less
Consumables: variable
Cost: Not available for sale
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Backup Hyperdrive: x12 or none
Nav Computer: Yes; Limited to 10 jumps
Maneuverability: 1D+1
Space: 8
Atmosphere Speed: 365; 1,050 kmh
Hull: 3D
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
--Passive: 20/0D
--Scan: 40/1D
--Search: 60/2D
--Focus: 6/3D
Weapons
__Light Turbolaser
___Fire Arc: Turret
___Crew: 3
___Skill: Capital ship gunnery
___Scale:
___Fire Control: 2D
___Space Range: 3-15/35/75
___Atmosphere Range: 6-30/70/150 km
___Damage: 2D
__2 Missile Tubes
___Fire Arc: Fore
___Crew: 2
___Skill: Capital ship gunnery
___Scale:
___Fire Control: 2D
___Space Range: 2-12/30/60
___Atmosphere Range: 4-24/60/120 km
___Damage: 9D*
__3 Flak Cannons
___Fire Arc: Turret
___Crew: 1
___Skill: Starship gunnery
___Scale: Starfighter
___Fire Control: 3D
___Space Range: 1-5/10/20
___Atmosphere Range: 100-500 m/100/200 km
___Damage: 3D
Hangar Bays: 0-1

Game Notes: The CMD-10 Corvette is a Drone Ship, meant to be operated remotely, by 'crew' on another ship within 200 space units, or by a droid brain if comms are jammed.
Missile Tubes can fire either Concussion Missiles or Flak Warheads. Flak Warheads can be used directly as weapons, ignoring energy-resisting ray shields, as particle shields are the type that can stop them, or to create clouds of shrapnel as a defensive screen that blocks enemy weapons fire & sensors as well as being hazards to any ship attempting to fly through said clouds.
Flak Cannons ignore ray shields.
Mega Missile: The CMD-10 can ram an enemy ship, inflicting 12D to 15D damage as the ship explodes, its unspent ammo feeding the destructive cloud of debris.

Capsule:

Edit: I messed up the initial post, mixing up a few details with the next ship in the line. I'll continue to work on this & fix any errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: