The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Archive of old D6 fan material
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Archive of old D6 fan material Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
cheshire wrote:
Thanks a bunch for the file, that's fantastic.

No problem. shootingwomprats is still working on the project, but Daniel is pretty much going it alone at the moment. I'm sure any offers of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I know he feels bogged down in the project and I have had my own projects going on, so I have not been much help. Though it looks like SWRe2 will be out before too long and then hopefully we can get the long anticipated SWDroids book out. Currently I am working on a side-project with a fella who has created nearly 500+ unique items over the past 12 years. A lot of these are tweaked for his shared-universe and really don't do well in the standard SWU, but with a little editing they can be, which is what I am working on.

I would love to get back to converting FFG Star Wars material, but I am also working on the Saga D6 Conversion Omnibus REUP. Which looks like it will be huge and take much more time than I thought it would.

Then of course there is Rogue One, still hardly anything out for Ep.VIII (which just goes to show you how little thought they gave to world creation at all) and of course the many comic books and novels that have come out.

Anyway, I guess, once I get this current project into its first draft I would feel comfortable walking away from it for a bit. The SWDroids still needs some heavy editing, but my editor is doing a good job with that, but he like most of us, has real life stuff going on.

So, the Scoundrel's guide. Would love to help with, but I don't even know where to start.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Thirteen Schmirteen Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
More info from Johnathan. He is a member of the Pit, under the handle of Trusty. I checked some of his message history, and it looks like I got the two files I had from him; the conversation occurred in September 2012.

I remember Trusty! His last posts here were on September 6th, 2012. Below is those first of those last three posts, when he brought it up here...

Trusty wrote:
cheshire wrote:
NO! No no no... there was a guy around here YEARS ago who said he was working on a new GG 13, and asked for my help. I sent him some stuff to use in it, and after a little while the guy vanished.

Conclusion: GG 13: Scoundrels is the Bermuda Triangle of SW D6 projects. If you make one, it'll vanish. If you head the project YOU'LL vanish. Just stay away... the project is cursed!

Hey, I think I was that guy. I have 16 pages of text for a Galaxy Guide 13: Gamblers and Scoundrels on my hard drive.

I don't think I ever received anything (If I was the guy you are talking about, not saying you didn't send anything, as it may have gotten lost) and so I put it on the backburner. Seeing this post caused me to revisit what I had finished, and I actually like what little is there.

I'd be willing to give it another go if we can get a team together to get it done.

Checking my own activity history here, I was on hiatus from this site in September and October 2012 until October 30th, that fateful day when the Lucasfilm sale to Disney plus new Star Wars movies were announced and I returned here. It is easy to see how I could have missed these posts from a couple months prior. In the immortal world of Lando Calrissian, "It's not my fault!" ...

Checking further, Trusty mentioned the GG 13 Gamblers and Scoundrels project in posts in two threads in 2009. The comments did not did lead to any further discussion about it, and one of the threads indicated that a new GG13 was in the works. I was on the site that day for a single other thread. Blast! Back in 2008 I had even bumped that 2005 thread referring to a new GG13, but it was not clear to me that any original incomplete GG13 had still existed that was being expanded upon. I probably just went back in the discussion far enough to get the latest status of the project. I now see that there was a lot of discussion of GG13 here in 2005, but I didn't join until the site until 2008.

Although it seems evident that there never was a completed GG13, I still feel a bit guilty for expressing so much doubt over the years as to the existence of GG13 in any form. If I had merely done some forum searches I may have at least come across the 2005 posts with dead links to the original document. If I have even unintentionally contributed to the already extreme delay in this project's progress over the years, I am truly sorry.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seemed to be the most apt location for this post...

A long time ago, on an Internet far, far away, the legendary Tony Case created his website, The Chaos Crew, documenting the adventures of the eponymous team of adventurers, and their ships, equipment and other miscellanea.

In addition (and the real reason for this post), Tony compiled an extensive list of current (as of that time) active Star Wars D6 web sites, including a brief review of each site.

While the Chaos Crew itself is long since defunct, it can still be found via the magic of Internet Archiving. Which means the many varied websites he reviewed and included in his link database can also be run through the Wayback Machine, as well...

Happy hunting!

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Thirteen Schmirteen Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Although it seems evident that there never was a completed GG13, I still feel a bit guilty for expressing so much doubt over the years as to the existence of GG13 in any form. If I had merely done some forum searches I may have at least come across the 2005 posts with dead links to the original document. If I have even unintentionally contributed to the already extreme delay in this project's progress over the years, I am truly sorry.

In one of the old archives that CRM turned up, there was a file that looked like it might have been the basis for the GG13 legend. It contained some information on smuggling, gambling, and the like, but it was never a full-blown Galaxy Guide material. I've got it on my hard drive (and I'm hoping it came through my latest brush with data corruption). I'll see if there's anything that I can turn up.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we covered all this already...

Deano was the one who turned up the lion's share of the material; I just happened to have two adjunct files that turned out to be an abandoned attempt by Trusty and other to fill out Deano's file into a full Galaxy Guide.

If yours are lost, I posted all three files in my Google Drive, when can be accessed via the 'www' button in my signature.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Thirteen Schmirteen Reply with quote

Yes, we covered this. But it's a fun story.

cheshire wrote:
Whill wrote:

In one of the old archives that CRM turned up, there was a file that looked like it might have been the basis for the GG13 legend. It contained some information on smuggling, gambling, and the like, but it was never a full-blown Galaxy Guide material. I've got it on my hard drive (and I'm hoping it came through my latest brush with data corruption). I'll see if there's anything that I can turn up.

cheshire, if you go back and read the discussion you'll see my quote was posted in 2017 in response to us discovering that we had had the historical basis for the mythical GG13 all along. It does exist after all but only in an unfinished form. Apparently, the creator of GG14 named it as such in reverence to the incomplete project that was going to be (but never was) GG13, and the other fan GGs continued to be numbered from there.

So among SW D6 fandom, it was originally believed that "GG13 is coming" but years later after it never came it eventually became "I remember a GG13 but for some reason I can't find it." I'm sure it was the existence of the subsequently numbered GGs that fueled the false community memory that lead to the legend that GG13 had existed but mysteriously mass disappeared from everyone's computer. In the end, it turned out that it was the much more rational explanation that GG13 had never been finished. I never even had the files for the unfinished project. I'm still a denier that anyone out there ever took the original files and finished it (but somehow no one I have any contact with in this community has a copy).

I'd love to see GG13 be completed someday, but it was 2009 when Trusty last said he was working on it, and he hasn't posted here since 2012 after he said it had previously been put on the back burner.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: