The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Renegade Legion D6 Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Renegade Legion D6 Stats Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Renegade Legion D6 Stats Reply with quote

I'm looking for sci-fi military vehicle ideas, and stumbled across quite a few images from this old game. I recall seeing a web page with a dozen or so D6 stats for these, but passed them over at the time. Now that I'm interested, the site has crashed, and it isn't even available on the Wayback Machine. Does anyone have these floating around?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that by any chance similar to Renegade Legion?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Is that by any chance similar to Renegade Legion?

Doh! Yes, that's what it is. My bad. Changing now.

ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any D6 conversions for Renegade Legion but I do have Renegade Legion PDF's for the vehicles, fighters, and Leviathan. I'll try sending them to your email.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
I don't have any D6 conversions for Renegade Legion but I do have Renegade Legion PDF's for the vehicles, fighters, and Leviathan. I'll try sending them to your email.

Excellent. I'll keep an eye out for them.

wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think wing commander Luna had a few on his website,or at least I remember the pics back in the late 90's, no working and site is long gone and the last link I can dredge up via a quick Google search isn't not on the way back machine.
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed I have some saved, no pics but stats will post link to Dropbox file when I have a chance.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildfire wrote:
Confirmed I have some saved, no pics but stats will post link to Dropbox file when I have a chance.

Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for. The original images from the site were...somewhat uninspiring, IIRC, but I recently found a few WIP designs that revived my interest. Looking forward to seeing what you have.

wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a dropbox link for the relevant pages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a7znj722q02acx/renegade%20legion%20D6.zip?dl=0

Enjoy[/url]
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! Exactly what I wanted!

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting ideas here as I read through the rulebooks...
    Bounce Packs - I like the idea of using anti-grav belts or harnesses to increases the mobility of infantry. Considering how advanced tech has gotten in so many areas of the SWU, it'd be nice to see the foot-sloggers get a piece of the pie. Increased speed, ability to jump over larger obstacles, ability to carry more equipment, etc, etc.

Hull Down & Digging Cannon - Real world armored vehicles use this for defensive purposes, using an engineering vehicle to excavate a position that provides Cover, usually leaving just the turret exposed. The idea of allowing vehicles to carry a cratering weapon that generates partial cover in a round or two (as opposed to waiting for a dedicated engineering vehicle to come excavate it) is an interesting one. I'd been considering something similar, but more on allowing a stationary repulsorlift vehicle to use its drive field to excavate the position, rather than a cannon.

Gauss & Mass Driver Cannon - The SWU according to WEG has placed energy weapons in primacy over missiles and projectiles. However, the films have gone away from that. Many combat vehicles in the prequels and Clone Wars mount a mix of energy and projectile weaponry. Examples include the AAT (with both a laser cannon in a turret and hull-mounted projectile launchers), the AT-TE (main gun is a projectile launcher) and the LAAT/i (mix of energy and missile weapons). So it's not without precedent that a modern tank in the SWU could be equipped with a multi-weapon turret featuring both a heavy laser cannon and a mass-driver of some type...

I have to go to work now, but I'm sure other ideas will come up as I read more into this...

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I dug more and more into this neat old game, I came across an interesting tidbit. Apparently, the game known as Renegade Legion began life as FASA's bid for the Star Wars RPG license, which ultimately went to WEG and became SWRPG 1E. Knowing that makes me feel a lot better about porting over concepts to D6; the Terran Overlord Government has definite parallels to the Empire, so applying their equipment to Imperial Army units is a good conceptual fit. The same is true of the Renegade Legion and Commonwealth units. Obviously, the background (Neo-Roman Empire vs. British Commonwealth in Space) is a bit too real-world to be applied directly, but there are enough parallels to fit it piecemeal into the SWU.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting closer to posting some stats for this, which will be based both on the original FASA published material and a previous stat-post from a long-lost SWU gamer.

A couple changes from the original...
    1). Weapons will be primarily energy (rather than primarily Gauss with energy as backup), with gravity-based mass drivers on tanks instead of EM. These will fire similar types of shells to the shells used by the Trade Federation's AAT tanks in TPM, with different shells optimized for different targets, including anti-personnel, shield-buster, anti-armor, etc.

2). The vehicles will be ported over as armor units for the Empire (Terran Overlord Government) and Alliance (Commonwealth). This caused a bit of a roadblock in that all of the TOG vehicle names used names of Old Earth Roman military heroes (Trajan, Horatius, Romulus, Remus, etc), which don't really fit in the SWU. However, working with the theme of historic commanders, I decided to give all of the TOG vehicles the names of ancient Sith Lords.

The list of vehicles I plan to stat is:
    Empire
    Maul-Class Light Tank (Aeneas)
    Cognus-Class Light APC (Lupis)
    Nihilus-Class Medium Tank (Horatius)
    Malgus-Class Medium APC (Romulus)
    Vindican-Class Medium AEV** (Remus)
    Tyranis-Class Medium ADV*** (Romulus)
    Bane-Class Heavy Tank (Trajan)

Alliance
    Bata Revo-Class Light Tank (SoroSuub)
    Nah'Tikal-Class Light APC (SoroSuub)
    Hunter-Class Light Tank (Vespasian)
    Seeker-Class Light ARV*
    Liberator-Class Medium Tank
    Constructor-Class Medium AEV** (Liberator)
    Protector-Class Medium ADV*** (Liberator)
    Warrior-Class Medium APC (Spartius)
    Deliverer-Class Heavy Tank

*Armored Recon Vehicle
    **Armored Engineering Vehicle
    ***Armored Air Defense Vehicle

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working on this. The most complicated part of doing a Renegade Legion crossover is converting the weapons rules (which are far more intricate than WEG. In addition, working up stats requires more research than usual to make sure that the various Light, Medium and Heavy vehicles are not unbalanced when compared to existing Ground Combat Vehicles in the SWU.

As a warm-up to posting the stats, here are some D6 stats for RLU-specific weapons and equipment:

MASS DRIVER CANNON
    Mass Drivers fire a high-velocity projectile encased in a plasma-energy sheath. While they are shorter ranged and take up a lot of a vehicle's internal space, they are hard-hitting and versatile, able to fire a wide variety of different projectiles that can be tailored to achieve specific effects. They are almost exclusively fitted to dedicated combat vehicles (tanks), as the volume required to carry a usable load of ammunition takes up too much volume to permit the carrying of troops.

Heavy Mass Driver
    Crew: 1
    Skill: Vehicle Blasters
    Fire Control: 2D
    Range:
    --Space: 1-3/12/25
    --Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
    --Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
    Damage: (Proximity Detonated)
    --Anti-Personnel: 4D (Area)
    --Anti-Armor: 7D (Point)
    --Anti-Shield: 5D Ionization (Point)
    --Incendiary: 3D Incendiary (Standard)
    Ammo: 60

Mass Driver
    Fire Control: 3D
    Range:
    --Space: 1-3/10/20
    --Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1km/2km
    --Anti-Personnel: 3D (Area)
    --Anti-Armor: 6D (Point)
    --Anti-Shield: 4D Ionization (Point)
    --Incendiary: 2D Incendiary (Standard)

Light Mass Driver
    Fire Control: 4D
    Range:
    --Space: 1-3/8/15
    --Atmosphere: 100m-300m/800m/1.5km
    --Anti-Personnel: 2D (Area)
    --Anti-Armor: 5D (Point)
    --Anti-Shield: 3D Ionization (Point)
    --Incendiary: 1D Incendiary (Standard)

SAPPER CANNON
    Sapper Cannon allow armored vehicles to perform a variety of tasks that would otherwise require the use of a specialized combat engineering vehicle. It fires shells into the ground that then detonate for various effects, depending on the type of shell used.

Sapper Cannon
    Fire Control: 4D
    Range: Varies by Shell Type
    Damage: Varies by Shell Type
    Ammo: 4
    Shell Types:
    --Crater Charge (Creates a large crater that can provide Full Cover to a Walker-Scale armored vehicle less than 10 meters tall. The vehicle can not move into the crater until its turn the following round.)
    --Crater Charge, Cluster (As the Crater Charge, but creates a dozen Character-sized craters, used to provide cover for a deployed infantry squad)
    --Mine Clearing Line Charge (Deploys an explosive charge that, upon detonation, clears a path 400 meters long by 20 meters wide through a minefield).
    --Demolition Charge (Used to destroy buildings or underground bunkers, or to weaken the foundations of structures such as bridges or equipment towers. Inflicts 8D Damage, but can only be used against stationary structures).

ROCKET LAUNCHERS
    Most Renegade Legion armored vehicles mount some form of rocket launcher that is used for anti-armor purposes. One unique feature of these rockets is their ability to be fired non-LOS; the launching vehicle can fire from behind Full Cover, without even being able to see its target.

Heavy Rocket Launcher
    Skill: Vehicle Weapons
    Fire Control: Varies with Rocket Type
    Range:
    --Space: 1-5/10/20
    --Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/2km
    Damage: Varies with Rocket Type
    --Heavy Rocket (FC: 3D, Damage: 7D Standard)
    --Cluster Rocket (FC: 6D, Damage: 3D Area. Special: If the Cluster Rocket inflicts damage on its target, make an additional roll on the Damage Table for every 5 points of success on the Gunnery roll)
    Special: INDIRECT FIRE
      -To use this technique, a friendly unit must be acting as a target designator. This can be either a vehicle or infantry unit. For vehicles, the designating vehicle must make a successful Sensor Focus roll on the intended target. For infantry, the designating character must make a successful attack with an active designator of some kind, which is rolled as a standard attack. It inflicts no damage, but can be dodged.

-The target must be within the launcher's fire arc.

Light Rocket Launcher
    Skill: Vehicle Weapons
    Fire Control: 5D
    Range:
    --Space: 1-5/10/20
    --Atmosphere: 50m-300m/600m/1.2km
    Damage: 5D
    Special: INDIRECT FIRE
      -To use this technique, a friendly unit must be acting as a target designator. This can be either a vehicle or infantry unit. For vehicles, the designating vehicle must make a successful Sensor Focus roll on the intended target. For infantry, the designating character must make a successful attack with an active designator of some kind, which is rolled as a standard attack. It inflicts no damage, but can be dodged.

-The target must be within the launcher's fire arc.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most armored vehicles in the RLU mount some combination of an Air Defense Cannon (Vulcan I-IV) or Anti-Personnel Laser. For the purposes of this conversion, I decided to combine the two into a single weapons cupola that is mounted atop the main turret. Cupolas are equipped with either a Heavy Repeating Blaster or Light Blaster Cannon. Normally, this cannon is manned by a live gunner, but for air defense purposes, the cannon can be operated by an automated gunnery pod that can engage both aircraft and attacking missiles.

Light Blaster Cannon
Fire Arc: Turret
Scale: Speeder (+4D)
Range: 100m-300m/800m/1.5km
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 5D
Special Equipment: DEFENSE POD (1D / 2D / 3D / 4D)
    -Anti-Air: Roll as a normal attack, stacking the Pod's rating with the turret's Fire Control.
    -Missile Defense: Roll combined Pod Rating & Fire Control. Missiles are Difficult targets. A Defense Pod may attempt to engage multiple missiles in a round, subject to MAPs as normal.

Heavy Repeating Blaster
Fire Arc: Turret
Scale: Speeder (+4D)
Range: 3-75/200/500
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 3D
Special Equipment: DEFENSE POD (1D / 2D / 3D / 4D)
    -Anti-Air: Roll as a normal attack, stacking the Pod's rating with the turret's Fire Control.
    -Missile Defense: Roll combined Pod Rating & Fire Control. Missiles are Difficult targets. A Defense Pod may attempt to engage multiple missiles in a round, subject to MAPs as normal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: