The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Aliens Stats - The Book Compendium
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Aliens Stats - The Book Compendium Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None that I'm aware of has ever surfaced. I think that it's one of those things that we're almost kind of afraid to tackle. It's hard to see how that's going to go well when one of our players wants to play something with a movement of 80. Smile
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I'm writing NPCs! I need a Teek, dangit! Wink Ah well... I will define some base attributes and leave his speed to be narration-based without game mechanics, I think.

EDIT; What about Glottalphibs? Not even on the list, man...! Wink

Hard core OT, all the way!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
Yeah, but I'm writing NPCs! I need a Teek, dangit! Wink Ah well... I will define some base attributes and leave his speed to be narration-based without game mechanics, I think.

EDIT; What about Glottalphibs? Not even on the list, man...! Wink

Perhaps a good oportunity to use D6 rules from outside the Star Wars rules to tackle this is at hand? Not sure if you have access to D6 Powers from the Godsend Line, but there are certainly ways to attain a speed of 80 while having it balanced and paid for with starting Dice from other areas. While it may seem to fly in the face of Cannon Star Wars, it's a good way to use external rules mechanics to try to create a balanced alien race or being that might otherwise just be a collection of notes and narations that can be used for play or as an NPC.

I am unfamiliar with the alien species you are seeking or their origins.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewoks: The Battle For Endor. TV movie. (Same one that gave us Sanyassan Marauders, the only live-action Dathomirian Nightsister (the only onscreen Nightsister period until the Clone Wars showed up), and that nifty scout ship that looks like a fighter from Independence Day ID4). Superspeed capable, rodent-based.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek

KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
Ewoks: The Battle For Endor. TV movie. (Same one that gave us Sanyassan Marauders, the only live-action Dathomirian Nightsister (the only onscreen Nightsister period until the Clone Wars showed up), and that nifty scout ship that looks like a fighter from Independence Day ID4). Superspeed capable, rodent-based.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek

All I honestly remember from either of those movies is...
"Starcruiser...crash...*pow*"
Though, they were no christmas special (I sadly remember far too much from that).
Let's all sing a Wookie Life-Day song!
Lancil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked my copy of Gry's Alian Stats and sadly no it looks like he was unable to find the stats for either of those races.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

All I honestly remember from either of those movies is...
"Starcruiser...crash...*pow*"

"That's not a starcruiser... that's a horse!" Smile

Lancil wrote:
I just checked my copy of Gry's Alian Stats and sadly no it looks like he was unable to find the stats for either of those races.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion. A shame. Y'know, we should make that a community project- go through each of the listed species with an asterix denoting 'no stats' in the source book, and collaborate on creating them...

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:

Lancil wrote:

Yes, I came to the same conclusion. A shame. Y'know, we should make that a community project- go through each of the listed species with an asterix denoting 'no stats' in the source book, and collaborate on creating them...

We're working on organizing a group of people to work on D6 fan projects here: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3972 If you give us a list of what all you are looking for, I'm sure we can add it to our to-do list.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:

Lancil wrote:

We're working on organizing a group of people to work on D6 fan projects here: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3972 If you give us a list of what all you are looking for, I'm sure we can add it to our to-do list.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Zarm R'keeg wrote:

Lancil wrote:

There there are some questions on whether all of the aliens ought to have stats. I mean, naming and statting Yoda's race seems almost a sacrilege
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:
Zarm R'keeg wrote:

Lancil wrote:

There there are some questions on whether all of the aliens ought to have stats. I mean, naming and statting Yoda's race seems almost a sacrilege

I agree whole heartedly about not stating Yoda's race. We just dont know enough about the race as a whole to even begin.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
I agree whole heartedly about not stating Yoda's race. We just dont know enough about the race as a whole to even begin.
Yeah we do. They're wookiee larvae. Duh!

Laughing

Complete Starship Construction System
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true... but I would put Yoda (and other intentional mysteries) as exceptions to the rule, vs. those like Qiraash who simply got the 'nobody ever bothered to' treatment. So, I guess I'd shift my suggestion to that- those incomplete due to neglect during the original WEG run or obscurity, instead of intetionality.

cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's no reason not to do something about the "We never got around to it," races. It would also be helpful if there was an EU guru around who kept up with the ever expanding list of EU races that are constantly being introduced.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

Yes, yes, I agree.
Though at one point on one of the boards, I recall his race was unofficially named and statted - that was long, long ago...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: