The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Aliens Stats - The Book Compendium
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Aliens Stats - The Book Compendium Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly not including any fan-made species, even though I found some pretty cool-looking ones around.
There might be a couple of stats that are fan-made, because neither WEG nor WOTC released them, but I only used those that were well-thought. For exemple, the other day I found some fan-made stats for the Sy Myrth, but it had all those special abilities telating to how fat they were and everything, didn't sound right, so I just dumped them.
There are also a couple of images that are fan-made of species for which there are no images available. These are based on their descriptions, and are mostly from SWAG.

In the end, I feel I have a pretty neat collection. Can't wait to see this book compiled.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, help me out here. What do you think these two Ep3 senators are?:

http://www.chinese-starwars.com/starwarsepisode3/charactors/othercharactors013.jpg
This one looks very much like a Nautolan, except I can't see any head-tails. Could it be that female Nautolans look like this?

http://www.chinese-starwars.com/starwarsepisode3/charactors/othercharactors005.jpg
This one I'm pretty sure is a more human reinterpretation of the Dresselian, the heads are exactly the same.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found Nautolans in my books, but you might be right about the second character, even though he's got a much more "predator-like" look in his face then the Dresselians are described.

However, I might have an idea for your book. My players are usually startled by the incredibly huge selection of races. What I would really love to see is something like a reference sheet in the appendix that lists a few of the more commonly chosen character races and their prospective roleplaying appeal, special abilities or general classification.

For instance for Verpine I'd list "Insect-like, master technicians, physical body armor" or for Falleen "beautiful reptile descendants, 13d stats, pheromone powers", etc. This would really help a bunch!
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea Akari, but it might be more work than I'm up to, we'll see.... Anyway, this can always be added to the book later, since it would be in the last pages.

BTW, I got confirmation that that 1st image is indeed a Nautolan female (Kit Fisto species).
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priapulin from the Essential Guide to Alien Species.

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't think that the second pic is a Dresselian. From the descriptions they don't look like that, and they never joined the Republic/Empire. They were first found by the Bothans during the days of the Repuplic, but no contact was made and the Bothans just mined the Asteroids near Dressel. When the Empire formed, the Bothans lost the mining rights, and the Empire moved in and started mining the planet. Individual Dresselians joined the Rebellion, such as Oorimaako and my own character Orgaloth.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Hellcat, that was really helpful.

I'm still missing images for the Talid, Vashan, Oblee and Ruusanian, if anyone can find any of these, I would really appreciate it.

I don't know about that "dresselian". For me it looks quite exactly like the one from the CT, only that one was a mask and this is just added make-up, which accounts from the differences in design. The basic concept seems exactly the same, specially the head-dome shape, which is what makes me think this is the "more realistic" PT-version of the dresselian. And as for the EU history of the species, we all know how much GL deeply cares about that, don't we....?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Gry, can't help with any of those as they don't appear to be in any of the Essential Guides I've got, and I've got all the Essential Guides so far released. About the best I can do is to mention that WotC's website mentions that the Ruusanians only vary slightly from regular humans. And I only found that out as I've been trying to collect most of what they've got over there on Kyle Katarn and other elements related to the Dark Forces-Jedi Knight games so I can convert them and do a Dark Forces D6 sourcebook. Gonna have to check the Rebellion to see if they've got anything on conversions for the Dark Trooper droids.

Wanted Poster
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
That's a good idea Akari, but it might be more work than I'm up to, we'll see.... Anyway, this can always be added to the book later, since it would be in the last pages.

How about I open a seperate thread, start with a few races I normally encounter in my games and see what people can add to it. I'd then compile a list for you to add to your book. Smile

Edit: you can find the thread here: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=622

Last edited by Akari on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Ben
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of the mini-boxes we got there was a Yuzzem (sp?). Are they in any of the D6 books and statted out?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Yuzzem ever appeared in a WEG book. As far as I know they're only in WOTC's Ultimate Alien Anthology. If you want I converted their stats to D6.
Lord Ben
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what do you have? I was going to just tell the player to duplicate the Wookie Stats but if you have something else I'd love to see it.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

Yuzzem
Home Planet: Ragna III
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 1D/3D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D+1
MECHANICAL 1D/3D+2
PERCEPTION 1D/3D+2
STRENGTH 2D+2/5D
TECHNICAL 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Large: As large creatures, Yuzzem take a –1D penalty on hide rolls.
Claws: Do STR+1D damage.
Bite: Does STR+1D damage.
Scent: Yuzzem can detect opponents within 10 meters by sense of smell. If the source is upwind, the range increases to 20 meters; if it’s downwind, the range decreases to 6 meters. Strong scents double the range and overpowering scents triple it. Yuzzem also get a +1D bonus to search: tracking.
Physical Intimidation: Yuzzem may roll Strenght to intimidate.
Fearless: Yuzzem don’t frighten easily and gain a +1D bonus to willpower to resist fear.
Climbing Claws: Yuzzem use their sharp claws to aid in climbing and gain a +2 bonus to climbing.
Story Factors:
Honorable: Although rash and volatile, the Yuzzem follow s strict code of honor and insist on paying their debts.
Move: 10/12
Size: 2.5 meters tall on average
Source: Ultimate Alien Anthology (pages 193-194)
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

Yuzzem
Home Planet: Ragna III
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 1D/3D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D+1
MECHANICAL 1D/3D+2
PERCEPTION 1D/3D+2
STRENGTH 2D+2/5D
TECHNICAL 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Large: As large creatures, Yuzzem take a –1D penalty on hide rolls.
Claws: Do STR+1D damage.
Bite: Does STR+1D damage.
Scent: Yuzzem can detect opponents within 10 meters by sense of smell. If the source is upwind, the range increases to 20 meters; if it’s downwind, the range decreases to 6 meters. Strong scents double the range and overpowering scents triple it. Yuzzem also get a +1D bonus to search: tracking.
Physical Intimidation: Yuzzem may roll Strenght to intimidate.
Fearless: Yuzzem don’t frighten easily and gain a +1D bonus to willpower to resist fear.
Climbing Claws: Yuzzem use their sharp claws to aid in climbing and gain a +2 bonus to climbing.
Story Factors:
Honorable: Although rash and volatile, the Yuzzem follow s strict code of honor and insist on paying their debts.
Move: 10/12
Size: 2.5 meters tall on average
Source: Ultimate Alien Anthology (pages 193-194)
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*EDITED BY ADMIN* moved to the Tools forum

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: