The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi during the Rebellion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Jedi during the Rebellion? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of force skills (dice level) or specific force uses do you think would trigger a ripple in the force that Vader or the Emperor could sense? Did they tract most jedi by just intel on stuff reported by locals or did they get "sensed out" by vader the jedi blood hound? (sorry I haven't read the vader trilogy, if it explains this)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the Vader trilogy yet either... but here is where you're going to have a difference of opinion (those who consider which parts of Star Wars lore to be canon, basically). There were the Grand Inquisitors, who were Force sensitives in the employ of the Emperor; these individuals would be able to sense more localized Force use, even if from a lesser-skilled individual.

That seems to be how my own Jedi character got found... I believe the dark Jedi tracking another Jedi in our party sensed me using the Force to get us out of a nice little shootout, and dropped in to engage me with lightsabers. Only the Captain's showing up and chasing the guy off saved my skin.
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it helped much since now they've captured us.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the Twi'lek dancing girl at the cantina. Cal shoulda joined her on stage. Razz

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet he will next time! Razz

Don't wait up, either. Very Happy 8)
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing a campaign with frequent "leaps" that started 5 years after Ep III and is at 3 BBY now. One of the characters is a force-user, but not a Jedi. He and his master, a redeemed Inquisitor, of whom the Empire thinks he's dead, are so-called Tion Lal (Guardians of Tion), which is an old and basically extinct knighthood from Dellalt with yellow lightsabers, that had merged with the Jedi in the last 200 years of the Old Republic. They are hiding in the Outer Rim.

In the beginning of the campaign, there were still Jedi trying to make their way to the rim, there were weak, fallen Jedi serving as inquisitors and a few more powerful ones keeping an eye on them and the few more powerful Jedi that might show up. Over the years (we would play out one year and then jump a few, play a few month and jump again) I used fewer and fewer Jedi until there was a point, where the Emperor decided that the Inquisition had outlived its usefulness. (If you ask me there was no inquisition during the original trilogy. Vader was all that's left of "that old religion".)

It was an nice cutscene:

The Emperor had arranged a classic Sith-trap for the high inquisitor, who had come to believe that he was a Sith after illegally studying a holocron or two, which he had found on his missions. The scene was set in the Emperor's office, where the high inquisitor was protesting against the confiscation of his ship by the Imperial Navy. (Should've woken him up, huh?) Vader sabered the three inquisitors, that had accompanied him (two of them by telekinesis, using their own lightsabers) and the when the high inquisitor complained that he (the Emperor) couldn't do this to a "fellow Sith", Palpy rose from his throne, laughed a dry and dirty laugh and hissed: "You are not a Sith. You are just a fallen Jedi, who has lost his mind!" *brutal death by force lightning*

In the following months, the inquisitor were eradicated like the Jedi, they once hunted, replaced by even weaker force sensitives, who just had to keep an eye on unusual "force disturbances". After that, there were only a dozen force-users left in my NPC-folder. Three served in Mon Mothma's entourage and died in combat. I made it clear that the flame was dying down. Another two, who had taught the PC his first skills died of old age. One NPC is actually a "collective mind" flock of force-using birds, that is hiding on an agricultural world near Hutt Space. Hardly a lightsaber-slinging threat to the New Order.

My guess is, that Vader did not have many actual lightsaber duels after his ill-fated visit to Mustaphar. The armor and helmet restrained his skills and he was a shadow of his former self when he faced Obiwan and Luke in Episodes IV-VI. So I kept the duels to a minimum. Most former Jedi found a quite unspectacular death, like having their ships blown up in space or being shot down by a squad of clone or stormtrooper commandos.

>-q=p---
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'LL leave a mark...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The armor may have limited his dexterity a bit, but Vader was still a formidable oponent in a lightsaber duel. And he does seem to have had more than three or four.

Wanted Poster
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Shadows of the Empire, Vader trains againts duelling droïds... but they are too weak in comparison
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't me he was bad as in "Uh, which side was the evil end again?"; just that he wasn't the supreme sword master of 19BBY anymore. It's quite a good explaination why Luke had a chance against him at all, if you need one. His fighting style surely changed after the horrible injuries he suffered on Mustaphar. He lost flexibility, but gained power.

>-q=p---
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthomer09 wrote:
Not that it helped much since now they've captured us.

Any idea when your gm will actually spring vader (or the high inquisitor he sends) on you??
Where are you being held?
What are the guards like, are they human, or droid?> How many are there?
Who are you being held with??
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See for yourself, garhkal. We're playing in Jamfke's PbP here. Darthomer09's character, along with JediSkyler's, are currently trapped in a cell with the rest of the team which includes the bizarre element of a snoring droid 8). Right now we've got Luey trying to figure out what everyone wants him to do about my character, the aforementioned snoring droid.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as far as my Sense is telling, there are four stormtroopers in the hall directly outside the cellar storage room we're being held in, and four more in the adjacent room. That's all we know at this point. But like Hellcat said, check us out in the Rebel Uprisings PBP game down at the bottom of the Index Page.

We GOTTA wake up that droid...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That or find a way to patch him into the stormies helmet comlinks and let him snore so loud they can't hear us breaking out.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing There ya go.

Or perhaps we'll luck out and that'll work like having someone yawn in front of people... ya know, how they just HAVE to yawn after seeing that? Maybe the stormies will fall asleep for us... hehehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: