The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Killing a Jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Killing a Jedi Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Killing a Jedi Reply with quote

Let's say you and a score of your friends want to kill a Jedi Master... someone on par with Obi-Wan in RotS... capable, at the top of his powers, at least nominally aware that something might happen. Maybe a few less scruples, and a dark side point or two (if you want).

How can you realistically kill him with your non-force using selves? What ways will offer the least casualties?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orbital bombardment easiest.

twenty people with blasters set to stun, when unconscious cut his throat.

stun effect in movie is ring shaped not bolts so don't think could be parried.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the idea of melee droids equipped with thermal detonators as self destruct mechanisms once they're cut through.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What power/skill level are the PCs? Or the characters in question?

A character tht is a "jedi master" and as you say, at the top of his game, isn't someone that a regular group of starting characters even has a chance against.

Id say the best way to kill Obi Wan is to wait for him to take the helm of a space craft or airspeeder, and then shoot him down.

Or emp his lightsaber and then shoot him.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Pop off a couple of EMP grenades to fry his lightsaber, and use lots of non blockable weaponry.. Flame throwers, grenades, full auto machine guns, crossbows (magna casters).. Keep your distance so the jedi can't GET to you to take you down...
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does one have access to a Clone Army?

I guess the 'least casualties' rules that option out.

Ray Shields seem to be able to hold a jedi. Set up a ship corridor with a ray-shield projector, entrap him as per the RotS deleted scene. Then take your captured prize and eject him out an airlock into the void of space; or better yet during atmospheric re-entry.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mostly a mental exercise, but some ground rules:

1) There are 21 people in this group... you and 20 friends.
2) No skill is higher than 8D; it can be your closest wookie buddies, but you're not the best of the best.
3) Any equipment you have must be fully staffed by you and your 20 friends... so you don't have a Star Destroyer.
4) The Jedi has the same advantages, but none of the disadvantages... he can have any equipment, has an unreasonable number of force points, and if you he wants a given force power, he's got it.
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

area of effect weapons: explosives, shotgun blasts, automatic weapons, artillery, etc.

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, bear in mind that a Jedi Master played anything close to realistic will know the attack is coming, whether via Danger Sense or Farseeing (i.e. visions of the future), and could easily avoid your attack just by not being there. There has to be a reason for him to tie himself to a specific point; without that, and based on the Jedi's preference for non-violence, simply leaving and hiding somewhere would be his Plan A.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order 66... the Dark Side obscure the farseeing or danger sense... whatever excuse you would use... I don't see a Jedi Master like an omniscient being and I think the movies prove it (all Episodes are Canon, for better or worse).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meriba wrote:
Order 66... the Dark Side obscure the farseeing or danger sense... whatever excuse you would use... I don't see a Jedi Master like an omniscient being and I think the movies prove it (all Episodes are Cannon, for better or worse).

20-odd mooks with a few 8D skills doesn't come even close to the threat level of a Dark Lord of the Sith who has the actual ability to cloud precognitive vision.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu May 19, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for the double n. I've edited my message after read it, and prior your response, but you are faster than me tiping. Embarassed
Tinman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-47 has some very good advice about this in Knights of the Old Republic 2. See this video for his suggestions.

Atton Rand was also rather accomplished when it came to defeating Jedi, and has some minor advice about it too.

I only recall one instance of a non-Force Sensitive character killing someone with seriously developed Force abilities in a game I've participated in.

In our Rebel Intelligence campaign finale (mutually designed to be a glorious suicide mission) a character gunned down an Emperor's Hand face to face with a blaster. The villain in question was the primary nemesis of the group, and it became one character's mission in life to put him to an ignominious end.

He became so skilled with a blaster that, with the help of a Force Point, the campaign antagonist simply wasn't able to deflect the shot (which ended up being incapacitating despite pulling every mitigating trick he had available, and the next one was lethal.) Basically, this guy was such an aggravation for such a long time that we wanted him to perish without even the dignity of a dying speech. It also gave a squad of stormtroopers a round's pause to see it happen, and it had the added effect of Palpatine immediately noticing the death of one of his Hands.

That went against HK's advice, but it worked.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinman wrote:
HK-47 has some very good advice about this in Knights of the Old Republic 2. See this video for his suggestions.

Atton Rand was also rather accomplished when it came to defeating Jedi, and has some minor advice about it too.

Yeah, HK and Atton's advice was part of what I was thinking of.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinman wrote:
He became so skilled with a blaster that, with the help of a Force Point, the campaign antagonist simply wasn't able to deflect the shot (which ended up being incapacitating despite pulling every mitigating trick he had available, and the next one was lethal.)

See, this is something that has never made sense to me. Why is it assumed that a good Blaster skill roll somehow makes a blaster bolt harder to parry? Does it somehow make the plasma in the bolt travel faster? Does it "curve" the shot somehow? Does wishful thinking on the part of the shooter translate into Force energy that supernaturally enhances the bolt?

My feel has always been that parrying blaster bolts should have a flat difficulty, or if anything, based on Damage (as in, the more energy delivered by the blaster bolt, the more energy the lightsaber has to deflect). The prequels show that the best way to overload a Jedi's lightsaber defenses is to hit with multiple shots in rapid sequence, not a single, well-placed one.

In fact, the Clone Wars has some great ideas for non-FS characters fighting Jedi. Watch any battle sequence between a Jedi and Cad Bane. He uses rocket boots to keep the range open, barrages of blaster fire from his pistols, grenades or demolition charges, unparryable weapons like flamethrowers, or entangling weapons to immobilize. The focus is on keeping out of range of the Jedi's lightsaber and keeping the Jedi too busy defending himself (or untangling himself) to pursue or go on the offense (translation: MAPs).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: