The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My Fan Fiction Recommendations
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> My Fan Fiction Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: My Fan Fiction Recommendations Reply with quote

A couple of Star Wars fan fictions that I highly recommend:

Into The Storm is the first book of Blank101's Son of Sons trilogy. In this alternate universe, the Millennium Falcon does not escape from Bespin, and Luke is captured and handed over to the Emperor by Vader. It's a very bumpy, angsty ride, but the character development is incredible, as are the lightsaber fight scenes.

Empire's Son is the most recent story by Blank101. It's complete, in and of itself, but its pretty obvious that a sequel was planned. Its premise is a reversal of the separation of the twins, with Leia going to Tatooine and Luke going to Alderaan.

In addition, Blank101 has multiple short stories that make for a fun read.

Apart from some very well done lightsaber battles, what stands out the most to me in the two main stories is how well blank101 writes Vader redemption and death sequences. The character development to reach that point is worth the read all by itself.

Enjoy.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequel to Empire's Son is in progress.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: