The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A ruined Sith Library temple
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> A ruined Sith Library temple Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea about Willpower is a good one. I have already included Knowledge: Alien Species, Knowledge: Cultures, Knowledge: Planetary Systems and Knowledge: Scholar. as well as a comprehensive melee combat and brawling reward. Stamina was next, and I'll add willpower for sure.
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what do you think about this? Never really considered this type of encounter before.

AREA 10: GREAT HALL
After walking up the many dusty stairs, you step onto a landing, and look into the expansive room beyond. Your lights show a room with no corners. Smooth polished stone – as if a single piece had been merely melted into the designer’s will. The room is easily twenty meters across and twice that deep. The chamber is filled with maybe thirty chairs, elegant in their simplicity with smooth metal frames and leather cushions – all in advanced stages of decay, of course. The dust is thick here; motes drift through the air high above you near the ceiling, about fifteen meters above. In the distance you see a dais, with a heavy tapestry behind it decorated in the red and black triangle design you have seen throughout this place. The dais has a great chair, almost a throne, made of a dark colored wood and adorned with smooth lines and runes. A chair fit for a Sith lord, you are certain.

This room is haunted by restless spirits of Xian’s apprentices and disciples. It is the first truly dangerous area the characters have entered so far. When the group begins to move through the area, call for perception rolls. An easy roll for Force sensitive characters and a moderate roll for others allows them to first hear, then see, faint whispering shadows seated in the chairs. The voices hiss and curse at the characters, outraged at their presence in this place of learning and reverence. Moments later, unless the characters flee from the room at once, the spirits begin hurling chairs instead of curses.

Each round every character in the room will be targeted by 1d3 vengeful spirits, attacked with a thrown chair. Treat these attacks as thrown weapon 4D and damage of 3D. The spirits cannot be harmed, blaster bolts and even lightsaber blades pass through them. Let the characters try, though. The attacks will not cease until the characters have exited the room and entered the area beyond the tapestry or the vestibule.

Once the chairs start flying, the room becomes a clutter of broken chairs and dust, counting as difficult terrain. It’s 25 meters to the safety of the area beyond the tapestry, assuming the know there is even somewhere to go behind the tapestry.
nuclearwookiee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this has already been suggested; I only skimmed the thread. For a more mundane encounter, how about a hostile indigenous tribe whose ancestors worshiped the Sith as deities or something and regard the library as a sacred place? It adds the extra complication of having the players decide how to deal with adversaries who aren't necessarily "bad," just trying to protect what's theirs.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonos wrote:
The idea about Willpower is a good one. I have already included Knowledge: Alien Species, Knowledge: Cultures, Knowledge: Planetary Systems and Knowledge: Scholar. as well as a comprehensive melee combat and brawling reward. Stamina was next, and I'll add willpower for sure.

Another few to add.

Somewhere to train for Accrobatics/running (sinec both cover balance), and maybe an American Ninja warrior like training area.

nuclearwookiee wrote:
Sorry if this has already been suggested; I only skimmed the thread. For a more mundane encounter, how about a hostile indigenous tribe whose ancestors worshiped the Sith as deities or something and regard the library as a sacred place? It adds the extra complication of having the players decide how to deal with adversaries who aren't necessarily "bad," just trying to protect what's theirs.

Ohh.. I like!
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking this more and more, especially the holocron made up to look like a Mandalorian thermal detonator and the flying chair room. Maybe have the spirits hurl insults revealing personal details of past tragedies, e.g. 'You could have saved her, but you ran!'

You know, if the flying chair and wailing spirit thing doesn't completely unnerve your players. 8)
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Those are great ideas! Keep them coming!
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done. Anyone who may want to give it a look or play test is welcome to do so.

The cover page is set up for my campaign and is episode 10 of that game. However, I wrote it with other people playing it in mind.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2eHApljB2fKfnpGdnZCbWRzdmI0NE9vRmVsWVYwOFBNNVA2MFhWVXFta0VzWjBORHBhYVU&usp=sharing
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your work.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i am at Gencon, i will have to wait till sunday or beyond to give it a proper look over
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone had a look yet? I have been at Pennsic all week so haven't been online.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Very professionally done, complete with maps, character motivations, and of course loot. You have a good mix of valuables, appealing to a wide range of characters. Outstanding!
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVED it.. Especially liked your use of the imagry of Stargate Atlantis Wraiths 'projecting in their telepathic meld' for the force wraiths!
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. I really enjoy looking around for neat images to illustrate my adventures. I've been known to spend hours doing it!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonos wrote:
Anyone had a look yet? I have been at Pennsic all week so haven't been online.

You just got a little more interesting as a person. Unfortunately, I couldn't go. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: