The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GG16: The Old Republic errata
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> GG16: The Old Republic errata Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great and fantastic work, The Force is really strong in you.

A few notes, thought that Satelle Knowledge skills would be higher, as should WillPower.

Also noted that one of the greatest things with the game and missing is the addition of Shields and Geneerators to the armour.

Are you planning to expand this?
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing were we are missing is character templates... both imperial/sith and republic/jedi and also rougues/independants. possible some existing ones adapted?
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kira firestorm
Seems like shields and generators for armor could throw the game a little out of wack. That's a major difference between SWD6 and kotor for instance. But, maybe there's a way to incorporate them without unbalancing things.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ning Leihrec wrote:
@kira firestorm
Seems like shields and generators for armor could throw the game a little out of wack. That's a major difference between SWD6 and kotor for instance. But, maybe there's a way to incorporate them without unbalancing things.

http://d6holocron.com/downloads/books/RP_SagaConversion_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_Campaign_Guide.pdf shields be covered in here. I think he just decided such was already covered.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields and armor are a good point -

While researching this book, I initially intended to include almost if not all of the armor and weapons. However, once the lists grew to *several thousand items*, I knew to keep the book under 1,000 pages I'd need to omit most of the personal gear. Also missing are all the options for starship and starfighter upgrades. They are all written and statted - as are all the armor and weapons - I'm just trying to find a way to add pictures of each without manually saving, importing, and placing 3000-5000 items.

The templates are another great point - I started laying them out quite awhile ago. Not just the main ones (jedi, bounty hunter), but the more WEG-inspired obscure ones: disgraced Republic Naval Officer, resistance fighter, etc. But again, these would have added - if not page count - at least two months to the project to get all the details right, so I skipped them for now. I'd love to add them to a future release - maybe a TOR-era Heroes and Rogues supplement?

As regards the Jedi and Sith skills - I'm happy to take corrections on things like Satele's knowledge and the overuse of certain force powers. Some of those are just idiosyncrasies that pop up when statting 50-100 characters, I'll examine the skills and see if I can bring them more in line.

As for the creature, planet, and droid inconsistencies, I had thought that I had used the correct sources for those, it was my intention that they all matched official or 'sanctioned' stats. I'll need to re-check my sources, it's possible the reference I used was incorrect or outdated. I'm particularly puzzled by T3-M4, I'd thought I had sourced that one word for word. I know some changes were made to the HK series bots, but those were technically different unique units.

As to the planetary systems, again I sourced Wookieepedia directly. Thanks for the notes, I will recheck my sources!

Thanks for the feedback, keep em coming!

Anyone used the Sabacc, Pazaak, or Galactic Trade Network/Cartel Market mechanics yet? If so, how do they work for you?
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolness.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Shields and armor are a good point -

While researching this book, I initially intended to include almost if not all of the armor and weapons. However, once the lists grew to *several thousand items*, I knew to keep the book under 1,000 pages I'd need to omit most of the personal gear. Also missing are all the options for starship and starfighter upgrades. They are all written and statted - as are all the armor and weapons - I'm just trying to find a way to add pictures of each without manually saving, importing, and placing 3000-5000 items.

The templates are another great point - I started laying them out quite awhile ago. Not just the main ones (jedi, bounty hunter), but the more WEG-inspired obscure ones: disgraced Republic Naval Officer, resistance fighter, etc. But again, these would have added - if not page count - at least two months to the project to get all the details right, so I skipped them for now. I'd love to add them to a future release - maybe a TOR-era Heroes and Rogues supplement?

As regards the Jedi and Sith skills - I'm happy to take corrections on things like Satele's knowledge and the overuse of certain force powers. Some of those are just idiosyncrasies that pop up when statting 50-100 characters, I'll examine the skills and see if I can bring them more in line.

As for the creature, planet, and droid inconsistencies, I had thought that I had used the correct sources for those, it was my intention that they all matched official or 'sanctioned' stats. I'll need to re-check my sources, it's possible the reference I used was incorrect or outdated. I'm particularly puzzled by T3-M4, I'd thought I had sourced that one word for word. I know some changes were made to the HK series bots, but those were technically different unique units.

As to the planetary systems, again I sourced Wookieepedia directly. Thanks for the notes, I will recheck my sources!

Thanks for the feedback, keep em coming!

Anyone used the Sabacc, Pazaak, or Galactic Trade Network/Cartel Market mechanics yet? If so, how do they work for you?

one idea I have... is how antiquated/more advanced technology may be harder to use/understand fully/repair to those not quite familiar with... so note on some new skills on using such/repairing such... like and Archaic Walkers skill and starships repair, operation and that, etc. for repairs/use in later eras..... conversely some one froze in carbonite say for some thousands of years waking in the rebellion period would/should have some penalties to some areas of skill use... at first at least till acclimated to the new stuffs/changes....... also like what the Corporate Sector Fleet Did with the Invincible Dreadnaughts, there should be rules for upgrading the old vehicles/vessels at the least....... to more... modern.. standards...... also the hulls of many transports stated should be a bit more durable....... by 1D or 2D this is a major issue with many sith imperial transports. wile the sith have usually made their fighter flimsy, it isn't usually so of their transports or capital vessels. also many capital vessels come out on the short end and should get a 1D to 2D die code increase to hull. unless a vessel is fluffed as very flimsy, it should fall in to the 3D to 5D hull code. Smile
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a minor nitpick I found yesterday. I was looking through the fanmade Medical Sourcebook here on the forums, and I saw that the stats for the M3-M1 droid are different from yours. Now since there had never been any official d20 stats for the droid, it never received an official d6 conversion, nor had said conversion been posted on this site in any of the other conversion documents prior to yours and the Medical Sourcebook. As such, the difference might be attributed to creator's prerogative, but I thought I should bring it to your attention since the Medical Sourcebook was released before your work.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mojomoe! How goes the Errata work? Will be coolness to finally see this! fully finished! Very Happy
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SF-3 scout - you list it as a shuttle, but the Wookiepedia lists it at a speeder and is therefore atmospheric only.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, good point! I'll doublecheck that.

To answer your questions, work is proceeding nicely. I'm being absolutely sure on this revised draft, as I do not anticipate a second. This one is it.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolness!
TheH@mM3r
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mojomoe, I just got access to the forums. I have quite few typography things if you want those as well. Mostly they are places where a space is missing between words. Do you want those kinds of things too?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! Add any and all information that you can find. Consider this as a rubric: if you see something that's not right, assume it will be that way in the final revision. Suggest away!
TheH@mM3r
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here goes. I have separated the edits into chapters, listed the page number, and then a section of the text before and after so it is easier to find. I have underlined the error and listed the type of edit parenthetically. N.B. I use WB as a shortening for word break.
PS. Really enjoying simply reading this Guide, let alone using it in a future game. Thanks for all your hard work.

Chapter One

pg 18 - Je'daii order (I only saw you choose this spelling once and you used Jedi before and after: little confusing, your call)

Chapter Two

pg 20 - The onslaught of the Sith Empirecaught the republic (word break (WB))
pg 20 - whom Janaras had placed (spelling)
pg 22 - The final paragraph of description for Garza seems very repetitive. I have noticed that you do this a few times so it may just reflect your style and/or formula for writing up the descriptions. This one in particular seemed a little jarring.
pg 22 - but is also it in charge (confusing wording, likely from an incomplete revision)
pg 24 - on the tranquil Core Worldof Alderaan (WB)
pg 32 - dedicated to protecting theGalactic Republic (WB)
pg 34 - began to keep ajournal as a means (WB)
pg 35 - the Sith Empire'smilitary campaign (WB (History of Jedi Order highlight box))
pg 40 - she was on Jedi buisness, but her (spelling)
pg 40 - using the Force to coushin a fall (spelling)
pg 43 - Ashara came to Taristo train (WB)

Chapter Three

pg 45 - However, thisdoes not mean (WB (in Italicized intro)
pg 45 - forgotten world ofDromund Kaas (WB)
pg 45 - Since thetreaty of Coruscant (WB)
pg 49 - Vector Hyllus entry (This entry is the only one so far that is presented as a bullet-ed list, rather than in narrative form)
pg 50 - fleet of warships of various. (Seems like a word is missing at the end of this sentence)
pg 51 - finding refuge onDromund Kaas (WB)
pg 53 - loyal servant of his Sithoverlords. (WB)
pg 53 - happened uponDromund Kaas (WB)
pg 53 - proclaimed himself the new Emperorof his people (WB)
pg 53 - an expertly trainedarmy and a technologically advancednavy (WB)
pg 53 - Vaiken was later killedduring a campaign (WB)
pg 53 - to defeat an alienspecies in deep space (WB)
pg 57 - Escape and reconstruction unknown to the Jedi (wording may need revision for flow perhaps just remove "Escape and reconstruction and begin with: Unknown to the Jedi")
pg 58 - floating in space they foundDromund Kaas (WB)
pg 58 - by Darth Nyriss andLord Scourge, and Meetra Surikmanaged to contact (WB)
pg 58 - then granted Scourge enteral life and (spelling)
pg 59 - Later, however a Emperor's Hand member (should be "an")
pg 60 - Jedi Knight Meetra Surikstormed the Trayus (WB)
pg 60 - he lacked the specieist bias (spelling)
pg 60 - Sith Warriors typical wield (should be "typically")
pg 60 - All in all, a Sith Warriors equipment (should be Warrior's)
pg 61 - Kaan's Brotherhood of Darknessestablishing specialized (WB)
pg 61 - is the caste of Stih known as Inquisitors (spelling)
pg 62 - mantle as Sith Lord.During the Cold War (WB)
pg 62 - When Darth Kraytabolished the Rule of Two and established his One Sithorganization, he reformed (WB)
pg 63 - the Great Galactic Warand the Cold War (WB)
pg 63 - before the Dark Jedi Exilesarrived on Korriban (WB)
pg 63 - in battle, Sith kingsused to remove (WB)
pg 65 - a young human l malenamed Gav Daragon (there is a vertical line followed by a WB)
pg 65 - the Sith teachings, a fallenJedi and Sith Lord (WB)
pg 65 - named Aleema Ketoand her cousin (WB)
pg 66 - disbandment in 3951 BBYfollowing the Destruction (WB)
pg 66 - and the Cold Warthat followed it (WB)
pg 75 - She handed over the security codes for Korriban over to the Republic (remove)

That's it for now as I took a break while I was waiting for forum access. Now that I have access I will get back to chipping away if this is the kind of thing you find helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: