The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kessel (Canon)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Kessel (Canon)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Kessel (Canon) Reply with quote

Quote:
Kessel

A planet that hosted spice mines. For years, the Pyke Syndicate dealt with spice mined from Kessel, utilizing smugglers and freighter captains to deliver it to the crime families of Coruscant. The Galactic Empire operated a mining operation, employing numerous slaves, including Wookiees, to harvest spice. Meanwhile, the Kessel royal family lived in lush sanctuaries in the planet's southern hemisphere, turning a blind eye to the brutal working conditions in the mines of the northern hemisphere.

Name: Kessel
Region: Outer Rim Territories
Sector: Kessel
System: Kessel
Sun(s): Kessa
Trade Route(s): -
Orbital Position: 1
Moon(s): -
Length of Day: 26 standard days
Length of Year: 322 local days
Starport(s): 1 Standard

Type: Terrestrial
Temperature: Temperate
Atmosphere: Type I
Hydrosphere: Moderate
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Barren, spice mines in the north, lush sanctuaries in the south
Points of Interest: Space mine K76
Native Flora: -
Native Fauna: Energy spider, Bogey

Native Species: -
Immigrated Species: Humans
Population: 122 thousand (700 military/administrative, 10,400 prisoners; 22% Humans, 78% Other)
Languages: Galactic Basic Standard
Government: Kessel royal family
Tech Level: Space
Planet Function: Glitterstim mining,
Major Cities: Kessendra
Major Exports: Glitterstim spice
Major Imports: Foodstuff, high-tech goods, luxury items, machinery
Affiliation: Pyke Syndicate, Galactic Empire

Pyke Syndicate
A spice dealership that operated in the criminal underworld from their homeworld on Oba Diah.

History
The Pykes were responsible for ensuring the flow of spice from Kessel to Coruscant, utilizing smugglers and freighter captains to carry out Kessel Runs to ensure spice deliveries. Prior to the invasion of Naboo, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum sent Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas to engage the Pykes in negotiations with the Galactic Republic regarding the Pykes' monopoly on the spice trade. At the behest of the Sith Lord Count Dooku, however, the Pykes killed Sifo-Dyas.

Years later, during the Clone Wars, the Pyke Syndicate allied themselves with Darth Maul and his Shadow Collective; the Pykes were eager to join after Maul had coerced the Black Sun into joining the alliance. Along with Black Sun, and at the behest of Maul and Death Watch, the Pykes staged an attack on Mandalore, allowing Death Watch to intervene as so-called defenders of the people. With the government of Mandalore unable to manage the crisis, Death Watch successfully took over Mandalore.

Later, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi arrived on Oba Diah, hot on the trail of Sifo-Dyas. After admitting that the Pykes had indeed killed Sifo-Dyas, Lom introduced the Jedi Knights to Valorum's former aide Silman, who the Pykes had kept in captivity as insurance. Shortly afterward Tyranus arrived on Oba Diah with the intention of keeping the Jedi from discovering the truth behind Sifo-Dyas' demise. Tyranus killed Silman and engaged the Jedi and the Pykes in battle, killing Lom and escaping.

Organization Type: Spice dealership
Leader(s): Lom
Members: Fife
Headquarters: Oba Diah
Affiliation: Shadow Collective

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is the canon version, huh? I've never seen the Clone Wars episode that had it, but I've seen Rebels "Spark of Rebellion" twice, and have been that Wookieepedia entry, and I just now noticed that they changed it to a much more realistic spherical planet. I'm going with this for my SWU. Asteroids could be mined, but they wouldn't be planets. And an asteroid-shaped planet with a spherical moon makes even less sense.

And even though Wookieepedia fails to, do you think it would make sense to add a sentence about the Rebels adventure there? This is for a Rebels-specific guide so I would think the write-up should refer to its relevance to Rebels. Just sayin'.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
And even though Wookieepedia fails to, do you think it would make sense to add a sentence about the Rebels adventure there? This is for a Rebels-specific guide so I would think the write-up should refer to its relevance to Rebels. Just sayin'.

Nope. Those are handled in the episode guide section.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: