The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mon Calamari MCB-Type Integrated Landing Barge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mon Calamari MCB-Type Integrated Landing Barge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:

Also, if you have the stats for that shuttle you mentioned, I'd like to see them. I could see having both an unarmed utility transport version and an armed assault shuttle version that can fit in the same docks.

I will try to find them. All my RPG stuff is boxed up right now and packed away.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
garhkal wrote:
True, but if you have saboteurs on the ship, they can muck it over by 'blowing the charges' and force the bridge section off the ship.. causing at least a segment of time of mass confusion!

And that's just one example of potential vulnerabilities. For another, the connection points between the command pod and the rest of the ship would be vulnerabilities, and priority targets, as damaging the command linkages could potentially interrupt essential command and control functions in mid battle. I get what you are saying, Kage, but I still think the potential vulnerabilities outweigh the advantages. As such, I'm going to limit the Mon Cal ships in my universe to docking small craft like landing barges or shuttles..

That was actually one of the missions we had a while back in one of our group's seminars. Break onto an imperial Dungeon ship (empty) and sabotage the power cells/computer, to cause a catastrophic overload. THEN jettison all escape pods but the one we were using!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back home now, where my Star Wars stuff is, I will look up those shuttle stats when I get a chance. Still dealing with the problems I retunred home to.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Mon Calamari MCB-Type Integrated Landing Barge Reply with quote

Ok, so I found those shuttles, and though I have two sets of slightly differing stats, the notes were very rough. I have included the details as noded, and borrowed some of crmcneill's wording to refine the description of the intended docking and interface. I hope he does not mind, if so I will rewrite it when I get time.

Craft: Mon Calamari Shuttle Craft
Type: Multi-Role Transport
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 23-25 meters
Cost: Not Available for Sale
Skill:
Crew: 4
Crew Skill:
Undefined
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 30 metric tons
Consumables: 1 month
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x3
Nav Computer: MC130 (+2 Astrogation)
Maneuverability: 2D
Speed: 5D
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
Sorry can't find the notes for this part
Weapons:
Fire Linked Twin Blaster Cannons
Fire Arc: Turreted, usually Dorsally Mounted
Crew: 1
Skill: Starfighter Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Damage: 5D
Note: When an Calamari Shuttlecraft is docked in a recessed socket aboard an MC-Series cruiser, its systems are interfaced with those of the cruiser. All of its weapons are added to the cruiser's weapons, and can be fire-linked normally.
Additional Equipment
Bacta Tank, Two Medical Beds, Containment Field
Capsule:
Mon-Calamari space craft were designed with a large number of Docking ports across their surface, recessed and exposed, for smaller craft of varying size. One such craft that has come into usage is the Mon-Calamari Shuttles. The majority of these shuttles are intended for inter-fleet and inter-planet transport missions, as well as for purposes such as carrying important messages, cargo, personnel, and assets rapidly between task forces, ships, and bases. As a result of their speed and range, these shuttles are most commonly used for important courier missions, or emergency evacuation of high ranking personnel. A shuttle may be issued or authorized for the use of high ranking personnel or for important missions.
When docked with a larger vessel, these shuttles almost blend in with the other surface sensor, weapons, and shield blisters. When docked, they can add their own weaponry to the defense of the cruiser, acting as anti-fighter defense systems. It is unknown exactly how many of these smaller shuttles can be docked with larger Mon Calamari vessels at any given time.

A more combat oriented version of the shuttle also exists, for use as an assault and boarding vessel.
Craft: Mon Calamari Shuttle Craft
Type: Multi-Role Transport
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 23-25 meters
Cost: Not Available for Sale
Skill:
Crew: 4
Crew Skill:
Undefined
Passengers: 12
Cargo Capacity: 20 metric tons
Consumables: 1 month
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x3
Nav Computer: MC130 (+2 Astrogation)
Maneuverability: 1D+2
Speed: 3D
Hull: 5D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Sorry can't find the notes for this part
Should have slightly better sensors than the Medical/Courier version
Weapons:
Fire Arc: Turreted, usually Ventrally Mounted
Note: When an Calamari Shuttlecraft is docked in a recessed socket aboard an MC-Series cruiser, its systems are interfaced with those of the cruiser. All of its weapons are added to the cruiser's weapons, and can be fire-linked normally.

The first version of this craft appeared in a campaign and was introduced along with a new Character. One of the players Bounty Hunter characters was killed while dogfighting Tie Fighters with a Jet Pack... he opted to try a new template I created that was a Mon Calamari Rebel Operative (back around 1994ish). It fit with the current plot of the campaign very well as the players were on a special mission to fight a bio-plague ravaging Rebel Loyal worlds. Admiral Ackbar assigned the Mon Calamari operative as the teams liaison and gave them use of the shuttle to track down leads. I just kind of whipped up stats on the fly based on what I knew would be purposeful to advancing the plot while giving the players a more unique vessel to use than a typical Stock Light Freighter. There are gaps in the stats.

I forgot how/when I introduced the second version of the craft.

Also, while I had a clear visual of what I wanted it to look like in my head, I do not believe I ever committed it to paper (at least I can't find anything).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Between these and the original stats, an MC80 cruiser can carry a full complement of support craft without losing any starfighter capacity.

I'm curious why the combat variant has duplicate stats for the blaster cannon, though. I would think a plasma torch boarding device would be better...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:

I'm curious why the combat variant has duplicate stats for the blaster cannon, though. I would think a plasma torch boarding device would be better...

Two separate turrets, one top, one bottom (or on some versions I described side mounted turrets...just for variety). Each turret operates and fires under a separate gunner.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. I got confused because the traditional method of statting dual weapons would be to use the same stat with the notation that there are two of them.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mon Calamari MCB-Type Integrated Landing Barge Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

Weapons:
Fire Arc: Turreted, usually Ventrally Mounted

crmcneill wrote:
I'm curious why the combat variant has duplicate stats for the blaster cannon, though.

8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mon Calamari MCB-Type Integrated Landing Barge Reply with quote

Sigh...

By which I meant that a more traditional weapon stat would read:

Quote:
Weapons:
2 Twin Blaster Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Fire Arc: Turret (1 top, 1 bottom)

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how I have equipped the Mon Cal cruisers with dual laser cannon for anti-starfighter defense, I would probably change the blaster cannon on the shuttles to dual laser cannon, basically making them the same type as the ones on the cruiser itself, and thus easier to justify the shuttle's cannon's integration into the larger defense grid.

KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always listed separate weapons systems in separate blocks, force of habit.

As I said with the shuttles, I mostly just through the first together to serve my campaign needs, and only really roughed out the notes I needed and the stats I need at the time. I think I had the detachable/modular idea as one of the magazines I had collected at the time did a huge Star Wars 3-issue mechanichals run, with blueprints, unused artwork, etc... and it mentioned or showed that some of the blisters on the Mon Cal Cruisers were smaller ships - and I wanted to use that. Can't remember the magazine name though.

If you wanted to rename the weapons to fit better for your uses, feel free.

Also, not mentioned in those stats, on the non-combat version, one of the crew is assumed to be the med-tech operating the medical gear.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might that have been Starlog's Star Wars Technical Journals? They did a three-part series, devoting one issue each to Tatooine, the Empire and the Alliance.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I think I had the detachable/modular idea as one of the magazines I had collected at the time did a huge Star Wars 3-issue mechanichals run, with blueprints, unused artwork, etc... and it mentioned or showed that some of the blisters on the Mon Cal Cruisers were smaller ships - and I wanted to use that. Can't remember the magazine name though.
crmcneill wrote:
Might that have been Starlog's Star Wars Technical Journals? They did a three-part series, devoting one issue each to Tatooine, the Empire and the Alliance.

Yeah, I had those three issues, then I found a compilation of all three issues in one hardback book, so I bought that and sold the individual issues. I'll have to get that out and look at it now.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:

It may have been. I would have to check the publication date against the game timeline to see if they were even out at the time. I would also need to see if the bit about the modular nature of Mon Cal ships was in there. I do have those though, so it seems like it is possible.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled out the Starlog Rebel Alliance Technical Journal and read the section on Mon Cal cruisers, and there was no mention of the hull bulges being smaller ships. So unless I missed it in passing, you're talking about something else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: