The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi medic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Jedi medic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Jedi medic Reply with quote

Name: Joel
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 1.6m

Dexterity 2D
Knowledge 2D
-Alien species: 3D
-Scholar(Jedi): 3D
Mechanical 2D
Perception 3D
-Persuasion: 4D
Strength 2D
Technical 4D
-Lightsaber Repair: 5D
-First aid: 5D
-Medicine (A): 2D

Move: 10

Force points: 2
Dark side points: 0
Character points: 5
Force sensitive: yes
Sense: 1D
Magnify senses
Control: 1D
Concentration
Telekinesis

Joel started life wanting to help people. He felt a connection to living things around him, he didn't care as much for the lifeless devices that his peers seemed to like. He decided to become a doctor. While in school he started to study other races so he could use his skills to heal on them also. While he was working as an intern at a hospital by the space dock he encountered an individual that had been wounded. That person gave him a cube, "keep it safe, don't let them find it". He brought it home with him. Much to his surprise it started talking to him, teaching him about Jedi and the force. It had started to teach him about lightsaber construction so he could build one, and start learning how to use one. When the cube told him to flee, "leave me behind, flee from here, I will distract them". Joel is now looking for a ship to get away from the station.

****yes i know that the text is almost the same as Sluissi char, I liked the char idea but needed to change the race.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you just min-maxed it to your idea of a medic. As low as possible in everything not medic related.

I know we have discussed the RAW in relation to (A) skills, but i still feel that even if the RAW is silent on whether someone can start with one, i am much more comfortable if they DO have one, that
A) they start with some level of debt to show their schooling, and
B) they are much older than a normal starting character.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAW pg. 29 R&E

If You meet the requirements you may put one or two of your beginning dice in an advanced skill.

Debt would work for me.
Look at the min/max situation for a human it takes a good chunk of your starting attributes and skills. That gives it a high cost anyways.

This char concept required min/max to work with the cost of Jedi and doctor, the char is about life taking a sharp left.

Yet another edit. The young Jedi template has the same attribute as this char just different attributes.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you mention that the holocron started to teach this character how to use a lightsaber, yet the sheet doesn't even have that skill listed.

I'd be comfortable with this character under two conditions. Either it's an NPC, in which case you can have it at any level you desire, and backstory explains how he came by his skill set, or it's a PC, but is a character being brought into a party of advanced characters, and the character should have the age, and debt to back up the character sheet. Also, this character has been receiving teaching from a holocron; he should, therefore, have Force skills as well. After all, there's no real reason for an individual to be taught by a holocron to use a lightsaber unless they are Force-sensitive, and receive training in how to use the Force properly.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
RAW pg. 29 R&E

If You meet the requirements you may put one or two of your beginning dice in an advanced skill.

I know it says that, but i feel (A) skills should be something acquired IN game, not started with.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Also, you mention that the holocron started to teach this character how to use a lightsaber, yet the sheet doesn't even have that skill listed.

I'd be comfortable with this character under two conditions. Either it's an NPC, in which case you can have it at any level you desire, and backstory explains how he came by his skill set, or it's a PC, but is a character being brought into a party of advanced characters, and the character should have the age, and debt to back up the character sheet. Also, this character has been receiving teaching from a holocron; he should, therefore, have Force skills as well. After all, there's no real reason for an individual to be taught by a holocron to use a lightsaber unless they are Force-sensitive, and receive training in how to use the Force properly.

Was teaching him to build a so then could teach him how to use it. The char is force sensitive with skills.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Savar wrote:
RAW pg. 29 R&E

I know it says that, but i feel (A) skills should be something acquired IN game, not started with.

I pointed that out because it looked like you had said the RAW was silent, it was explicit. Now as a GM that ruling is fine.

Another option would be to have the char(human) like 30+ years of age. Just like a char starting with a ship is crazy, BUT it is a core part of a lot of story's and gives plot hooks.
Gadora
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Savar wrote:
RAW pg. 29 R&E

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that way?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
Jedi Skyler wrote:

Was teaching him to build a so then could teach him how to use it. The char is force sensitive with skills.

Ah. I missed the Force skills. They kinda blended into the rest of the sheet.

So, am I understanding correctly that this character would be starting his adventuring with the knowledge to build a lightsaber, but not having one, and would basically go on a quest to find the parts to build it?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That yes, also maybe try to find who was after the Holocron, after the lightsaber is built.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gadora wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Savar wrote:
RAW pg. 29 R&E

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that way?

Similar to why i am reluctant to allow force users to have masters or holocrons starting out. Those things should be earned, and should be rare.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Similar to why i am reluctant to allow force users to have masters or holocrons starting out. Those things should be earned, and should be rare.

And i agree. That is why the story was he had to leave it behind, and is hunted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: