The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Abduction of the Crying Dawn Singer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Abduction of the Crying Dawn Singer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Abduction of the Crying Dawn Singer Reply with quote

(Apologies if this thread is redundant to something. I know that I love discussing the different modules, and how they play out for each person; my ideal set up would be a stickied thread for each individual adventure module in the original run at the start of the Adventures page. Wink Since I saw these for a few adventures like Isis and Starfall, I thought I'd make this one.)

This was a pleasant surprise for me; somehow, in all my WEG research, this was the one module I'd never heard of. There are still a few I've never read through (Crisis on Cloud City, Black Ice, Lianna, Planet of the Mists), but I always knew they were out there. this one, I simply found on the rack at a half-price books... a delightful surprise for someone that thought his days of finding new WEG adventures were over! It's now become a favorite adventure, too... unique among the different modules in tone and goal.

A few random observations:
The ambush in the forest platforms is TOUGH. One of my PCs lost an arm there, resulting in a permanent prosthetic. A great action scene!

The bloated, dead fat human in the gold jumpsuit has become legendary as dark humor and creepy, macabre mood setting in my group- especially since one of them decided to poke it with a stick, and the taut jumpsuit tore open, exposing *everything*...

Likewise, the droid/conman setup is legendary, and a source of fury for my wife whenever it's brought up- her Shistavanen has vowed to kill both droid if their paths ever cross again.

Lastly, I really liked the Worthless Fool and its pilot (Maytoc, I think?) and incorporated them into several adventures. In my head, Maytoc is the older brother of the vanished Noa Briqualon, from the Battle for Endor. After their father squandered the family fortune on the search, Maytoc stuck with the old family ship wherever it went... convinced that the ship that had carried them through so much would one day bring his missing brother home.

Hard core OT, all the way!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the few modules I've purchased, and I do plan to run it someday for my group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: