The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kashyyyk Info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Kashyyyk Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dontheox
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Kashyyyk Info Reply with quote

Hello All!

I am new here and this is my first post!

As the title of my post suggests, I am looking for info on the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk. I have only found a few paragraphs, in one source-book that I cannot recall at the moment. If any of you have suggestions where I could find some info on the planet I will be most grateful!

Thank You!

Don
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kashyyyk was often considered a death world, in the sense that its layered world-jungle was incredibly dangerous, home to the incredibly dangerous Katarn, for instance.

Actually, you should find that there's a lot of information here, including links to sources.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, dontheox!

If you scroll to the bottom of that Wookieepedia page, you should be able to track down even more info if you find one of the 'Sources' that it lists.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help you. I made some notes for an adventure I am currently running which required some additional knowledge about the Kachyyyk system. Hope it helps.

Kashyyyk System
Kashyyyk
-- Taakarroo (1 moon)
-- Kallalarra (3 moons)
-- Kashyyyk (3 moons; 2 main colonized)
---- Colonized Moon
---- Colonized Moon
-- Gryyyl Asteroid Belt
-- Trandosha (2 moons)
---- Akoshissss
---- Wasskah
-- Alaris (8 moons)
---- Alaris Prime
-- Shurr (14 moons)
-- Kuhurrik (25 moons)

Akoshissss: The barren moon of Trandosha.
Wasskah: Moon was colonized by the Trandoshans.
Alaris Prime: Covered generally in forests, jungles, and grass plains. There were many wroshyr trees on the world, with the Wookiees inventing various theories as to how the tree traveled over from Kashyyyk. Upon discovery of the untouched world, the Wookiees of Kashyyyk colonized the moon. The Wookiee colonists chose to join the Galactic Republic. Alaris Prime eventually became a significant technology hub. As the Separatist Crisis stewed, Kashyyyk's loyalty wavered, but Alaris Prime remained loyal to the Republic. Wookiee engineers on the colony designed and produced the Decimator weapon system to aid the Republic in its ground battles. When the Clone Wars erupted, the engineers' efforts made their home an early target. A month after the First Battle of Geonosis, Alaris Prime came under siege. Wookiee warriors initiated a holding maneuver until Republic reinforcements could arrive and defeat the Confederacy forces, leading into the battle of Alaris Prime. The moon had ancient Jedi ruins, but was long forgotten.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
dontheox
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys so much!!

I am planning on rewriting the script for Return of the Jedi, or to be very honest follow the original script where the rebels fought the Empire on Kashyyk, to free the Wookiee slaves and have a revolt, while in orbit the rebel fleet attacks the Imperial fleet trying to destroy the massive shipyard and stealing Imperial Destroyers.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of a fun twist on Return of the Jedi. Kashyyyk would have been a much cooler choice than Endor (actually, I have no issues with Endor; let me amend that - it would have been way cooler to have Wookiees instead of Ewoks!) 8)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontheox wrote:
Thank you guys so much!!

I am planning on rewriting the script for Return of the Jedi, or to be very honest follow the original script where the rebels fought the Empire on Kashyyk, to free the Wookiee slaves and have a revolt, while in orbit the rebel fleet attacks the Imperial fleet trying to destroy the massive shipyard and stealing Imperial Destroyers.

You may find this thread to be helpful.

shootingwomprats wrote:
I made some notes for an adventure I am currently running which required some additional knowledge about the Kachyyyk system. Hope it helps.

Kashyyyk System

-- Taakarroo (1 moon)
-- Kallalarra (3 moons)
-- Kashyyyk (3 moons; 2 main colonized)
---- Colonized Moon
---- Colonized Moon
-- Gryyyl Asteroid Belt
-- Trandosha (2 moons)
---- Akoshissss
---- Wasskah
-- Alaris (8 moons)
---- Alaris Prime
-- Shurr (14 moons)
-- Kuhurrik (25 moons)

Two habitable terrestrial planets and in between them an asteroid field in a stable solar orbit? Wookieepedia doesn't have any details about the system's star, but that system has a very wide goldilock zone. If a system has two habitable planets they are most likely going to be in consecutive orbits with the inner one being very hot and outer one being very cold. Reptiles wouldn't likely thrive on a very cold planet.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: