The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Holiday gifts - What did you get/give?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Reply with quote

I've had a wonderful Christmas with my family, and I hope you all have had a joyous day. Right now my wife is getting up from her nap, and my son is playing a Spider-Man game with his first video game system that Santa brought him.

Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Star-Wars-related (or non-Star Wars gifts if you want to share that).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Reply with quote

My wife surprised me by getting me the entire contents of my Wish List, which included these Star Wars books:

Edge of the Empire: Far Horizons
Age of Rebellion: Onslaught at Arda I
The Making of The Empire Strikes Back
The Making of Return of the Jedi

After shelling out the big bucks for The Making of Star Wars hardback when it first came out (with additional content the paperback didn't have), I was hoping to save money on the books for other two movies by getting them on paperback. After years of them still not publishing a paperback version of even the TESB book, I contacted Star Wars Books about it this year and they replied they have no plans of releasing paperback versions of those two books. At least these hardbacks will match the first of the three books already on my Star Was bookcase. "I have you now."

And Santa left two Rebel Pilot action figures in my stocking for my action figure display on top of my bookshelves.

Santa brought my son action figures of Kanan, Ezra, Chopper, Hera, Zeb, a stormtrooper, Agent Kallus and the Inquisitor, and R4-P17 (my son specifically asked Santa for all of these figures at the mall). Santa also brought my son The Phantom, and a SW Rebels young reader book was left in his stocking. My wife and I gave my son Rebels pajamas.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my two point five year old son the Star Wars Rebels visual guide. Great book.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
I got my two point five year old son the Star Wars Rebels visual guide. Great book.

Nice. I like the other guides like that. My son and I will look at that book in the store sometime and if he likes it, then I may get that for him in next year.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1977 my gifts were pretty much all Star Wars.

This year, the main things on my Christmas list were for The One Ring, and my wife got me all four, really nice books for that (all nice, expensive hardbacks, each shipped from the U.K.).

So I had an awesome Christmas, and it's nice to hear that others had a good one as well! Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I've been given a very generous gift card, and I think I'm going to pick those up off of Amazon.

I'm guessing that they haven't come out with Fly Casual or Stay on Target yet since I can't find those anywhere.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Whill wrote:

I've been given a very generous gift card, and I think I'm going to pick those up off of Amazon.

I'm guessing that they haven't come out with Fly Casual or Stay on Target yet since I can't find those anywhere.

AoR: Stay on Target just came out and is available on Amazon, although only from a couple sellers so far. Considering the options available on Amazon right now, I'll be able to get it cheaper at my FLGS when they get it ($26.99). I could only find that EotE: Fly Casual should become available sometime in First Quarter 2015.

I just discovered this: EotE: Lords of Nal Hutta that is expected to come out by the end of January. A Hutt Space sourcebook could be cool too. I may use my Amazon gift card towards these books.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah the $6 off and $12 shipping doesn't really put us in a better position than an FLGS. Granted, it's probably somebody's FLGS with a storefront on the Amazon marketplace. Though for $12, I hope they get you the book the day before you order it.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Heh, yeah the $6 off and $12 shipping doesn't really put us in a better position than an FLGS. Granted, it's probably somebody's FLGS with a storefront on the Amazon marketplace. Though for $12, I hope they get you the book the day before you order it.

Right. On top of no shipping, my local FLGS is also a comic shop and they give me 10% off everything in the store (games or comics or whatever) just for me having them pull and reserve one monthly comic book series for me. I imagine that AoR: Stay on Target will become more readily available with some better prices on Amazon within a few months.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Holiday gifts - What did you get/give? Reply with quote

This playmat for Magic: the Gathering from Grand Prix NJ 2014. It was $70; compare that to the $8.99 ones at the LGS (local gaming store):

From this card:

Last edited by Error on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Christmas 2016 Reply with quote

Quote:
Holiday gifts - What did you get/give?

I was fortunate enough to receive Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, The Art of Rogue One and the FFG Age of Rebellion RPG Core Rulebook.

Santa brought my son an Xbox One with Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens (and Minecraft), and a Lego Star Wars DVD. My son also got a few Rogue One action figures.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just clothing for me and my mom..
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got four Rogue One shirts, a pair of Star Wars slippers, and this watch: http://www.nixon.com/us/en/medium-time-teller-sw/A1130SW.html?dwvar_A1130SW_color=2607#start=1

The watch is too small for me, though, so I'm hopefully swapping it out.

I almost forgot - I gave my girlfriend a Scarif-themed scarf. The design is neat - Imperial cogs and palm trees and AT-ATs. And if you look at the wrong side of the fabric, it says TA-TAs instead.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got this. Yes, that is sasquatch, wearing a sombrero and riding the Loch Ness monster.

Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
I got four Rogue One shirts

Nice! Last year my theater had a table selling TFA shirts and other stuff on opening weekend, but this year the local comic shop had a table set-up instead, with no t-shirts. I saw some cool RO t-shirts at my local grocery store, but they didn't have any XL. I'd love to get a cool RO t-shirt but then again, like I need another Star Wars t-shirt.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: