The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Wild Space Magazine Looking for Art Submissions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork -> Wild Space Magazine Looking for Art Submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Wild Space Magazine Looking for Art Submissions Reply with quote

Hey there guys. Trying to get things in place for the second issue of Wild Space Magazine (WSM). We are always looking for article submissions. Which can be anything from fiction, character write-ups, a serial article, etc.

Something I am seeing rather quickly that we are in need of is art. Sure we can snag art all day long from other peoples sites or Google Images but it feels sorta wrong. I am sure the majority would have no problem allowing us to use their art as long as we can cite them for the credit that they so richly deserve. Sometimes this is not possible because of a lack of information about the image.

Then we have the issue that we cannot find an image we want for the article or we would like to see some character art or a special scene. You can see where I am going with this.

So I am asking those out there with artistic skills who would like a little recognition and want to share their art or wouldn't mind doing some stuff based on need to let us know.

I will tell you right now there is no pay in this. Starving artist you will remain. On the up side we are not looking for highly detailed art. Heck it can be line-art or whatnot. Just so long as it fits the need.

If this sounds of interest to you please contact either me or Daniel.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I understand its the holidays, but no response? Not a suggestion? Nada? I am feeling ignored. I think I will set fire to something. Where are those hamsters?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't as many artists on the boards anymore, and so this is one of the fewest read forums. Especially with it being located so low on the list, it just doesn't generate a lot of traffic ESPECIALLY because over the years it was more requests and fewer and fewer people with the ability to respond to those requests.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you're looking for SW RPG art, take a look at Star Wars Artists Guild ( http://www.swagonline.com/ ).

They have some pre-made art that you can request to use as part of your gaming needs. They're usually very kind about granting permission.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a drawing tablet this season. I haven't had time to work with it much, but when I do I'll be more than happy to share my crappy art.

I mean, drafting masterpieces. *snort*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: