The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TPM 25 Years!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TPM 25 Years!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject: TPM 25 Years! Reply with quote

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-phantom-menace-25th-anniversary

Not completely unsurprisingly, The Phantom Menace is returning to the theater in May for its 25th anniversary.

Even though I was in my 20s, I remember how excited I was for the first new Star Wars movie since the CT in my childhood. Since the RPG. A long 16 year wait. Expectations were built up high.

The film didn't just live up to my expectations. It surpassed them. Epic action adventure. Submarines and sea monsters. A Ben Hur chariot race SW-style. The twins' mother. Young Obi-Wan's Jedi trial and Master. The beginning of Vader's fall to the Dark Side and the rise of the Emperor. A masterfully designed 4-stage final battle sequence. A superlative John Williams musical score.

The first time I watched it, I was so caught up in the wonder of it all that it didn't even occur to me that Darth Sidious was Palpatine until the camera panned to Palpatine at Qui-Gon's funeral. The phantom menace! The Sith return, insidiously! Genius!

TPM made me feel like a little kid again. And in my early 50s, it still does. Haters gonna hate, but I deeply love this film. I'm so happy that my son will finally get to see it in the theater, and I get to take him.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find it a great movie as well. I think we're outliers within the larger community, but I still think it's a lot of fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: