The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars VII: TFA (Principal photography is completed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars VII: TFA (Principal photography is completed) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where as for me, cause of the richer history in the 3 shows over the movie, i much prefer the show to the movie.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I do actually get a lot of the PT criticism I hear (just not the extreme intensity of it), but I just can't wrap my brain around the view of the prequel-haters that love The Clone Wars. Huh? I think TCW takes a huge steaming dump on the entire film saga, including the classic films. I've actually read people say that TCW is more in line with the OT, and TCW is what the prequel films should have been. What the what? I'm baffled by that, but oh well. The Star Wars fandom Venn diagrams are complex indeed.

I will say this, I'm kind of an OT guy in terms of picking my favorites, but I do like TCW more than I like the PT. Granted, that doesn't have anything to do with continuity (which, let's be honest, Lucas had a problem with from the beginning). It had more to do with pacing, timing, and usually interesting serial adventures.

I saw TCW movie when it came out, and kind of said, "Yeeeeah, I don't need to see that TV series." But, years later, when my kids were looking for something for us to watch together, TCW seemed to be a reasonable choice. I had low expectations based on my unenthused response to the theatrical release. But it started off well, it had good voice acting, and the episodes were entertaining.

Granted, when I see episodes that make me think, "That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense... there's a trans-dimentional space ship out there with an incarnate manifestation of the ontological grounds of the light side and dark side of the Force?" I can just shrug and say, "Meh, it's a cartoon." For reasons I'm not sure I entirely understand myself, I think I would be far less forgiving if that was on the big screen.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that. Your kids are a little older than mine, so Rebels is to us what TCW was to your family. Rebels has its issues from an adult perspective, but I voice none of that with my son who thoroughly enjoys Star Wars time with Daddy. I find Rebels to not be fundamentally contradictory to the films and thus superior to TCW, so I see no harm to my son's future film experiences by watching Rebels now. My son may very well love TCW when he is older and I am ok with that (I even already have an unopened DVD of the theatrical release to give him in the future), but I will do everything in my power to prevent him from seeing much of TCW until after he sees the entire PT and OT. But Rebels meets the bare minimum of my continuity standards now, so judging it as a kid's show it's pretty good.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, The 22nd Annual Audie Awards (for audiobooks) named the audiobook for the novelization of Star Wars The Force Awakens as the 2017 Best in Science Fiction.

I haven't listened to that one, but I am quite taken with the audiobook production of Rogue One. It's one of the best audiobooks I've ever heard.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I may listen to the TFA audiobook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: