The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

REUP Errata Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> REUP Errata Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
My hit location chart is like this:

1 Right Arm
2 Left Arm
3-4 Right Leg
5-6 Left Leg
7-11 Body
12 Head
At least it works for me.

This table might get stolen
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC something like that was in the 2E, but never made it into the R&E.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really errata anyway, I understand that the rule is arguably "suspect", but not erroneous.

In the rules defense it has a big CP cost, with a good chance that you will loose a lot of CPs if you don't get a good roll. I agree it could lead to real "derailing" campaign trouble, but the GM can also slap DSPs if the player is pushing it,
Tem_Starrunner
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture for the Ghest on pg. 325 is actually a Kwazel Maw.

The IT-0 Interrogator droid (pg. 375) needs to be moved to first-degree droids (Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition pg. 165)

That's what I've spotted so far. I'll have to look it over some more to see if anything stands out.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tem_Starrunner wrote:
The picture for the Ghest on pg. 325 is actually a Kwazel Maw.

Nice Catch... Gonna have to rip our art selection guy a new one, or better yet throw him to a Ghest!!!

Tem_Starrunner wrote:
The IT-0 Interrogator droid (pg. 375) needs to be moved to first-degree droids (Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition pg. 165)

That's what I've spotted so far. I'll have to look it over some more to see if anything stands out.

Okay, that is a very perceptive catch, In a way Im glad you brought this up (and in a way I was hoping this would fly under the radar). As a design team we had a heated debate on this issue. We actually changed the droid to be a Second Degree, because it actually fits the category better. This is a change WOTC also did regarding this particular droid. Arguably you could cram this droid into either First or Second Degree, but the key word is arguably.
After much debate, as a team we agreed in the end that the Imperial Probe Droid was better classified as a 2nd degree droid.

I don't want a big war started over the "cannon" nature of the droid, but I do want feedback. Please understand I am very aware that WEG has it listed as a "twisted" 1st degree droid, and WOTC as a 2nd degree droid. If people have a well-structured and evidence-based opinion on this matter, I would love to hear it. But please don't get off the rails on the debate. As a team we hashed through this entire issue about a year ago.

Listed below are the descriptions of First and Second Degree Droids:

• First Degree Droids: Usually utilitarian in disposition, droids of this class are programmed with the physical sciences, medical sciences, or mathematics in mind. First degree droids are usually teamed up with organic counterparts to facilitate the completion of any specific task. The 2-1B surgical droid is an example of a first degree droid.

• Second Degree Droids: This type of droid is frequently designed for functionality over aesthetics. A second degree unit’s ability is often overlooked by the uninformed, simply because of the droid’s physical appearance. The lack of advanced personality programming on many models adds to this common misconception. Second degree droids are programmed for environmental, engineering, and technical duties as well as applied sciences. Astromech droids — such as the famed R2-series — are second degree droids.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that - from that description - probe droids sound more like 2nd degree.

I would allow characters to raise Attributes if they really wanted to, within reason, but not one of my players has ever even brought this up, being as expensive as it is.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge deal (since it's a typo in the 2R&E rules as well), but in the map of the pirate camp on p. 238 there's a misspelling of Pirate Barracks (it's written as "Pirate Barrades".
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Dragonsnake entry (p. 325), the planet is spelled "Dagohah".
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curses to you REUP guys! Mad I knew you had those really cool images for the templates in the back of the book, but then I went looking through the rest of it, and it was absolutely filled with amazing artwork!

So I spent my New Year's (about five hours worth) copying and pasting pictures into Word, resizing them to make counters out of them, and then a whole lot of editing. I came away with over 80 pictures, and many of them happen to be really high-quality pictures. They might look small on the page, but they're HUGE, with beautiful detail. I was able to get all sorts of face shots of incredible aliens, humans, and droids!

So thanks, guys. It really does look amazing!
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the errata and praise, we tried to keep them at 300dpi where we could. A lot of the art selection choices were made to keep the source images as hi-res as possible.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up. We are planning to close errata collection for REUO MK ii on Jan 31. The window may remain open longer if we are delayed in our layout. But we are hoping to have MkII done by the end of Feb.

please keep posting any errata after jan 31. If we get enough we will incorporate it into a Mk III document, although we have no future plans beyon MkII for now.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.354 Fragmentation Grenade does not list damage.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice for PDF page numbers to synch up with the actual page numbers.

p. 283: Anzat, under Anzati Tracking: it reads "...and possessing of the sense Force skill...". The word "Sense" should be capitalized and the entire two words "Sense Force" should be in italics.

p. 286: Cereans, the word "Duel" is misspelled.

p. 304: Togruta, in Adventurers: Since D6 doesn't have 'classes', recommend changing that word to something like "occupations".

p. 305: Umbaran, "From deep within..." (it's written as two words, "with in")

p. 306: Umbaran, (right before 'Personality': there's a space before the period.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:

Yes, that would make this document much more user-friendly and would be greatly appreciated by the community. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:

Yes, that would make this document much more user-friendly and would be greatly appreciated by the community. Thank you.

Noted consider it done, We are also expanding the bookmarks too, they wilk include the chapter "sections" too.

Would people be interested in "links" in the .pdf. for instance if a rule refered to the Dexterity attribute, you could click the word Dexterity and it would jump to the Dexterity section of the Attributes and skills chapter.
Personally this feature frustrates me, becaue I am constantly accidentally clicking on a word, and the reader jumps to a different section, loosing my place...
thought?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: