The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects Reply with quote

For those who are unaware, fractalsponge has the rare honor of being one of the few fan artists whose work has achieved official status (specifically, the Bellator-Class Star Battlecruiser). His website includes several other projects that show amazing detail, including:

Assertor-Class Star Dreadnought

Allegiance-Class Heavy Star Destroyer

Secutor-Class Star Destroyer

Procursator-Class Light Star Destroyer

Altor-Class Fleet Support Ship

Vigil-Class Star Corvette

All-Terrain Shock Enforcer

I have emailed fractalsponge requesting hard data on his designs to make more accurate stats, but before I take a stab at writing my own, I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum has written anything up for these ships.

UPDATE: Fractalsponge has posted quite a few new projects in the years since I originally posted this, and quite a few stats have been written up to match. If you're here looking for stats for a specific Fractalsponge project, here are the post-links for all the completed stats in this thread:Links will be added as they are completed.

EDIT: For anyone looking for hard numbers on Fractalsponge ships, there is a fan-maintained spreadsheet document with details collected and collated from Fractalsponge’s own statements, which can be found here.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:11 pm; edited 9 times in total
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never heard of him, but his work is amazing!

Was this "official" status before or after the new 'canon' that they're doing?
crazydanny1
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I did. I took a stab at the Vigil since it is somewhat EU canon. Going off info I found, this is what I came up with:

Craft: Kuat Drive Yards Vigil-class Heavy Corvette
Type: Heavy Corvette
Scale: Capital
Length: 255 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Vigil Corvette
Crew: 126, gunners: 57; skeleton: 50/+10
Crew Skill: Astrogation 3D, Capital Ship Gunnery 4D+1, Capital Ship Piloting 3D+2, Capital Ship Shields 3D, Sensors 3D+1
Consumables: 18 months
Cost: Not Available for Sale
Cargo Capacity: 2500 metric tons
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x8
Nav Computer: Yes
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh
Maneuverability: 2D
Hull: 3D+2
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 40/0D
Scan: 75/1D
Search: 150/3D
Focus: 4/4D+2
Weapons:
3 Double Turbolaser Cannons
Fire Arc: Partial Turret (1 front/left/right, 1 right/front/rear, 1 left/front/rear)
Crew: 3 each
Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
'Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 600m-1.5km/3.5/7.5km
Damage: 5D
7 Double Light Turbolasers
Fire Arc: Partial Turret (3 front/left/right, 2 left/front/rear, 2 right/front/rear)
Crew: 2 each
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 300m-1.5km/3.5/7.5km
Damage: 3D
2 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 12
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-5/15/30
Atmosphere Range: 200-500m/3/6km
Damage: 4D

Compliment:
8 - TIE Interceptors
2 - TIE/RC Fighters
1 - TIE/SR Fighter
1 - TIE/FC Fighter
4 - TIE Bomber

Here's the link to my page on this ship. http://bloodandhonor.wikia.com/wiki/KDY_Vigil-class_Corvette

http://swbloodlines.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Bloodlines_Wiki
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I'd never heard of him, but his work is amazing!

Was this "official" status before or after the new 'canon' that they're doing?

Before. The Bellator, Secutor, Allegiance and Procursator started as background ships in the Dark Empire comic series, and the Vigil was originally from the old Marvel comics.

EDIT: I got it wrong; per Fractalsponge, the Vigil is actually his own invention. I thought the Vigil was based on this:

IMO, the resemblance is definitely there, but it looks a lot more like the Fulgor-Class.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazydanny1 wrote:
Indeed I did. I took a stab at the Vigil since it is somewhat EU canon. Going off info I found, this is what I came up with:

Belated thanks for your contribution. Looking over these stats, they seem a bit overpowered, almost in the same classification as a frigate.

Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Before. The Bellator, Secutor, Allegiance and Procursator started as background ships in the Dark Empire comic series, and the Vigil was originally from the old Marvel comics.

Oh, I didn't know that the Vigil had an older pedigree than Fractalsponge's brain. (I also never read Dark Empire.)
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this, I was just looking for a wright-up on the Vigil-class, it was going to replace the Arquitens-class light cruiser around 13BBY.

The Secutor-Class Star Destroyer gives me a nice transition SD between the Venarator and the ISD.

Sweet!
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I posted a version I came up just reading the fluff on Wookieepedia. Tell me what you think of it.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Hey I posted a version I came up just reading the fluff on Wookieepedia. Tell me what you think of it.

I like the Weapons complement better on yours, but would add a mini squadron of 8 TIEs similar to crazydanny1's wright-up.
Those bay doors popping open to disgorge TIEs was the first image that came to mind when I saw the Vigil's underside. However with an multi-purpose ship I can see that space utilized in several configurations, even as a heavy lander in much the same role as an Acclamator.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
I like the Weapons complement better on yours, but would add a mini squadron of 8 TIEs similar to crazydanny1's wright-up.
Those bay doors popping open to disgorge TIEs was the first image that came to mind when I saw the Vigil's underside. However with an multi-purpose ship I can see that space utilized in several configurations, even as a heavy lander in much the same role as an Acclamator.

Thank you. I had to re-read the capsule information because I thought it said 3 light turbolasers and 3 laser cannon, but the picture showed 5, there were two underneath. Then I re-read and it was 3 heavy turbolasers and 3 light turbolasers but still 2 short. So I had to come up with something.

Also in the description it stated is had a number of anti-starfighter weapons spread about the hull. Meaning it was starfighter scale weapons and could hit in all arcs. So I added that too.

Now as for the TIE fighter complement. I specifically did not add them. The reason was the ships purpose and size. Its only 255m long and has 200 crew and houses another possible 200 troops. On top of that its purpose is to chase pirates, scout, and as a command ship for very small fleets, probably no more than 12 ships none bigger than the corvette itself.

So anyways, that is why I did not add them. You can of course change the write-up how you like to best fit your vision and your game. Hell I encourage you to do it. Just so long as your playing or GMing SWd6. LOVE LIVE OSR SWD6!
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more idea-fodder from the amazing artwork of fractalsponge. I have way too much on my plate at the moment to stat all of these out, but perhaps some of you may be inspired...

CAPITAL SHIPS:
STARFIGHTERS & SPACE TRANSPORTS:
GROUND VEHICLES:

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consolidator-Class Heavy Troop Transport

Images

The Consolidator-Class is the Empire's premiere heavy troop transport. Built by Kuat Drive Yards' Evakmar subsidiary, the Consolidator was designed to meet a post-Clone Wars requirement for a corps-level troop transport. During the Clone Wars, the Grand Army of the Republic rarely saw the need for transports larger than the legion-capacity Acclamator-Class, but the massive expansion of the Imperial Army required a massive expansion in the Navy's transport capacity.

The Consolidator is built around its gargantuan barracks, hangars and storage bays. While internal accommodations are utilitarian, it easily capable of transporting any two of the Imperial Army's current combat corps, with plenty of room to spare. In fact, the Consolidator was intended from the outset to accommodate expanding unit size, as the Imperial Army is organized to exponentially increase individual unit strength as it expands. In addition, the interior is modular, so that it can shift its troop, cargo and small craft capacity to match needs. This modularity allows the Navy's Technical Service units to make use of Consolidators as well, configuring them as mobile repair bases for deep space repairs and battlefield recovery.

For all of the Consolidator's prodigious carrying capacity, it would be useless without the ability to deploy its troops to a planet's surface or load them aboard. As such, the Consolidator features dozens of launch bays of all sizes, most contained within a deep, well-protected trench between the ship's command towers. In addition, the Consolidator is also rough-field capable, using repulsorlifts and massive landing struts to actually "land" on a planet's surface and deploy troops directly, rather than relying on its massive landing barges. It's important to note that the ship is not actually able to rest its full, unsupported weight on its landing struts; rather, the Consolidator's repulsorlifts support the majority of the weight, while a fraction rests on the landing struts, thus providing stability while deploying troops.

As a subsidiary of KDY, Evakmar used many of the standardized components found in KDY's Imperator-Class Star Destroyer, including the main engines, in construction of the Consolidator. This eases many logistical headaches, with the simplification of supply lines and maintenance training.

While the Consolidator is well-armored and shielded, and equipped with a decent defensive armament, it is not a warship, and will almost never be encountered in a star system unless that system has first been secured by Imperial Navy Superiority units.

Craft: Evakmar-KDY's Consolidator-Class
Affiliation: Empire
Era: Rebellion
Source: Imperial Sourcebook (Mentioned only), fractalsponge (Original Art), CRMcNeill (Stats)
Type: Heavy Troop Transport
Scale: Destroyer (+12D)
Length: 1,850 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Consolidator-Class
Crew: 12,163 (2,400 @ +20) & 290 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 3D
Gunnery 3D+2
Piloting 4D+2
Shields 3D+2
Sensors 3D
Passengers: 180,000 (troops; generally 2 Reinforced Imperial Army Corps, or 1 Fully Reinforced Corps)
Small Craft Complement:
--80 Starfighters (2 Imperial Army Ground Support Wings)
--24 Heavy Landing Barges
--48 Sentinel-Class Landing Craft (24 Shuttle, 24 Loader)
--Various Additional Utility Craft
Cargo Capacity: 1,000,000 metric tons.
Consumables: 1 year
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: x16
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 0D
Space: 4 (2D)
Atmosphere: 480; 800 kph
Hull: 5D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive 30/1D
Scan 60/2D
Search 90/3D
Focus 4/4D
Weapons:
3 Heavy Turbolaser Cannon
Fire Arc: 1 Front/Left/Right, 1 Front/Left/Rear, 1 Front/Right/Rear*
*Can only fire in one arc per round, and require one round to shift to an adjoining arc.
Crew: 5
Fire Control: 1D
Range:
--Space: 3-15/35/75
--Orbital: 6km-30km/70km/150km
--Atmosphere: 300m-1.5km/3.5km/7.5km
Rate of Fire: 1/2
Damage: 7D
44 Dual Turbolaser Cannon
Fire Arc: 10 Front, 12 Left, 12 Right, 10 Rear
Scale: Frigate (+10D)
Crew: 2
Range:
--Space: 2-10/25/50
--Orbital: 4km-20km/50km/100km
--Atmosphere: 200m-1km/2.5km/5km
Rate of Fire: 1
40 Laser Batteries
Fire Arc: 10 Front, 10 Left, 10 Right, 10 Rear
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 7D
20 Missile Launchers (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 5 Front, 5 Left, 5 Right, 5 Rear
Scale: Frigate (+10D)
Range:
--Space: 1-8/20/40
--Orbital: 2km-16km/20km/80km
--Atmosphere: 100m-800m/2km/4km
Rate of Fire: 1/2
Damage: 8D
10 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fire Arc: 4 Front, 3 Left, 3 Right
Scale: Special*
Crew: 4
Fire Control: 4D
Range:
--Space: 1-5/15/30
--Orbital: 2km-10km/30km/60km
--Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1.5km/3km
Rate of Fire: 1 (Full Round)
*May switch between Destroyer (+12D), Frigate (+10D) and Starship (+6D). Switch takes one round, during which the projector can not be used.

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +16
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 1D Flight
    BATTERY DICE:
      Heavy Turbolaser Cannon: 1D Front, 0D+2 Left, 0D+2 Right, 0D+2 Rear
      Dual Turbolaser Cannon: 3D Front, 3D+1 Left, 3D+1 Right, 3D Front
      Laser Batteries: 3D Front, 3D Left, 3D Right, 3D Rear
      Missile Launchers: 2D+1 Front, 2D+1 Left, 2D+1 Right, 2D+1 Rear
      Tractor Beam Projectors: 2D Front, 1D+2 Left, 1D+2 Right

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 pm; edited 15 times in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if Theta-class and/or Titan-class AT-AT carriers would be included under the Landing Barges stat. At a length of 2,200 meters, I'd think the circumstances are good that the Consolidator is certainly large enough to carry Titan landing barges, or at least designed to carry them despite the Imperial Star Destroyers not having a hangar large enough to accommodate Titans even though they are 1,600 meters long. I know, I know, a ship's length is no indicator as to whether it can carry certain types of smaller ships. And IIRC, the Theta was specifically designed (both in-universe and out) to carry individual AT-ATs for the ImpStar since the Titan, designed to ferry 4 AT-ATs and 4 AT-STs, was too large to fit inside the ImpStar's hangar and the people who designed the Titan to answer the question of how the Empire ferried AT-ATs from ImpStars didn't realize that the Titanwas too large for the ImpStar's hangar.

Basically, the small change I made to my personal version of the Consolidator was to change the "24 Heavy Landing Barges" to specifically "8 Titan-class Landing Barges and 16 Theta-class Landing Barges." But that's just me, because I happen to like the Titan specifically.

Last edited by Sutehp on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I'm wondering if Theta-class and/or Titan-class AT-AT carriers would be included under the Landing Barges stat. At a length of 2,200 meters, I'd think the circumstances are good that the Consolidator is certainly large enough to carry Titan landing barges, or at least designed to carry them despite the Imperial Star Destroyers not having a hangar large enough to accommodate Titans even though they are 1,600 meters long. I know, I know, a ship's length is no indicator as to whether it can carry certain types of smaller ships. And IIRC, the Theta was specifically designed (both in-universe and out) to carry individual AT-ATs for the ImpStar since the Titan, designed to ferry 4 AT-ATs and 2 AT-STs, was too large to fit inside the ImpStar's hangar.

I was deliberately non-specific, seeing as the problems of scale weren't really considered by Lucasfilm's ship design teams. I don't even really need the Theta, since A) the Theta is now the designation for Palpy's VIP Shuttle in ROTS, and B) my version of the Sentinel-Class Loader can carry an AT-AT externally. Since we're co-opting mythology terms for landing barges, maybe the Atlas-Class would be more appropriate.

With that in mind, I'd say Titans are the province of Executors, Bellators (which I intend to stat, but have yet to) and Consolidators, while Atlases are deployed aboard ISDs, Victorys and Venators.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
I'm wondering if Theta-class and/or Titan-class AT-AT carriers would be included under the Landing Barges stat. At a length of 2,200 meters, I'd think the circumstances are good that the Consolidator is certainly large enough to carry Titan landing barges, or at least designed to carry them despite the Imperial Star Destroyers not having a hangar large enough to accommodate Titans even though they are 1,600 meters long. I know, I know, a ship's length is no indicator as to whether it can carry certain types of smaller ships. And IIRC, the Theta was specifically designed (both in-universe and out) to carry individual AT-ATs for the ImpStar since the Titan, designed to ferry 4 AT-ATs and 2 AT-STs, was too large to fit inside the ImpStar's hangar.

I was deliberately non-specific, seeing as the problems of scale weren't really considered by Lucasfilm's ship design teams. I don't even really need the Theta, since A) the Theta is now the designation for Palpy's VIP Shuttle in ROTS, and B) my version of the Sentinel-Class Loader can carry an AT-AT externally. Since we're co-opting mythology terms for landing barges, maybe the Atlas-Class would be more appropriate.

With that in mind, I'd say Titans are the province of Executors, Bellators (which I intend to stat, but have yet to) and Consolidators, while Atlases are deployed abroad ISDs, Victorys and Venators.

Ok, I can go with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: