The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

NEW Adventure - Asylum by Daniel Stull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> NEW Adventure - Asylum by Daniel Stull
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: NEW Adventure - Asylum by Daniel Stull Reply with quote

Posting on behalf of Daniel Stull, here's the latest revision of his new Adventure "Asylum":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hbaKpCdGGkSC1WTWt3bXRQbDg/edit?usp=sharing

T.C.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks awesome, and you guys did an excellent job!

You're right that The X-Files music is super spooky and suspenseful, but it would feel strange for me to play it during a SW session, and I wonder what my players would think. TXF is the only franchise I love more than SW, and I've actually got more music for it, too. I'm used to putting in my SW discs when we play the RPG, though I use TXF ones sometimes for other games. I guess it could really help reinforce the creepy and suspenseful vibe you're shooting for with this.

Overall it looks like quite the 'change of pace'. Well done, all!
Klartok
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really digging this adventure and plan on using it this weekend. I've just got one issue. Maybe I'm missing something but the map in the pdf doesn't seem to jive with the descriptions. Is the compass on the map in the correct orientation? Also the adventure says "The starting area marked on the
map has several different starting rooms for them." I didn't see any area on the map specifically marked as a starting area. Again I love the concept and the creep factor on this one. I think this will be a fun one.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, Klartok! Let us know how the adventure goes. Smile
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel here!

I'm sorry I missed this post. The map...well, I have a hand-drawn map, and I had no way of making it online. I asked around and that's the result I got. If you'll email me (shootingwomprats@gmail.com), and let me know who you are, I'll give you a scan of the hand-drawn map.

NOTE: It's ugly.

However, the hand-drawn map has things labeled as I wrote.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I've often incorporated horror, even Lovecraftian elements into Star Wars. Contrary to popular opinion I've found bleak and disturbing story lines to play out as some of the most memorable sessions.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh.. its a good way to annoy me as a player...... but that's mostly outa boredom... I'm so numbed to the horror genre it doesn't effect me at all most times any more.......... same sway zombies are so boring to me...... GM: 'oh.... you need to roll a fright check" Me: "really? ok *rolls* yawns.. of hes scared and this game is boring can we try another theme next time"
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt horror can fall flat if it's not done right. A poorly handled horror adventure is the worst. It's not easy to pull off and not recommended for beginner GMs. Also, I prefer sanity corrosion to fright checks. If you don't role play the fear, i.e. run like hell from the danger, then the situation is not menacing enough. When it's executed with skill, a horror game can be really cool.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and no..... you can do that I have played in game with such...... but forcing it on a player who. 1. can't role play insanity for the life of em.... and 2. is not interested in such...... it gets tedious.... if you want such.. play call of cuthulu not star wars........., not saying it not ok to do such as a interlude from things........ but sometimes mixing generes does not always work for all players like me.
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a matter of taste. I'm a fan of bending genre if the surprises are interesting. As far as horror in Star Wars, there's abundant darkness waiting to be mined for creepy stories. The Sith and untold pantheons of dark side demons offer all the monstrosity of Call of Cthulhu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: