The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ttejk Mojk (verpine) Assault slicer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Ttejk Mojk (verpine) Assault slicer Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Ttejk Mojk (verpine) Assault slicer Reply with quote

Ttejk Mojk Assault slicer

Species/Gender: Verpine/Male
Physical Description: A rarity amongst verpine, his carapace is mottled, dark green with shorter than average appendage spikes, appearing almost smooth. His antenna are shorter than normal and has large, deep violet eyes. Typically he wears a BlasTech Survivor vest under comfortable street clothing, blaster in a waist holster in the small of his back.

DEX 3D: Blaster 4D [3], Dodge 4D [3].
KNO 3D: Streetwise 4D [3], Value 3D [0], Willpower 3D+1 [1].
MEC 3D: Communications 3D [0], Repulsorlift Ops 4D [3], Sensors 3D [0], Space Transport Piloting 3D [0].
PER 4D: Con 4D [0], Hide 4D [0], Persuasion 4D [0], Search 4D [0], Sneak 4D [0].
STR 3D: Climbing/jumping 4D [3].
TEC 2D: Computer Programming/Repair 2D+1+2D [1], Droid Programming 2D+2D [0], First Aid 2D+2D [0], Security 2D+1+2D [1], (A) Slicing 1D [3].

Defining Interests (+1): urban exploration, parkour, portable electronics.

Special Abilities:
Body Armor: The Verpine's natural chitinous plate armor gives them a +1D bonus against physical attacks.
Microscopic Sight: +1D bonus to search when looking for small objects, due to their highly evolved eyes.
Organic Telecommunication: Because Verpine can send and receive radio waves through their antenna, they have the ability to communicate with other members of their species and with specially-tuned comlinks. The range is very limited when they are acting individually (1 km) but greatly increases when in the hive (covers the entire Roche asteroid field).
Technical Bonus: All Verpine receive a +2D bonus when using their Technical skills.

Story Factors:
Rebel Intelligence Contact: Zyss: Ttejk’s handler is a contact named Zyss. They have many ways to communicate, most are clandestine. When he wants to contact Zyss he must roll a moderate difficulty with Streetwise. A complication on the Wild Die could mean that Ttejk’s cover is blown or ISB are hunting him.

Move: 10m
Character Points: 5
Force Points: 1
Corruption: 0
Force Sensitive: No

Equipment: Street clothing, Cumulus-U500 DataPad (MU: 10; universal port adapter, Scomp port adapter), electronic lockpicking kit, blaster pistol (4D, 3-10/30/120), Sneaksuit (Adds +1D to sneak), Raven Nightvision Goggles (+2D search in low light environments), BlasTech Survivor 1000 Concealment Vest (+1D vs. energy, +1 vs. physical, lightweight vest easily worn under clothes), 1,000 credits.

Background: Ttejk always considered himself honest, but a job is a job. If you won’t do it, someone else will. He was talented and he knew it, taking jobs and charging a premium. After a while the job was easy, what he craved was excitement. The harder the assignment the more dangerous, the better. He was at the top of his game, until that night. The night he had been hired steal information from a non-descript office. An office belonging to ISB. He was forced to flee his home with little more than his equipment, stashed credits and his life. He is pretty sure that one of his rivals set him up. Angry and bitter, he tried to find out who set him up. It was at this time he was approached by Zyss Dabnik a Rebel Alliance intelligence operative. Promising to help him find his nemesis Zyss spent the next sixteen months taining Ttjek as an asset.

Personality: Focused and a calculating risk taker. Ttejk seems challenges and though he prefer to have a plan is quite capable of “winging it.” He will put himself in danger to help his friends. Ttejk is known to hold a grudge for a long time. Typically not quick to anger, rudeness and lack manners can set him off.

Goals: Ttejk wants to find out who set him up. He assumes it was a rival, but which one? Though his life is plenty exciting now, it wasn’t his choice and he misses the comforts of the Core Worlds.

A Quote: “250th floor, 140 kmph crosswinds, DossTech Triple Ermarrian lock and a 30 second window? I can do that!”
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:04 am; edited 11 times in total
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, is he the replacement for Raye ? Wink

Forgive all spelling errors.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is a starting character, how is it he has an advanced skill?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
If this is a starting character, how is it he has an advanced skill?

My guess is the rules state I can =)

R&E p.29, "If your character meets the 'prerequisite skills' requirement, you may put beginning skill dice in the advanced skill."
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But since your comp prog/rep is only 4d+2, and security is less than that, how do you meet the reqs for slicing?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the skill does not exist and I created it and I say it requires a Computer Programming/Repair of 4D, which the character has.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you effectively chose to lower it, even though all other (A) skills wrote in the RAW, require prereqs being 5d.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So you effectively chose to lower it, even though all other (A) skills wrote in the RAW, require prereqs being 5d.

Yup that's what I did. My game, I can do as I like.

With the introduction of (A) Slicing, Computer Programming/Repair is now relegated to writing code, finding information and repairing computers. Whereas (A) Slicing is the actual specific knowledge of how to best get into a system or take advantage of its weaknesses.

I chose to lower the prerequisite to 4D instead of the RAW suggested 5D because it did not make sense. A player has Computer Programming/Repair 5D and buys (A) Slicing 1D for 2CP. This stacks with the Computer Programming/Repair and now has a 6D to Slicing. He has gone from not knowing how to slice into a system to, "6D: Considered about the best in a city or geographic area. About 1:100,000 people"

This seems absolutely silly. So what options did I have? Lower the prerequisite so that the end die pool would start to make sense. That is why I dropped it to 4D in this case.

Furthermore waiting until they have 5D in a requisite skill amounts to a point break.

Example: Buying (A) Slicing to 2D costs (2+2+2+4+4+4) 20 Character Points. Computer Programming/Repair 5D, to raise it to 7D would normally cost (5+5+5+6+6+6) 33 Character Points.

In comparison ...

Example: Buying (A) Slicing to 2D costs (2+2+2+4+4+4) 20 Character Points. Computer Programming/Repair 4D, to raise it to 6D would normally cost (4+4+4+5+5+5) 22 Character Points.

It is now more in-line with point cost.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere in the RAW does it state that prerequisites for advanced skills must be a minimum of 5D. If you look at the prerequisites for the Engineering skills listed in Hideouts & Strongholds, some of them have prerequisites as low as 1D.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Nowhere in the RAW does it state that prerequisites for advanced skills must be a minimum of 5D. If you look at the prerequisites for the Engineering skills listed in Hideouts & Strongholds, some of them have prerequisites as low as 1D.

Thanks crmcneill when I originally replied I did not have my books handy. I also thought there was no clear-cut rule on prerequisites. It was my thought I had seen prerequisites lower than the aforementioned 5D for (A) Medical, but was hesitant to mention them without concrete details.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does raise a question, though. If prerequisites are set low enough, a character could meet the prerequisite simply by having a high enough attribute, even though he has no dice in the prerequisite skill...

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true hide outs and strongholds breaks the R&E rulebook's listing for needing 5d in a prereq. But even there the singular skill prereq'ed (A) skills are at least a min of 4d. Which is something i never understood. Why would the main book go over (A) skills needing a 5d in their prereq if another book comes out and lowers that?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the main book never specified a minimum skill level for prerequisites. 5D First Aid as a prerequisite for (A) Medicine was strictly for that skill, not a general rule for all advanced skills.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that subject. Looking at some of the other (A) skills, such as interrogation, brainwashing and the like, they both require intimidation at 5d. So what makes others different that they only need 4d, or 3d?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that subject. Looking at some of the other (A) skills, such as interrogation, brainwashing and the like, they both require intimidation at 5d. So what makes others different that they only need 4d, or 3d?

Yup guess we are going to have to agree to disagree that we do not need to be a slave to the rules. As well as ignore the mathematical explanation of why 4D as a prerequisite makes more sense than a 5D.

As a side issue, the Verpine has a +2D to all Technical skills and a Technical of 4D, giving him a base 6D in all Technical skills, making him pre-qualified for any of the Technical (A)dvanced skills he would want to learn.
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Thu May 29, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: