The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rainmaker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Rainmaker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Rainmaker Reply with quote

On one of our upcoming missions, my group will be tackling a story idea/rumor I think I got from the 1E rules:

The Rebellion has heard that a large pirate vessel called the Rainmaker has been patrolling the Falkan Expanse, preying on any ships that pass through (Toovar sector, Outer Rim, P-18)

Being as there's nothing out there on (a) the Falkan Expanse, (b) the Toovar sector (which I made up), or the Rainmaker, I'm curious what sort of ship you'd make it?

Right now the PCs have a capital ship (a Loronar Medium Transport) which carries a small squadron of fighters (a Y-wing, a few old Jedi Starfighters, and a custom, souped-up YT-1150), I'd want it to be something that they might have trouble defeating if they use sheer firepower.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have not seen stats for this ship, I have always liked it from the time I first saw it as a young boy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pursuit-class_light_cruiser
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Corise Lucerne
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pursuit-class is a solid choice. I'd put another option the [url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ironhand_(Trenchant-class)]Trenchant-class Light Cruiser[/url], or if you want to give them a bit more to chew on (or more than they could handle, a Gladiator-class Star Destroyer, which has seen use by pirates already.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that gladiator class ship.. Though to give the party a chance, i might neuter down the launchers to only one, with a limited missile/torp inventory due to sustained ussage and damage.
Lane Arroway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps these pirates have a modified Munificant-class frigate? It's sensor jammers would prove to be useful for sneaking up on prey. Also, the pirates could have modified the ship to look very different from its original design making it difficult to identify and allowing you to add-to or change the ship to your liking.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys rock! Lots of cool choices among these. Thanks! 8)
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and one small detail I posted incorrectly earlier: instead of two Y-wings, they now have one Y-wing and one Z-95 Headhunter (they traded one of the Y-wings to the Rebellion for the Z-95).

Don't think this changes the firepower equation that much, though. They've still got one modified capital and five starfighters total.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: