The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sith Purebloods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Sith Purebloods Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Sith Purebloods Reply with quote

I'm looking to be evil with my group, and for the Quixotic Jedi in the party, I have a hook. My plan is for him to lead the group to the tomb of my lvl 55 pureblood assassin, who isn't dead, but instead is in suspended animation. I've already figured out her character, but was needing the species info. Would love any help with that.
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe to assume Saga Edition considering the level?
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, she's from the MMO, gona use the skills for Vader, from the Star Wars Sourcebook for the most part, with her ship piloting downgraded a lot. Have more then a vague idea, a Sith tomb encased in Ice, that's kind of a space station. Have a lil'more then that in my had, but any more details, well that would be "spoilers" to the MMO game Wink
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the edition you're running. As there's d6, revised, revised and expanded, d20, d20 revised, saga and now ffg's version.

Of those I'm only aware of saga possibly having such a level option unless you're stretching d20 to support epic. I could help with d20, but saga is Greek to me.
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, am using the 2.5 D6 version, lol. Though now that I think about it, the Emperor's skills would be more in line with the Sith Assassin from the MMO
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Sylia!

By 2.5 do you mean 2nd Edition, Revised and Expanded?

Great to have you here!
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may, unless this pureblood can't leave the planet, or is doomed to failure by pc., what is to stop them from taking over the universe? Perhaps that is the intent of your game, to go into alternate reality, but if not you should weigh those questions.

Comparing game to Mmo, Palpy is closest to an Inquisitor. DPS variant, cause Lightning is his go to. Couple that with the scheming, and you've got the basis.

Do you expect PCs to die? What are their power levels, Primary and secondary skill dice? I ask because throwing low die chars against someone Palpy's die code can very quickly = death for the chars.
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea so far, is that chroma will try establish a new Sith empire, unless stopped, mainly having her as a reoccurring villain who is trying to learn all that she can about a galaxy 3,000 years into her future. Another part is since this is her future, she's gona need a lot of help & resources, and that she may try to recruit the group, ESPECIALLY since over half the group is Force-sensitive.

And by 2.5, I do mean second edition, revised & expanded. Wink

When I'm finish with her "tomb" I'll post it, but it will have some spoilers for the MMO's Inquisitor story line.

Of course, they're gona have to find it first...
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know that alien species stats for the purebloods
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylia wrote:
Anyone know that alien species stats for the purebloods

I'm pretty sure the Sith species has never been covered in any book to date, whether it be under WEG, WotC, or FFG. I don't see it in any of my listings for the official WEG books or any of the conversion indexes. Given that they were wiped out or interbred by the Lords of the Sith centuries before any Star Wars setting, I don't know if anyone even has any fan stats on them.
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, that's what I needed to know, guess the next step will be to make one. Thankies Smile
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sith

"The term Sith actually refers to a species of red-skinned beings who were native to Korriban."
---Vestara Khai

The Sith, known alternatively as Red Sith or Sith Purebloods, were a species of red–skinned humanoids that originated on the world of Korriban , before eventually resettling on the ice-world of Zoist. Also distinct for their bone spurs, facial tentacles, and genetic predispositions toward both left–handedness and the dark side of the Force, the Sith species coalesced into an empire ruled first by kings known as Sith’ari, and later by Dark Lords.

Despite a society dominated by barbarism and infighting, Sith civilization culminated in a Golden Age, after which the species was all but scattered across the galaxy. An eponymous dark side tradition took the species' name, one that, despite numerous manifestations over time, maintained foundations borne of the customs, science and magic practiced by the ancient Sith species.

The Sith were a proud and violent species of humanoids that evolved on Korriban, a planet within the Horuset system in an isolated Outer Rim region called the Stygian Caldera. Sith had a larger than average number of individuals with potential to use the Force in their species, so high in fact that the entire species was considered strongly Force-sensitive. The abundant Force-sensitivity resulted from a symbiotic relationship with the dark side of the Force where they—like the other few creatures that inhabited the planet—derived sustenance directly from the dark side of the Force, and empowered it in–turn.

Adult Sith characteristically had skin of a crimson-hue, although infants of the species appeared a lighter shade of red. However, even though typically a dark red, some members of the species retained more pink shades of skin tone in adulthood. Sith had sharp, fierce predatory profiles and features all over their bodies, including bone spurs protruding from under their skin at various locations like the elbows. Their faces displayed a notable pair of cheek tendrils that hung down from their high cheekbones. Sith also had cranial horns, pointed teeth, simian mouths below their small noses, and glowing yellow eye covered by cartilaginous eyebrow–stalks. In addition, some Sith had long bony chins, while others did not show this trait and instead possessed less prominent chins that receded from their mouth. Most Sith had three clawed digits on each hand, and three on each foot; two forward facing and one backward facing. However, some Sith had five digits on their hands and feet, such as Sek'nos Rath. The Sith were commonly left handed too, and as a result their signature weapon, the lavarok, was constructed only for their left-handed tendencies.
The cheek tendrils on the jowls of Sith that descended from their cheekbones displayed different expressions amongst their species through twitching and other movements. For example, slight curling of the tendrils showed that the particular Sith was of a rejuvenated attitude, while stroking of the right tendril was an expression of thoughtfulness. Also, quivering of the tendrils could show signs of anger, as well as a questioning expression when coupled with raising of the eyebrow–stalks. The Sith—specifically the Massassi subspecies—also had very keen senses relative to those of Humans, particularly their hearing, despite their small ears.

Hybridization
"They figured out a way to mingle their DNA with that of the Sith natives, and gradually that species became extinct."
―Vestara Khai, speaking of the Dark Jedi and their Sith subjects.

After their arrival in Sith space after the Hundred-Year Darkness, Human Dark Jedi began to interbreed with the Sith. For nearly two thousand years, superstition, loyalty and sympathy were bred out as the two groups interbred, and qualities such as cunning, ambition and affinity to the Force were favored, which shaped Sith society over the centuries. In the Sith Empire, as time progressed pure-blooded Sith were steadily bred out, resulting in only a few pure-blooded Sith left in the Sith Empire by the time of the Great Hyperspace War. Long after, the true species in the Empire were believed have gone extinct due to the interbreeding process.

Characteristics shown would be determined depending on how much Dark Jedi or Sith blood an individual possessed due to interbreeding. By the time of the Great Hyperspace War in 5,000 BBY, the majority of the Sith within the Empire displayed mainly Sith traits. It was common for the Sith of this age, especially half–breeds (like Ludo Kressh and Marka Ragnos) to have four digits on each of their hands. Although there was at least one who showed more than average Dark Jedi traits like Naga Sadow—who had among the purest Jedi lineage, with minimal Sith blood. Sadow showed many Human features, including five digits on his hands and feet, as well as the absence of bone spurs and eyebrow–stalks. However, he maintained qualities of the Sith species such as cheek tendrils (albiet shorter than those of purer Sith lineage), and red skin.

However, some such as the hybrid Sith Purebloods in the Great Galactic War showed even more dilute Sith characteristics than the likes of Sadow. One such example was Exal Kressh, who only expressed Sith traits such as red skin, glowing yellow eyes, and Force-sensitivity. All other features such as cheek tendrils or eyebrow-ridges were not present, though some other members did show other features shared with the original species. Some members even expressed more features than the actual Sith species showed; like the presence of extra pairs of cheek tendrils. In fact, the Sith Purebloods were thought to be very different from the original Sith species as a whole, and to be a Pureblood required that one had retained enough traits shared with the original species to be visually clear in their appearance. Elderly Purebloods showed signs of old–age through their skin developing deep wrinkles, paling and mottling with dark brown age spots. Aged Purebloods also tended to have withered tendrils. Unlike their ancestors, Sith Purebloods did not exist as an entirely Force sensitive race, though it was extremely rare to find members unable to manipulate the Force.

The extremes of hybridization were shown in an individual named Ebya T’dell, who was part of the Lost Tribe of Sith around 4.985 BBY. Though considered Human, she had unusually pink skin and high cheekbones, which were considered to be signs of apparent Sith species ancestry. Further still, many of the so-called Human crew of Omen in the Lost Tribe had had some degree of interbreeding with the Sith species, though they showed no morphology to suggest it—their Force-sensitivity was the only known feature they retained from the interbreeding. After 2,000 years deformities seen in the Lost Tribe were associated as being related to the Red Sith originally in the Lost Tribe, and even in 44 ABY it was deemed possible for Lost Tribe descendants to still have traces of Sith DNA.

By 3642 BBY, it was estimated that 97.8 percent of the Sith Empire's population had some amount of Sith ancestry, but the amount was usually insufficient to express itself in any noticeable way.
The certain Dark Jedi traits inherited from the Dark Jedi–Sith interbreeding Post–Hundred-Year Darkness were selected for by some individuals, claiming that they were the strongest because of it. However, others were not supporters of this blood over Sith bloodlines; some being proud of their Sith traits and lineage, as well as despising any other species and their inclusion in the Sith Empire. From the view of the Red Sith, none other than themselves should be considered Sith.

Society and culture
Culture
"The Sith had strictly defined castes […] There was no transitioning from one to the other."
―Vestara Khai

Though they were in an almost constant state of war, their civilization was quite sophisticated; they saw these acts not as cruel or barbaric, but simply basic aspects of existence. They were notable for engaging in supposedly primitive practices such as sentient sacrifices in the name of their gods. Their constant warring led to a dwindling of the population on their original homeworld of Korriban as well as cultivated an intensely xenophobic society.

Native Sith culture included the Sith language, the consumption of bloodsoup , a rigid and stratified caste-based society, live sentient sacrifices to the Sith deities and use of ancient and arcane alchemy and magic. For the Sith, war and violence were just as much a part of the natural order of life as peace or serenity. Their social order was very rigid, and while many rose to the title of Sith Lord, only one, King Adas, attained the position of monarch. Another aspect of Sith culture, the creation of Sith holocrons to record knowledge, originates from their first contact with the Rakata of the Infinite Empire.
One aspect that originated from Korriban was the position of Shadow Hand; a title that was analogous to that of a Jedi Padawan. One of the oldest and greatest strengths of the Sith was their knowledge of sorcery. This great power allowed them to accomplish great feats such as causing stars to go supernova.

Castes
"In times long past, the Sith race proved malleable…splitting into a meek and servile slave class…an intelligent and nimble engineer class…others interbred with the early exiled Jedi—like the ancestors of Ludo Kressh—watering down the powerful bloodlines…but most useful of all were members of the vicious Massassi Warrior class."
―Naga Sadow describes the Sith caste system

The Sith society was very hierarchical, utilizing both a rigid caste system and a stratified rank structure to put its subjects in their proper place. Due to how long Sith society has separated the Sith into castes (across approximately 100,000 years), each caste is sometimes referred to as a sub-species of Sith. All Sith castes were red-skinned humanoids with distinctly sharp, predatory features and tentacle beards. Among the Sith, the stroking of a right cheek tendril was a sign of thoughtfulness. After interbreeding with the Dark Jedi exiles, the original members of the species became known as Red Sith. Their caste system included the skilled and intelligent Zuguruk caste, the priestly Kissai caste, and the war-like Massassi caste.

The following were notable castes present amongst the Sith:
Zuguruk Caste: The Zuguruk were notably loyal engineers who built and maintained Sith technology, including droids, starships, and tombs.
Massassi Caste: Massassi were the warrior caste of the Sith. This was because Massassi tended to be taller and stronger than the other Sith castes, this combined with the natural Sith aggression made very efficient and vicious soldiers for the Sith military. Massassi were not very intelligent but they could be trained well enough to carry out complex battle plans and maintain their equipment, starships, and weaponry making them very useful to the Sith Empire. The Massassi's loyalty had to be earned but once it was they were unswervingly obedient to the Dark Lord of the Sith; they were also loyal to the individual Sith Lord they served, though this loyalty was secondary to their loyalty to the Dark Lord. The Massassi also had a complex language of their own, which may be related to the Sith language.
Kissai Caste: The Kissai were the priest class in the Sith caste system and were known to study the nature of the Dark side of the Force and practice of ancient Sith magic and alchemy. The Kissai were just as ruthless as the Massassi, but they were more intelligent, observant and lacked the physical advantages that Massassi possessed.
Slaves: While not a full caste like the others, slaves still occupies an important part of the Sith social order. Sith slaves could be any of a myriad of species ranging from Herglic, Human, Mrlssi, and their own kind. Slaves were typically referred to by the scornful epithet "Grotthu." The Sith slaves among them were a meek and servile sub-species, the lowliest in Sith hierarchy. Pure blooded among them had only three digits on each hand unlike the other sub-species, but after the fusion of bloodlines with the Dark Jedi Exiles, the Slaves seemed to have four digits. They worshiped the Sith Lords as gods, and were often used as sacrifices. The Sith Lords used them for slave labor. When a Sith Lord died, his slaves were buried alive with his body in his tomb on Korriban.

Attribute Dice: 12D
Dexterity: 2D/4D
Knowledge: 2D/4D
Mechanical: 2D/4D
Perception: 2D/4D
Strength: 2D/4D
Technical: 2D/4D
Special Skills:
Special Abilities: Force-sensitive.
Typically left handed.
Story Factors: Extinct
Move: 11/13
Size: 1.8m-2m
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have so far, the text is from the Wookieepedi site, and I'd like to condense it down to something a bit smaller, like the other entries for the species. Stats are human range, and not sure on their abilities. BUT the Story Factor is gona have the Extinct entry, no matter what. Any thoughts or help with this would much appricated, Thankies Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll have time to write a bit more in the morning, but the "Story Factors: Extinct" made me laugh because of the wonderful brevity and matter- of-factness of it.

I think that you're wise in making their stats fairly basic, as they were relatively humanoid in their appearance. I'll stew a little while on their natural force sensitivity and proclivity to the Dark Side.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 3 of the Knights of the Old Republic D6 Conversion Project wrote:
Kissai
Home Planet: Korriban
DEXTERITY 1D+2/4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D+1/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D+2/4D
PERCEPTION 1D+2/4D+1
STRENGTH 2D/4D
TECHNICAL 1D+2/3D+2
Special Abilities:
Low Light Vision: Massassi can see twice as far as anormal human in poor lighting conditions.
Warrior Culture: Kissai grow up in a violent and warlike society, so they constantly watch for threats, gaining a permanent +1D bonus to search or
Perception rolls to spot a threat.
Story Factors:
Thought to be Extinct: Most scholars believe the Kissai were driven to extinction prior to the Rise of the Empire, though it is possible that some survivors exist on remote worlds that the Sith may have inhabited.
Move: 10/12
Size: 1.8 meters tall (average)
Source: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
(pages 15-16)

Page 3 of the Knights of the Old Republic D6 Conversion Project wrote:
Massassi
Home Planet: Korriban
DEXTERITY 1D+2/4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D+1/4D
PERCEPTION 1D/3D+2
STRENGTH 2D+1/5D
TECHNICAL 1D/3D+1
Special Abilities:
Low Light Vision: Massassi can see twice as far as a normal human in poor lighting conditions.
Warrior Culture: Massassi are trained from birth to be efficient soldiers.
As such, Massassi characters gain a permanent +1D bonus to search and intimidation skill rolls.
Story Factors:
Thought to be Extinct: Most scholars believe the Massassi were driven to extinction prior to the Rise of the Empire, though it is possible that some survivors exist on remote worlds that the Sith may have inhabited.
Move: 10/12
Size: 1.9 meters tall (average)
Source: The Dark Side Sourcebook (pages 114-115),
Knights of the Old Republic
Campaign Guide (pages 15-16)

Hope these help. These were the original "Pure Blood" Sith before Bioware added in their own version of species. It might be a good place to look for some ideas for species abilities and whatnot. You can find more info:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kissai

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Massassi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: