The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Android Apps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Android Apps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Android Apps Reply with quote

Anyone have suggestions for best Android apps specifically for SWD6 (a dice roller with a wild die would be nice) and RPGing?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of things out there, one is to use your android phone browser to go to the Mobile D6 Dice Roller, it's not an app it's a web site, but it works really well on laptops, tablets and phones alike, and it's specifically for D6 rolls and supports a wild die.

Another choice is the android app Star Wars D6 Dice Roller which is pretty good and again supports a wild die.

Another site, which I've not tried pulling up on my phone to be truthful is Adrian Parker Star Wars D6 Roller which works well and looks good on laptops, not so sure on android phones.

I'm also looking at creating an app myself which covers normal dice, and has a screen for Star Wars dice including wild dice support, it's in beta right now (not pretty, but functional) and is currently on my own phone working out the kinks...

[EDIT] There are many other dice roller apps out there for other RPG and so on, but as far as I know off the top of my head not many that handle an exploding die / wild die, so for specifically SWD6 support, you're looking at the ones above, with an additional app for 'regular' dice support. [/EDIT]

T.C.
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you TyCaine. I asked this on the d6 board last year and nobody could suggest anything!

/off to grab these!
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed your previous post, as mentioned there's only one app in that list, the other two are sites, but otherwise you're welcome! Very Happy

If I can ever get time to finish my app I'll provide a link.

T.C.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an android app at this time that has several 'screens' for dealing with 'regular' dice, and SWD6 dice. The SWD6 screen allows for selecting the number of dice through a slider (1-25) or manually entering, pips/bonus, and whether to use a Force Point or up to 5 Character Points.

It's in a beta version right now and I'm working with some playtesters to 'field-test' it.

it's optimized for an android smartphone (as that's all I have to test it on) so on some screen sizes it may seem large and clunky (still figuring out the resizing or lack thereof) but it should be functional.

if anyone is interested in testing the beta version (android only currently) please email me at ty.caineATgmailDOTcom and I'll send a link out to a few. once some of the kinks are worked out I aim to make it available to all through the Google store.

T.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: