The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Birthday Game: d6 Kwevron intro adventure from d20 RES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Birthday Game: d6 Kwevron intro adventure from d20 RES Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Birthday Game: d6 Kwevron intro adventure from d20 RES Reply with quote

Greetings, gamers,

It's been a while since I've run a SW d6 game (about a year and a half). My son's birthday party is this Friday and I am running him and three friends through the intro adventure from the d20 Rebellion Era Sourcebook. I like the idea from the book (starting a campaign on Kwevron), but am simply taking the fluff of it and using d6 rules.

My question is this: How do I re-stat Lt. Dragen? I have stats for stormtroopers from the 2ER&E SW core book, but I don't recall seeing Imperial Officers. I printed off Imperial Army officer and Imperial Death Star Officer stats from the 'net the other night. They vary slightly, but I can use either, I guess.

I wanted to poll the community here and get opinions from you regarding Imperial officers. The rest of the adventure I can convert over to d6 easily enough. I might not even need most of it if time runs out (there will be presents and cake to be enjoyed, after all!), but this could be something where every so often my son can have his friends over to play some more.

Thanks and happy gaming,
Zudrak
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Guardian's awesome NPC collection. I'm not positive but I'm sure it has what your looking for. Download the ultimate collection as that has all of the stats he did.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/TT0HfLFr/_online.html
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
Try Guardian's awesome NPC collection. I'm not positive but I'm sure it has what your looking for. Download the ultimate collection as that has all of the stats he did.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/TT0HfLFr/_online.html

Fantastic! Thank you, Luwingo_Spince. Smile
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with your son's birthday party, Zudrak. I'm sure they'll have a ton of fun, and with any luck you can turn this into a regular thing! Smile
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, DougRed4! I do hope we can get something going. I do have an AD&D group that meets irregularly, so doing a SWRPG game occasionally would be a nice change of pace from that. I love that the d6 game captures the spirit of the movies and EU (pre-1999) that I've read without bogging down into rules-searches each session.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you really like the old school games!
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I do -- though I realize I had AD&D on my brain due to moving around some files on my Dropbox account to make room for the Star Wars ones, so I can access them when I'm not at my home desktop. The other game I mentioned is actually a house-ruled Castles & Crusades game. It is heavily-inspired by AD&D since that is the game I grew up with and loved.
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting that the game went really well. I expected to write up a summary of the action, but having a 5 month-old is taking up a lot of our time. I feel silly, having an 11 year-old, that I don't remember how busy things are the second 3 months. I remembered the first 3 months are crazy but forgot about months 4 - 6, apparently. Embarassed
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zudrak wrote:
Embarassed I do -- though I realize I had AD&D on my brain due to moving around some files on my Dropbox account to make room for the Star Wars ones, so I can access them when I'm not at my home desktop. The other game I mentioned is actually a house-ruled Castles & Crusades game. It is heavily-inspired by AD&D since that is the game I grew up with and loved.

Small world, that is my game of choice for that style of gameing.

That said welcom to the pit!

Forgive all spelling errors.
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurker wrote:
Zudrak wrote:

Small world, that is my game of choice for that style of gameing.

That said welcom to the pit!

Cool! And thanks. Very Happy

FWIW, I post at TLG's site from time to time (same username). I don't post at either site as much as I'd like, but I do like talking both d6 SW and C&C.
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Birthday Game: d6 Kwevron intro adventure from d20 RES Reply with quote

I have found another answer online (though it was not written for that reason) to my question:

Quote:
...How do I re-stat Lt. Dragen? I have stats for stormtroopers from the 2ER&E SW core book, but I don't recall seeing Imperial Officers. I printed off Imperial Army officer and Imperial Death Star Officer stats from the 'net the other night. They vary slightly, but I can use either, I guess.

I wanted to poll the community here and get opinions from you regarding Imperial officers. The rest of the adventure I can convert over to d6 easily enough. I might not even need most of it if time runs out (there will be presents and cake to be enjoyed, after all!), but this could be something where every so often my son can have his friends over to play some more.

It is here:
http://sparks.wikidot.com/imperial-command

I'm really enjoying reading stuff on the Sparks site.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some handy info. Thanks for posting the link! Smile
Zudrak
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Threadsurrection Reply with quote

Well, with the advent of the new movie coming in December, my son has decided to have another Star Wars-themed birthday party next month. My wife and I are currently starting to put plans together for it. I'll be running a d6 SWRPG session after pizza, cake, & presents. I plan on picking up where the last SWRPG birthday party session of two years ago left off -- with the heroes meeting with the Rebellion and receiving their first assignment.

I just have to dig out my old notes, the conversions I made from the Rebellion Era sourcebook (d20), and have more pregenerated characters available to play since there could be as many as 10 kids(!) playing this time. Now on to getting the invites out!

Happy gaming,
Michael / Zudrak
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son just turned 6 and chose to have a Star Wars themed birthday party this weekend. We had a Darth Vader cake, a giant (larger than life-sized) R2-D2 balloon, and homemade lightsabers given to each child (we 16 kids with lightsabers!). It was a lot of fun.

My son hit the jackpot! He received a total of 4 Star Wars Lego sets of various sizes (plus 2 non-SW sets), 4 SW action figures (standard 3.75 size), 3 sets of small SW figures (army men sized figures and not-to-scale vehicles), 1 SW storybook, 2 SW activity books, 3 SW comic trade paperbacks, a SW puzzle, SW hotwheel cars and a Death Star game that uses them, a SW hat, and SW underwear from Nana. Miraculously, it was all stuff he didn't already have. What a haul!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was invited to a children's Star Wars birthday party once. They told the children that they were going to explore this canyon (a well known hiking trail), and investigate rumors that a Sith Lord was in the vicinity. They all had similar pool noodle lightsabers.

I just so happened to have enough costuming on hand that I could pull off a convincing Sith Lord, and I spent some time making a servicable mask.

Things went wrong when the adults failed to describe the specific endgame for confronting the Sith Lord. I wound up evading a group of 12 energetic 8 year olds giving them a periodic bop with my pool noodle saber, only to find that I really couldn't see much of anything in my mask. For fear of having an accident and falling into the canyon, I decided I had enough, tossed aside my lightsaber and making a mad dash into the woods. Because, you know... pursuing an unarmed person and killing them would be un-Jedi like, right?

Nope. The chase was on.

I could hear the other adults trying to regain some control of the situation, calling out, "I think you've ridden the valley of this evil!" and "Uhh... I... I think he's had enough now!" But it was no use. The line between fantasy and reality had blurred, and the only thing to do was destroy this menace and rid the earth of its vile presence.

The now crazed band of 8 year olds, bent on fulfilling a deep-seeded drive to vanquish evil pursued me like a pack of wolves, screaming and brandishing their lightsabers. I was the wounded deer. Certainly I could probably lose the kids in the forrest... if it weren't for the fact that it's unwise to lose kids in a forrest, and losing yourself in the process AND I can't see a thing in this mask. I'm just as likely to trip on a log and smash my head into a rock.

So, knowing that discretion is the better part of valor, and self-preservation is the better part of discretion, I valiantly curled up in a ball, and let the children bash me with their pool noodles until the parents could pry these young padawans (who had now probably gotten a fair few Dark Side points themselves), off of their helpless prey, and hopefully distract them with some cake and presents.

And that was the last time I made an appearance for someone's Star Wars party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: