The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Suulru, The Cyber-Witch of Beloros
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Suulru, The Cyber-Witch of Beloros
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Suulru, The Cyber-Witch of Beloros Reply with quote

This is a tentative stat block for an NPC I introduced to the players last week. She is clearly evil, but the party needs her because she is the only one who can get their friends out of the local crime boss's prison. She agreed to help the smuggler free the other party members if the smuggler agrees to assassinate Horch, the criminal lord who stands in her way.

Let me know what you think! Most of the stats exist in sourcebooks. Some of them I made myself.

Suulru, The Cyber-Witch of Beloros
Human (Cyborged), Female

DEXTERITY 2D+1 (4D+1)

Melee combat 4D+2, Melee Parry 4D+2, Pick Pocket 4D+2, Repulsorlift (self) 6D+2 (8D+2)
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Streetwise 7D+2, Alien Species 4D+2, Languages 4D+2, Willpower 7D, Value 7D
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Repulsorlift Operation 4D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+1 (5D+1)
Bargain 6D+1 (8D+1), Command 5D (7D), Con 5D (7D), Search 4D+1 (6D+1)
STRENGTH 2D+2 (5D)
Climbing/Jumping 3D+1 (5D+2)
TECHNICAL 3D+2
First Aid 6D, (A)Medicine: Cyborging 8D+2

Force Sensitive? No
Force Points: 3
Character Points: 15
Dark Side Points: 6
Move: 10 (16)

CYBERNETICS:
Cybernetic Legs Package (+6 move)

Skeletal Reinforcement (+1D Strength to resist damage)

Cardio-Muscular Package (+2D+1 to Strength attribute)

Response Improvement Package (+2D to Dexterity Attribute)

Hifold Sensory Package (+2D to Perception Attribute)

2 Repulse Hands (4D+2, skill and damage)

Static Discharge Capacitors (homebrew unique)
When these capacitors activate, they emit ultrasonic signals which influence nearby brains to increase electrical activity. This builds a static charge within nearby organics, effectively turning them into lightning rods. The charge builds over time, until the cyborg wishes to discharge her own cells, sending arcs of lightning to the nearby adversaries.
Effect: When the capacitors are activated, the damage of the discharge increases +1D every turn, starting at 0D, until the energy is released. The maximum damage is 10D. This damage can be divided among any number of targets within 10 meters. The attack automatically hits if the target is within 10 meters. Once the discharge is released, the capacitors begin charging anew at 0D.

Integral Pelvic Repulsors (homebrew unique)
This gyroscopic internal repulsor system which replaces the pelvic bone and some vertebral disks allows the cyborg to float in mid air and fly short distances. It is controlled by the brain and therefore requires no mechanical operation.
Effect: Cyborg may hover vertically up to its move score in height, and may fly horizontally at speeds up to its move score. Uses the Repulsorlift (self) skill, under dexterity. It may be used instead of the Dodge skill.

CAPSULE:
A long time ago, in the old republic, Suulru Jann was a wealthy merchant in the city Beloros, participating in the trade of chemical stimulants and medicines. She was fairly successful until one day when she slipped and fell on a repulsor-train platform as a train was arriving. She just barely survived her legs being severed, and using her substantial funds, had a new pair of high quality cybernetic legs grafted to her hips. Not only was she not disabled by the accident, it actually improved her physical abilities.

Pleased with her new-found grace, Suulru sought more "upgrades" with which to improve herself. She built an extensive cyborging workshop and began kidnapping dregs off the streets to use as guinea pigs. She figured out a way to implant a chip into the brains of her captives to instill absolute obedience. As her skills and her entourage of cyborg slaves grew, Suulru continued seeking upgrades for herself. During this time, the Empire took control and the city of Beloros turned to crime.

Eventually, Suulru gathered a sizable enough cult to be deemed powerful enough to join Horch of Beloros' Inner Circle. There she used her influence to open a slave trade agreement with the Hutts, shipping hopeful pilgrims to the planet Ylesia, where they would package glitterstim spice for the rest of their lives.

Now that the operation of Ylesia has been dismantled by rebels, Suulru seeks a new avenue for profit: control of the criminal city of Beloros.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice character, Dromdarr! 8)

So how do the Static Discharge Capacitors attack? That is, if the target is more than 10 meters away can it attack them at all? And it automatically hits everyone within 10 meters?
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Very nice character, Dromdarr! 8)

So how do the Static Discharge Capacitors attack? That is, if the target is more than 10 meters away can it attack them at all? And it automatically hits everyone within 10 meters?

Yeah it does not go farther than 10 meters and it automatically hits if the target is within range.

Now don't get me wrong; this ability is not as overpowered as it seems.

I have a house rule that you can dodge a distance up to half your move speed, rounded up, so it is possible to dodge - but only if you manage to jump out of its range in time.

When I use her, I will not have her charge her capacitors all the way up to 10D, and if I do, I will have her split the damage between multiple targets so there is no instant PC death.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that makes more sense. She should be an excellent foe and challenge for your players!
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Doug!

When my characters first saw her, she was floating naked in her inner sanctum. She turned around to reveal her pitch black eyes with glowing white pupils. Later on she shot lightning from her fingertips in a display of power.

Needless to say, my players think she is a Dark Side force user - which makes things more fun, because they need her help to free themselves from prison.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! That's always an outstanding plot twist, IMO. When you force the PCs to have to turn to somebody evil (especially if it's one of their enemies) for help.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum:

Special Rule: Ion weapons affect Suulru as if she were a droid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: