The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jawa War Walker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Jawa War Walker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Jawa War Walker Reply with quote

Meant to be playing an other game over the weekend and tonight, but key people couldn't show, so we have started using pick-up's like Valkrie wing, well just for laughs I started a Semi-solo (Me, GM and the occasional "Guest Star").

My character started as a Jawa "Droid Rustler", his gimmick was a AT-RT and a Capsul launcher (no Projectile weapons skill, but dex is good enough for area effect "Droid Poppers").

after a few short adventures engaging in "Grand Theft Droid", "Grand Theft Speeder", Dealing in Stolen Goods and Freud (selling "Rebirthed" R5 unit as new R2's) the Sand Crawler I was working off of broke down and I was off arranging a tow, his tribe was wiped out by sand people.

after finding out they where wanted for taking out Farms and sacking settlements (so they have a big bounty on them collectively) I brought up some Explody and Gas grenades, then I went to a crashed CIS frigate I knew about and reactivated a bunch of B1 battledroids, tracked them down and took them out. I started by stampeding their Banthers through their camp, when they tried to run it was in to squads of B1's, lots of droids got smashed with Gaffi sticks and trampled by Banthers but I (with some help from my mechanical friends) put an end to that lot, I collected their heads and a bunch of salvage, wen done I spent the Salvage proceeds and bounty on a AT-TE.

I've put together a squad of Improved B1's that I call C4-I's (Infantry) and a pair of much Improved Pilot OOM's that I call C4-A's (Armor). I now wounder the deserts hunting Sand People, "Salvaging" the unfortunate caravans and moisture farms they hit and engage in slightly more legitimate business.

Tip: If a Jawa with a Combat Walker buys (paying a hefty deposit up front) a gross of Power Cells off of you, Don't sell them to an outer customer wile he's off getting his vehicle and the rest of the payment, especially don't refuse to refund his deposit, he may just drive his walker through your shop.
gavin storm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, i like the background
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat concept. What are his stats?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of fun, DB! Makes me want to run a one-off like this for our con! 8)
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he leaving some rather large and distinguishing track behinds on all these larcenous forays?
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jawa War Walker Reply with quote

DB 2.0 wrote:

Tip: If a Jawa with a Combat Walker buys (paying a hefty deposit up front) a gross of Power Cells off of you, Don't sell them to an outer customer wile he's off getting his vehicle and the rest of the payment, especially don't refuse to refund his deposit, he may just drive his walker through your shop.

Shocked Surprised Laughing

Forgive all spelling errors.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No stats were suggested so here are some I tossed together. Only thing I did was toss on a ranged restraining bolt gun.

I also gave some thought to the AT-ET, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I mean, could see someone maybe getting their hands on one that needed work and did not have weapons. It would be a heavily armed troop transport for the droids, which does work and I can get behind as a GM.

The Droid Wrangler
Craft: Modified Kuat Drive Yards All Terrain Recon Transport
Type: Recon walker
Scale: Walker
Length: 3.2 meters tall
Skill: Walker operation: AT-RT
Crew: 1
Passengers: 0
Cargo Capacity: 60 kilograms
Cover: 1/4
Cost: Unique
Maneuverability: 3D
Move: 25; 70 kmh
Body: 1D+2
Weapons:
Capsule Launcher
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Vehicle blasters
Fire Control: 1D
Range: 10/30/120
Damage: Restraining bolt, must obey commands sent by a "caller." The droid cannot resist the effects of a restraining bolt.

The Red Bantha
Craft: Modified Rothana Heavy Engineering All-Terrain Tactical Enforcer
Type: Walker
Scale: Walker
Length: 12.4 meters long
Skill: Walker operation: AT-TE
Crew: 1
Passengers: 20 (troops); (5) C4-I, (2) C4-A
Cargo Capacity: 60 tons
Cover: Full
Cost: Unique
Maneuverability: 0D+1
Move: 21; 60 kmh
Body Strength: 5D+1

C4-I
Type: Modified Baktoid Combat Automata B1 Series Battle Droid
DEXTERITY 1D
Blaster: blaster rifle 4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 3D
TECHNICAL 1D
Equipped With:
-Integrated comlink
-Remote receiver (5,000 km range)
-Body armor (+1D Strength to resist damage)
-Vocabulator (the droid can replicate organic speech)
Equipment: Blaster rifle (5D damage, range: 3-30/100/300)
Move: 10
Size: 1.8 meters tall

C4-A
Type: Modified Neimoidian Series Pilot Battle Droid
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 5D, melee combat 3D+2, missile weapons 3D+2, vehicle blasters 3D+2
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 4D
Astrogation 5D, repulsorlift operation 4D+1, walker operation 5D
PERCEPTION 1D
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 2D
TECHNICAL 1D
Computer programming/repair 1D+2
Equipped With:
-Integrated multichannel comlink
-Remote receiver (5,000 km range)
-Body armor (+1D Strength to resist damage)
-Vocabulator (the droid can replicate organic speech)
Equipment: Blaster rifle (5D damage, range: 3-30/100/300)
Move: 10
Size: 1.8 meters tall
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't played him since Easter, he's so far from his original build, I may re-make him.

For the C4-A's I had to strip out the Astrogation to make enough room on the Buss and Drives to add the Walker Opps program at 5D.

The C4-I's have a Dex of 2D Blaster 4D Melee 3D.

as to the AT-RT, it's fairly standard except on the handle bars their is a modular mount that I mix up with either a CPSL, Light Ion Canon or a light repeating blaster depending om my mood or needs, normally it's the CPSL or Ion Canon.

the AT-TE has a rear mounted crane for salvage work. the Froward Guns are linked and controlled by the Pilot Droid, the Heavy Canon has it's own Gunner as dose the Rear Canons that are linked, Troops wise 1-2 Command C4-I's and 5-8 C4-I's, for Tech services their is an EV and a R4 with Droid and Walker Repair and a couple of P-100's.

Last edited by DB 2.0 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Isn't he leaving some rather large and distinguishing track behinds on all these larcenous forays?

he's gone more or less legit since acquiring the AT-TE, when he is up to his old tricks, he's just an other anonymous Jawa most of the time.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: "The Jawa with no Name" (rebuild)

Dex: 3D, Blasters 4D, Dodge 4D
Kno: 3D, Streetwise 3D+1, Value 3D+1
Mech: 4D, Walker Operation 5D
Per: 2D, Bargain 2D+1
Str: 2D
Tech: 4D, Blaster Repair 5D, Droid Programing 4D+2, Droid Repair 6D, Security 4D+1, Walker Repair 5D

Equipment: Blaster Pistol, DEMP Carbine W/2 extra Clips, Blast Vest, AT-RT W/CPSL & 6 Ion Grenades, Droid Toll Kit, Walker Tool Kit.

Credits: 50

Priority 1 upgrades: Streetwise to 4D, Value to 4D, Survival to 4D, Bargain to 3D, Hide to 3D, Search to 3D, Sneak to 3D, Droid Programing to 5D, Security to 5D. Macrobionocluars, Security Tool Kit, other tools.

Priority 2 upgrades: Bargain to 4D, Hide to 4D, Search to 4D, Sneak to 4D, Stamina to 3D. Portable Scanner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: