The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Real world fighter / bomber / cargo / attack / etc jets &
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Real world fighter / bomber / cargo / attack / etc jets & Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good place to get some baseline info (beyond the basic D6 stuff out there) is the free RPG called "Into the Shadows". I can no longer access it here at work, so Google "Into the Shadows RPG" and it will be the first thing that comes up.

It's a horror/modern D6 game, and the basic rules have vehicles, explosives, and special ammunition. I don't believe there's any military aircraft other than helicopters (Blackhawks and Chinooks), but you'll find tanks, Humvees, and other good stuff. Between the core rules and the GM sourcebook (called "The Book of Shadows"), it should at least give some helpful info to get you started...
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
thedemonapostle wrote:
so anyone got some good online sources of information for real world jets, fighters, planes, etc? or am i stuck with what only google will show me? which i usually wikipedia...

Wikipedia is probably your best bet, all things considered. You might be able to find more detailed information on more specialized websites, but Wikipedia is going to end up being the site where you are most likely to find information on even relatively obscure aircraft.
Also check out the Xplane.org forums. There are lots of people on there trying to build accurate flight models of real world aircraft of all kinds. They might know where to find advanced and obscure data on particular aircraft, such as what G loading a C-141 starlifter is rated for and how many cannon rounds a YF-17 carried.

Complete Starship Construction System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: