The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Props for online play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Props for online play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigkrieg
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Props for online play Reply with quote

Hello community
I was wondering who among you have played the game online and was wondering what props people might use?

My group and I play online and I am looking for ways of enhancing the experience. We use google+ for game sessions.

Again, I am wondering what props people might use for online play to enhance the gaming experience. I sometimes create maps and share them but that gets old. As you can imagine, there are some limitations to playing online. So any suggestions for creativity would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you do live play or pbp? If you do live play do you use a webcam?
Bigkrieg
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We play using webcam. There are 4 of us in chat conference using google+.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The props I enjoyed using most as a GM were often the silliest things. When the players were facing off against pirates, I had one of those paper pirate hats from Long John Silvers. A terrible necklace from the early 90's that my wife had hanging around (for who knows WHAT reason) served as a Sith amulet for about a year.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there was also a time when the characters were moving into a low-atmo environment and needed breathing masks. One of the guys said, "I need something to use as a mask, give me something." Another player was coming from a sporting event and handed him an... um... "athletic protector" since it was the right shape.

It took him three breaths before it clicked what he was doing.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run an online game which is an edited narrative of the story. The players email me their plays and I edit it into an .html document.

In addition to the maps, I do a lot of photoshopped (GIMP, actually, 'cos it's free and I'm used to it) images that convey the 'look' I'm going for. I also have sound effects on the page, which the players can play upon clicking a button. I once did a sound-effect on a mouse-over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: