The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Replacing a ships manueverability?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Replacing a ships manueverability?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Replacing a ships manueverability? Reply with quote

Is this possible?

I noticed that you can replace and upgrade space rather easily but maneuverability seems to only have the standard upgrade limit and yet it is what is used to calculate how much ion damage a ship can take? that seems very harsh in my opinion. Is there no way to better increase the maneuverability? Like replacing the thrusters with a better/larger model/more thrusters? Speed may be nice but knowing that my ship cannot be rendered useless by failing its soak rolls (ion or normal) by merely 1 three times in a row, is far better.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, starships use the Hull code to oppose Ion Cannon.

As to the maneuverability... only by upgrading, AFAIK. Probably some homebrew out there to make up for that, though.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay let me a bit more clear.

on a damage roll with a result of controls ionized - the ship may only take a number of controls ionized equal to its manueverability before being rended dead in the water.

EDIT: nvm - you get your shields before on this - pg 128 core book.

I went stupid for a minute.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing a ships manueverability? Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
Is this possible?

I noticed that you can replace and upgrade space rather easily but maneuverability seems to only have the standard upgrade limit and yet it is what is used to calculate how much ion damage a ship can take? that seems very harsh in my opinion. Is there no way to better increase the maneuverability? Like replacing the thrusters with a better/larger model/more thrusters? Speed may be nice but knowing that my ship cannot be rendered useless by failing its soak rolls (ion or normal) by merely 1 three times in a row, is far better.

Well, GG6 contain rules about ship system modification. On page 32 there is a chapter named "Modify or replace". It explains that for each system it is possible to upgrade or replace ship existing system. Unfornatunately there isn't any rule on the way to replace systems... But it is still possible.

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not notice that. so im betting if I can find a stock frieghter with more manuevrability I can jury rig them into my ship - Just add more mishap modifiers - which my ship is almost as bad as the falcon anyway. But shes tough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: