The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for a few reliable players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Looking for a few reliable players.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Looking for a few reliable players. Reply with quote

I currently have two play-by-post games on this site, and I'm looking for some additional players. I figure that there is enough room for two more players in each game. If anyone is interested in joining a game, either post here or send me a PM.

I am looking for either criminal, or sith military characters for the Empire's End campaign.

I am looking for Jedi characters for the Prophecy campaign.

Hope to hear back from some of you!
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in both or either. I haven't really done any PbP before so I'm going to be a super annoying NEWB that you'll probably want to kill quickly but I'll give it a go, been wanting to get a handle on the whole PbP phenomenon anyway.
I'm assuming it's mostly character/RP driven so I should be okay with it. With the templates, is it like an honour system for skills rolls or something, then you RP the results by posting?

I had a quick glance at both campaigns to get an idea of the interaction and characters, I didn't read enough to get into the stories so I'll be going in a little blind but that could work if I'm being introduced as a new PC that hasn't been around thus far.

I could do a sith military dude or a jedi okay. Couple of ideas off the top of my head that'd be fun to play...
1) Taung (galaxy at war d6 conversion) Mercinary. Sith were paying well and have dental, so I took my heavy mandalorian armour and powerful small arms and signed up. Still got my clan badge, but got a sith one embossed just below that.
Bodyguard, troop officer, special operations, a job's a job. Totally loyal to an employer, for reasons of clan honour. Today, it's the sith.

2) Lafrarian (alien encounters) Jedi. A natural pilot and dedicated Jedi student, equally happy at the controls of a starship or with a lightsabre in his hands. Loves colourful or shiny things which he collects and then presents to fertile looking unattached women. The Jedi Order may frown on marriages but it's instinct and doesn't have to involve charging up her loading ramp. Sure some female padawans complained about his habit of sniffing their hair but he's put a lid on that.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both of those characters can work.

Keep in mind, both stories take place parellel to each other, and both stories will impact the other.

Empire's End summary. The Sith Empire has just fallen, and the few remaining Sith and their minions are going to ground as they try to survive. The story follows a small group that includes a Sith apprentace and a number of Sith soldiers and others who are sympathetic to the cause.

Taung Merc. There are two easy ways that we can introduce thos character. 1. He can be making a prison break in the wake of Sovain and the others. Or 2. He can be laying low in the bar where Caster is and either recognize him for what he is, or choose to side with him in the current exchange he is in.

Sith Campaign starting stats:
Attribute Dice: 18D
Skill Dice: 15D
Character may add up to 3D in any single skill.
You may either use an existing template, or create your own.
For gear. If you are reasonable with your choices, you can take what you want. Your character would most likely not have a lot of credits, and when the Sith Empire fell, he most likely went to ground with whatever he was carrying at the time. (The armor you listed, along with a sidearm and a rifle would be ideal.)

Prophecy campaign summary. The Sith Empire has just fallen, and a small group of Padawans have just been knighted and tasked with seeking out those who would resurrect the Sith Empire . The characters are a little overwhelmed by the scope, and lack of support for their mission as they set out.

Lafrarian Jedi: I only see one potential issue with this character. The "Space Transports Pilot" angle is pretty well covered at this point. However, if you focused on "Starfighter" piloting, that could prove to be a useful skill. Your character would be a freshly minted Jedi Knight who was on his way to the front lines. He had just been shuttled to the Maveric when news came that the war was over.

Character Creation:
Attribute Dice: 18D (To be spent on Attributes only)
Skill Dice: 7D (To be spent on Skills only, you may choose to use 1D for Specialties)
Force Dice: 4D (To be spent on force ability only.)
-No Force Ability may be over 2D at character creation.
-1D in a Force Ability gains you one Force Power, for each additional pip spent on Force Abilities gains you one additional Force Power. No Force Power may be taken that will generate a Dark Side point with use.
Gear: Lightsaber, and a few small items like tools or survival items, and one or two personal items.

If you have questions, feel free to ask!
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put some thought into it. Most of the games I'm in have been pretty dead the past couple months.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
I'll put some thought into it. Most of the games I'm in have been pretty dead the past couple months.

Yeah, it seems like the holidays suck the life right out of a game sometimes. I'm just now getting my stuff back up to speed.

If you're interested in playing, we'd love to have you along for the journey!
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initial question about energy weapons and tech, if this is Battle of Ruusan era, that's about 1000BBY isn't it? That should be around when the Republic went from Information Tech (pulsewave weapons, archaic navcomputers) to Space Tech (modern blasters, fast hyperdrives), and I notice some PCs have either Pulsewave Weapons or Blaster skill, I take it both are available, Pulsewaves are probably cheaper and Blasters have better range but damage is similar and PCs can pick either?

Hoping I'm not too far off the mark I've equipped/skilled up working on this basis, let me know if it's inappropriate, or if you have special rules for blasters/tech in this era I should know about.

Also need your GM approval for mandalorian iron qualities of lightsabre resistance for melee weapons (noted in EU but not written into WEG RAW). Doesn't affect armour other than to make mandalorian iron suits as protective as modern ceramic/polymer suits like Stormtrooper armour (where archaic metal suits are either far more encumbering or less protective by comparison).

I'll post the Taung I've written up so far in the Completed Characters section of the game thread. Armour is just a RAW modified suit of Beskar'gam (scum and villainy d6 conversion)
But the bit I'm wondering about is a Mandalorian-Iron vibroblade that can parry lightsabres like Echani-alloy and Cortosis-weave weapons, it's in EU but not WEG RAW. Not that it's got any chance of unbalancing anything, a non-Force user isn't going to fare well using melee against a Jedi even if his weapon doesn't get automatically cut in half, but with a FP and full parry it might give chance to escape...
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, both Pulse Wave and Blasters are available. The stats we are using are from the Tales of the Jedi Companion, and the Knights of the Old Republic conversion books. I'm treating Blasters as an emerging technology, and the Pulse Wave weapons as an older more reliable option. Pulse Wave weapons are more common, but both are redily available. We arent using any special rules for either kind of weapon.

The armor should be fine.

I did a little homework on the vibroblade, and I decided that I'll let you have it. Even if its not an unbalancing weapon, its still going to be rare, and likely expensive. My one condition is that your other weapons are fairly basic (A cheap pistol and rifle would be acceptable.) Fair enough?
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the Taung in the Completed Characters thread in the PbP game forum...

also posted the Lafrarian in corresponding thread for Prophecy game.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanir wrote:
I've posted the Taung in the Completed Characters thread in the PbP game forum...

also posted the Lafrarian in corresponding thread for Prophecy game.

Both characters look good at a glance. I need to look up the Blastech rifle to be sure its from the era, but if not, I'll trade it out for something comparable from the time period.

I'll be writing you into my next post in each game (Some time this weekend). Welcome to the group!
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't dealt with equipment or histories, but, I've statted up a couple characers here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqSufFh1samvdC1tVTVac080UWZKbEQzeEdsQWk2LVE&usp=sharing

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good start for both characters! I'll be looking forward to seeing them completed. Both characters look well suited to the group they will be joining.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I just joined the club and I am interested in both games. I know the rules, at least the official ones didn't look for any house rules yet, and how forum gaming works.

Before reading the threads I have a couple of ideas that perhaps could work

Empire's end:

Character 1: Wookie renegade. A wookie casted out of his clan and homeworld by his rude behavior. He is an acomplished headhunter ( if you want the target dead, or at least without all his limbs ) and an expert hacker. He used to work for the underworld but with the fall of the Empire his skills are more and more demanded by the former "superior race" of humans.

Character 2: A young promise at the His Higness University, she had always been more comfortable with machines that with people. Her best friend is a droid she had reprogrammed and her ability with holo-engineering and programming is one of the best in the galaxy despite her age. All was beign perfect until all started to crumble and her planned life was torn to pieces. She was lost, afraid, the University closed its doors and suddenly she was in the real world. But she was approached by some individuals, not the company her grandmother would approve, but she started to make good money. A fake hologram here, a forgery there, maybe a couple of reprogramming of some planetary systems to allow certain starships to dock, and she discovered that she was good at it, and that she loves the adrenaline rush.

Prophecy:

A female human jedi, daughter of a couple of jedi knights, her father died before she was born. Trained by her mother she is forced to look for the Jedi Academy when her mother died and she discover more of her fatrher's dead, and is tainted by the dark side for the first time.
She is looking for the jedi to finish her training and to join their ranks, but fate has other plans.

What do you think of them? The two first just came up, the jedi one is an old character concept I never had the opportunity to play, despite I have a short narration of her first adventures ( we could use it as background adjusting some names due to era issues )

If you need anything else, something different, just tell me and I will adapt! Wink
Of course, if I am too late to get in, I will wait for next opportunity!

Thanks!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frandal,

Go a head and put together stats for both of the characters. (Being that we are currently on Kashyyyk in Empire's End, the Wookiee would be the easiest fit, but either character could work.) One way or another we will find a way to work them into the stories.

The basic creation rules are listed earlier in this thread. And if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

PS: Welcome to the forum!
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! Today has been a crazy day but tomorrow I will have them ready!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I think we're good for players. If anyone who hasnt already spoken up wants to join, let me know and I'll try to find a way to include you. Otherwise, I'll start a similar thread when/if I decide to expand the group a little again. I have a tendancy to make openings for new characters between chapters.

If you are still looking for a game, there are several other GMs who are running some incredible games, most of which are looking for additional players from time to time. Give them a PM to see if they are interested in including any additional players!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: