The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New SW rpg box set pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> New SW rpg box set pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: New SW rpg box set pictures Reply with quote

If you guys are interested, I posted images of the contents of the new SW RPG boxed set from Fantasy Flight Games. I have to say, the production quality is really high.

The game has no levels, it is skill based like d6, where you gain points after every session to improve your skills with...

It's also abstract combat based, no minis or maps required. It really reminds me of d6 to be honest...

I get the feeling that once you learn the dice symbols, it can be a fast and cinematic system suitable for SW, I would not discount this system...

Anyway, here's the link to my post: http://wp.me/pkce6-114
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, ebertran. It does look like it's got really nice production value!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually ran this game the other night. It was a lot of fun, and it was a fun challenge for my players to get the dialectical flow of what they wanted to do with their advantage and triumph dice.

There was the issue that the boxed adventure ran just like that... just a boxed adventure. The writing could have gone a bit better, but all things considered it was a good night with a sense of what the system could do when run well. It certainly was a change for our GM who was tired of running SAGA. Of course, part of that was that he got to play instead of just GM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: