The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stats for Prequel Jedi & Sith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Stats for Prequel Jedi & Sith Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Actually, having a high score in Lightsaber is more accurate, as he seems equally proficient with a single-blade saber as with a double-blade (as seen in TPM when he engages Qui-Gon with the single blade on Tatooine, and on Naboo when he kicks Obi-wan down the shaft after Obi-wan had successfully chopped his double-saber in two). Also, since the RAW uses Lightsaber for both attack and defense (rather than separating it into Lightsaber and Lightsaber Parry), having a high Lightsaber would be more accurate than a bonus to Melee Parry.

Im not sure this is entirely accurate, if you look closely at the hilt (previously blade cause i'm stupid sometimes, lol), it is longer than most lightsabers. I think he was trying to test the waters and wanted to keep the double blade thing a secret for when he really came at them.

And i strictly mean the movie stuff here, not the rules stuff, i don't remember enough of this to make comments on them, and i guess this is kind of a rules thing, but anyway, lol.

Last edited by Jerrod Owex on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed something today while taking these guys down in my notes, Mace Windu has a DSP, which is cool i guess, but if Windu is gonna be given one Qui-Gon should most definitely have one, or a couple I'm not exactly sure how DSPs work in the D6 game, been a LONG time since i read the rules, maybe i should read them again soon, lol.

But the point is that Qui-Gon should have one, he is a VERY gray Jedi, just the fact that he was teaching Anakin in episode 1 some could argue would give him one. Now i want to make it clear that I am NOT saying Qui-GOn is a dark jedi or anything like that.

Last edited by Jerrod Owex on Mon May 13, 2013 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting topic, Jerrod. Certainly Qui-Gon did some morally gray things, but you know, I find the Jedi on the whole to be a pretty manipulative bunch. Obi-Wan lied to Luke's face, then rationalized it as "a certain point of view", and in general we saw the Jedi kind of doing what they want, when they want (like Qui-Gon influencing the dice roll with Watto).
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
...in general we saw the Jedi kind of doing what they want, when they want
But God forbid anyone else do what they want when they want, like marry pretty senators... That's against the rules!

Complete Starship Construction System
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can marry whoever you want as a Jedi, you're just not allowed to love them. No attachments. So, to be a good Jedi, you have to be a crappy spouse and parent.

I think that they had a point that attachment leads to strong emotions which is what the Jedi want to avoid, plus attachment can lead to things like jealousy and hatred if someone ever does anything to the person of interest.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
You can marry whoever you want as a Jedi, you're just not allowed to love them. No attachments. So, to be a good Jedi, you have to be a crappy spouse and parent.
Good point.
Raven Redstar wrote:
I think that they had a point that attachment leads to strong emotions which is what the Jedi want to avoid, plus attachment can lead to things like jealousy and hatred if someone ever does anything to the person of interest.
But Jedi let themselves get attached all the time. It's a strong double standard.

Complete Starship Construction System
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that part, the love and marriage thing, was very poorly done. The secrecy wasn't worth the questionable and debatable morals it implied. Allowing marriage would have served the same purpose for anakin.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across another mistake...

Ki Adi Mundi is listed as a Jedi Knight, when in fact, he was a Master.

That's backed up by Anakin's whiny rant about it not being fair that he was allowed to sit on the Council, but not be a Master, and that it hadn't been done before.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that's not a mistake, Skyler. When I worked on the Decipher CCG, the official word from Lucasfilm (which went into the flavortext on his card) was that he was only a Knight, but was permitted to sit on the Council (and to that point in Episode 1 was the only one to have done so).

That more or less matches what it says on his Wookieepedia entry, too.
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MegaFehr wrote:

Control: ...reduce energy...

Is that supposed to say reduce injury?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Actually that's not a mistake, Skyler. When I worked on the Decipher CCG, the official word from Lucasfilm (which went into the flavortext on his card) was that he was only a Knight, but was permitted to sit on the Council (and to that point in Episode 1 was the only one to have done so).

That more or less matches what it says on his Wookieepedia entry, too.

Hmph. Well, then, it's just one more case of Lucas providing contradictions...and this time, it's not even between the movies and the books. It's all between his own stuff.

Sheesh.

If that's the case, Anakin should have just shut the heck up, because it wasn't unheard of. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: