The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shock Boxing Gloves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Shock Boxing Gloves Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it was me ruling them in our game, my proposal to the players would be along the lines of this, firstly we roll stun damage against stamina anyway rather than strength. So for a start lethal damage is more dangerous even at lower rating than stun damage because you roll against Str attribute rather than Stamina skill for it. That's already a house rule we all came up with ages ago and it works we think very realistically.

So for shock gloves like these we would damage cap and the main consideration isn't PC benefits but some attempt at fictionalised realism for the items. In thinking about a glove that releases an electrical discharge with a glancing blow I'm just not thinking repeater-blaster heavy weapons damage, these gloves don't turn someone's fist into anti-vehicle weapons. I'm thinking maximum: blaster rifle damage.

So personally the way I'd work it is the gloves do 5D energy/electrical damage at the lethal setting, in addition to (not cumulative with) the normal brawling damage.
At the stun setting they do the Str+1D in stun damage, no damage cap but rolled against stamina.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually could see a 6d physical/lethal cap, same with most common powered melee weapons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: