The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kel Intro Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Kel Intro Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman narrows her eyes slightly, but doesn't entirely erase the smile from her face. "That, is something you will have to earn."

At just that moment, the speeder came to a stop and the door to Kel's right hissed open.

"Good luck, Mr. Ang."
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Again, thank you. I will be in contact soon."
He steps out and digs right back in on the task at hand of acquiring a ship. He begins to head towards the used ship lot.

He takes a quick look over his assets, counting the credits that were advanced, making sure to conceal the comlink provided, seeing how his running queries are going and seeing how many more credits may be needed to accomplish his current task.

He plans a route to the ship lot that takes him around so he can try and spot if he is being followed.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel steps out and immediately wishes he were back in the speeder. The air around him wreaked of something horrible, though he couldn't quite place the smell. Off in the distance, two large smoke stacks poured thick, black smoke into the evening sky.

Kel finds himself in a fairly busy part of town. It appeared that the local factories were experiencing a shift change as the sidewalks were full of blue collar workers heading home after a long day of work.

After twenty minutes or so of zig-zagging the blocks around downtown, Kel is fairly certain that no one is following him. With the ship lot looming ahead of him, Kel gets himself situated. He conceals his comlink and does a quick tally of his assets. With the 500 credits he had on hand and the advance he received from the mysterious woman, Kel had 10,500 credits to work with - clearly not enough to buy a ship, but certainly enough for a down payment. At such short notice, Kel wasn't sure he had any access to any other funding...short of calling home for a loan.

A quick glance at his datapad revealed that the scout ship was the better ship in every category, save for weapons.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel goes over his assets to see if he has enough to forge some credentials. If he does he will make some documents prior to entering the lot. If he does not he will go in there and purchase the ship. Either way, he will put on the charm to work the best deal possible. He intends to fly out in the scout ship on his way to the asteroid field and on his way to a large payday.

Once he is done with his current tasks, Kelly will head into the lot.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC - What type of documents did you have in mind? He could perhaps attempt it, but might need a few supplies and would need to spend a few hours to work on them. He thinks he could come up with something passable. The question is whether or not he wants to spend the time. As is, Kel can cover a downpayment and would have to work something out to assure the dealer that he could pay for the rest.)
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC: just something passable, but he does not want to take that long of a time investment)
Upon reviewing his assets and how long it would take to forge some documents Kel feels it will be better to just purchase the ship, time is money and there is a limit on his time.

He paces forward into the lot with his roguish grin imprinted on his face and his charm turned up to the maximum.

As he enters the facility he looks around at the walls and desks looking to see if he can determine best salesman, worst salesman, things like that. He wants to try and use anything gathered from the surroundings to try and narrow with whom he will have the best opportunity to get the best deal.

"Greetings gentle beings!, May I say this is your lucky day. I am in the market for a ship, one that I can use to locate potential prospecting locations and can carry any minerals that I prospect. May we go over your vast inventory to look at potential options?"

Kel glances at the staff to see their reactions, using the information gather from his perusing the office when he walked in along with the reactions of the staff, he will gauge which ones may be possible candidates to take advantage of.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kel walks into the office, he sees three obvious salesmen, and perhaps one other who was either a loan officer or a manager of some kind.

Kel grins wide and announces his intentions, clearly looking like a an easy sale. The manager/loan officer was busy with a customer but quickly nodded at a salesmen off to his left. That guy was dressed well and clearly had a confident air about him. He looked up from his desk with a suave grin and began moving in Kel's direction.

Across the room was a Twi-lek male who was currently on the phone, but waving Kel over.

Just to the left of the door and closest to Kel, was a young human male. His clothes gave away the fact that he did not have a lot of either income or confidence. Kel was almost past him without even realizing he was there. The young man stammered: "G-good afternoon. W-w-welcome to Mazzie's Motor's. Can I help you?"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in an almost boisterous tone
"Ah, good day to you as well my good man. I take it you are the man to talk to about a purchase?"
Kel begins to move towards the young human male.
"Tell me about ships that can be used to prospect systems for minerals and ore. Where do we begin?"
Kel tries to pull a chair around so he can view the computer screen along with the human.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely surprised by this turn of events, the young salesmen quickly tries to get up to shake Kel's hand and offer a greeting. Instead, he manages to spill his caf on the desk.

As Kel pulls up the chair and sets it down next to him, the young man uses his tie to quickly wipe up the spill. With nerves clearly evident in his voice, the man says, "Ah, sorry about that. I'm such a..." His voice trails off as he smiles nervously and asks, "Ok, ahh...ships. Looking for a scout ship you say? I think we have a few on the lot, just give me a minute to bring em up on the screen."

As the kid fumbles with the keypad, the well-dressed salesman approaches and asks Kel, "Can I help you?"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel looks up with a smile
"Thank you good sir, but I think your associate is already on the task. He is pulling up a list of prospects as we speak."

Turning back to the original salesman and with some enthusiasm.
"Very well, let's see what you got on the lot! Once we review your list can we go inspect the top few choices?"

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The salesman frowns and pauses a moment, debating whether or not he wants to press the issue. Another moment later, the salesman walks off.

The younger salesman, clearly excited at the prospect of a sale, quickly brings up a few ships on his screen. Over his shoulder, Kel quickly locates the scout ship he had been eyeing earlier.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in an effort to not sound too eager Kel tells the salesman to begin at the top of the list of prospects and work his way down, making sure to point out which will be his top 3 prospects but concealing his favoritism to the scout he wants.
"Very well, no that you have put together a list lets go over each one. As we go through the list please feel free to highlight which ones your keen insight tells you may be a best fit for my needs. After we go through the list we can go inspect the ones we think are best suited to my needs. How does that sound young man?"

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even as Kel tones down his own excitement, Kel is quickly overwhelmed by the excitement of the young salesman. "That sounds great!" Within minutes, he had selected three ships to take a look at, the scout ship being one of them.
"Excuse me just a second." Without waiting for a reply the salesman dashes off to grab the key codes to get into the three ships he had picked out for Kel to inspect, leaving Kel alone for the moment.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel looks around to see if anyone is paying attention and if not he will try and adjust the price on the scout ship in question lower and possibly type in some comments about bad motivators or junctions shunts or negative power couplings in an effort to help him lower the price.

OOC (lowering the price not by much maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of about 2K - 3K max 5K depending on the circumstances and only if no one is watching him)

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not able to resist the urge to better his circumstances, Kel quickly leans in over the keypad and goes to work. In a matter of seconds, he brings up the scout ship and leans back, as if just patiently waiting for the salesman to return. Kel quickly glances around and notices that the other salesman are either occupied with customers or busy at work. Kel glances back to the screen and attempts to adjust the price of the ship.

A small dialogue box pops up on the screen:

LOGIN TO ACCESS SHIP INFORMATION:
USERNAME: ______________
PASSWORD: ______________
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: