The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Recruit
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> New Recruit Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf watches Anala, showing no outward interest in her skills with a blaster. Inwardly he's impressed that she's not some raw rookiee like he'd often seen often come out of training in the latter years of his first term of service. He writes something on the datapad when she is done with her shooting.

"Very well, the shooting portion of this preformance test is done. Now let's move on to....." Garolf looks down at the datapad. "....melee. Do you have a prefered hand to hand weapon?"

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifting her left leg, she pulls a vibroblade from her boot, "I'm not as good with it as I would like, but I'm comfortable with it." As she speaks, she looks closely at the Shistavanen, looking for anything of value on him, and how its attached to his clothing (Rank bars, medals, etc. Search 6D). My fighting probably isnt going to impress him, I'm going to need to find some other way to impress him.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sometimes being comfortable with a weapon is all one needs as long as they actually know how to use that weapon without being more of a danger to themselves than to their enemies," Garolf states emtionlessly, fingering his own vibrodagger in it's sheath. "Let's go to a gym and have you work on one of the sparring droid. Show me just what you can do with that thing."

Garolf leads Anala to a gym where she can demonstrate what she's capabable of and selects a sparring droid for her to spar with. He sets it up on a level of basic SpecForce training regime, something above what regular NR troops are trained for in hand to hand with a weapon but below where he usually practices at. As he does so he thinks about the fact that he needs to step up his own training regime so as to be better against the Vong.

"Ok, Lt., this droid is ready for you. Show me what you can do with that vibroblade."

(OOC: Vong, Garolf isn't wearing his dress uniform so he's not wearing any medals. Aside from his holstered blaster pistol and sheathed vibrodagger, he'd have his rank insignia and the datapad he's carrying)

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Garolf sets the droid up, Anala subtly slips up near him as it to see what he is doing with the droid (Sneak 6D). While she tries to be as unabtrusive as she can be, she waits for him to turn back towards her, accedently bumping into him in the proccess (Pick Pocket 6D to snag his rank insignia.) "Sorry," She mumbles, looking imberrased to have bumped into him, "Shall we get started?' Reaching for her vibroblade, she moves to approach the sparring droid.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf motions towards the droid.

"It's yours."

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a deep breath, Anala enters a combat stance. As the droid springs to life, it dosnt take long to realize that while she proves hard for the droid to hit, she dosnt land a lot of blows of her own against the droid. After several minutes, she steps back from the droid. Having barely won the match, she looks Garolf in the eye, "I'll be the first to admit, close combat isnt my strong suit," She slides the vibroblade back into her boot before opening her free hand, revealing Garolf's rank insignia, "Fortunately, I have other tallents that make me useful."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Infiltrators were among the most feared of the Alliance's Specforce troops during the war," Garolf says, talking his rank back from Anala with a raised eye. Otherwise he shows no interest in what she did but does enter something into the datapad. "Do you know why? Because they were trained in stealth and hand to hand. They could get into an Imperial instilation and slit the throat of the commander without any of the snowmen being any the wiser there had ever been any wraiths were there. After the wraiths trekspecs were the next stealthiest specs there were. While being able to kill at a distance is prefered, sometimes it's preferable to get in there and rip their throats open with your blade.

"And sometimes your enemy doesn't give you much choice but to go in close. If they disarm you of your blaster then you may find yourself having to use your blade."

Garolf then moves over and grabs some sparring gear. He tosses Anala one set and puts the other on himself.

"And when you're completely unarmed you still have to know how to handle yourself. Let's see what you got kid."

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf notes that her technique with melee weapons is un-refined. She seems to be of a similar skill to Garolf when he first started: running of a fair amount of raw talent with little training. But unlike Garolf, she focused her abilites on other aspects while he spent the time honing his melee abilities.

Anala noticed while walking toward the gym that Garolf has just the smallest limp on his left side when he pivots on his left foot, probably a well healed up war injury.

The duo dons their gear and start a friendly sparring match. Short of attacking the limb, the best that Anala can do is always circle her opponent to the left, forcing him to pivot in that direction more frequently

As the duo spars, Garolf notes that Anala seems to favor moving around to the left, and predicts her movements more easily. He does not really know why she is doing that until after the sparring match is over he remembers an old injury to his left shin over 15 years ago.

While Garolf scores most hits, Anala gets a few hits in - the best one right after Garolf threw a left hook she rolled to the left and Garolf couldnt get his arm over fast enough to block a clean hit to Garolfs ribs. A short while later Garolf throws the same punch as Anala smiles and starts moving to the left, but instead of trying to recover Garolf continues his momentum around sweeping his leg out and taking Analas out from under her before she has a chance to finish her punch. It is obvious to Anala at that point that her tactics of taking to the left more frequently have made her predictable, as Garolf basically swept her without even being able to see where here feet were. From that point on Anala does not favor the left, but gets slightly less blows in, but also takes slightly less blows.

Garolf's assessment of her brawling abilities are very similar to her melee abilities: raw talent. She has enough talent to pass basic training with ease, which may have caused her to neglect working on those abilities in the future. But after seeing her preference to a sniper rifle, he does not blame her as she specializes in long range warfare.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the end of the sparring match, Anala is breathing heavily from the workout, "I'm good at being subtle. I can get my hands on information and items that people think are safe," She gestures at Garolf's rank insignia, "In most cases I can get what I want without the mark knowing that I was ever there." She looks thoughtful as she continues, "But if you think its important that I work on my Melee and Hand-to-Hand, I'll be happy to start spending more time training in the gym." A faint smile touches her lips,"Besides, if I spend time sparing with the other team members, it might help integrate me into the team."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'll let that be your choice," Garolf says, breathing hard. "I'd suggest it, but this was to know what your martial skills were. Know how much, if any you might need someone else on the team to back you up in battle if it comes to that."

Garolf takes of the sparring gear he's wearing and grabs a couple of towels, tossing one to Anala. He then uses his towel to dry off the sweat on his fur. He knows he'll have to hit the showers to get a proper wash job, but for now toweling off the sweat will do.

"Based on you're file I've been in more battles than you've been alive, some of those long enough to earn multiple redbirds for my injuries in. I prefer to reach out and eliminate my target with a blaster, but sometimes that hasn't been an option and I've had to rely on hand to hand skills. I've seen squadmates get killed because of poor hand to hand amongst most of the squad and I'd rather know where you stand so that doesn't happen to you.

"Like you say, sparing might integrate you into the team. Of course you're being female might integrate you into the team with some of the members."

Garolf motions towards his rank before going on.

"Ive also seen officers get greatly upset with the trick you pulled on me and hound the offender or it flat out costs them their career. That may well come in useful on a mission, probably more useful to spooks but still may prove useful to the team. Do I need to know where you learned that? Not exact something they teach in training."

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala struggles, and fails to suppress a coy smile at the mention of the male members of the team, "It all depends on the team, I've known soldiers who had a chip on their shoulder simply because I was a girl who could out shoot them, and I've known others who wanted to be my friend for the same reason. I'd rather avoid close combat if I'm able, but since you think its important, I'll make a point of sceduling more time in the gym." Meeting his gaze as she finishes removing her sparing gear and starts toweling herself off, "I make a point of trying to get a little gym time with the rest of the team too."

Looking at the insignia, "You struck me as someone who would appreciate a demonstration, and I felt the need to make an impression," A thoughtful look crosses her face, "As for where I learned it, lets just say I had an interesting childhood."

Her expression turns serious as she continues, "Given that this is a small unit, I expect that we arent going to be going on many traditional missions?" Her expression suggests that she already knows the answer, and she dosnt wait for a reply before continuing, "I should probably tell you about another potentially useful skill that isnt in your file." She pauses, waiting to see his reaction before continuing.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"An interesting childhood?" Garolf asks, then shakes his head. "Well I suppose we can leave it at that. As for this other useful skill..."

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing him take everything up to this point in stride, "I have some experience forging and identifying forged doccuments." Anala gives Garolf an awkward smile, "Another byproduct of my childhood." She says in explanation.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And you enlisted in the New Republic Armed Forces instead of New Republic Intelligence?" Garolf asks, raising an eyebrow.

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What can I say," Anala gives him her best innocent look, "I knew enough creepy, stalker types already, I really didnt want to spend a bunch of time surrounded by them in the workplace too."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: