The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Recruit
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> New Recruit Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: New Recruit Reply with quote

***** Orders Begin *****
To: Second Lieutenant Anala Sehn
Subject: Posting Orders

Second Lieutenant Sehn,

You are hereby ordered to report to Perconia, aboard the Salve to Major Garolf Kai within 2 weeks. With your most recent clean bill of heath you are being assigned to his squad to assist on his upcoming mission. You are also advised to attempt to train the team on what abilities are most important for infiltration, and assist them in becoming better prepared for their current mission.

May the Force be with you

General Hovegrold.

***** Message Ends *****

***** Message Begins *****
To: Major Garolf Kai, special assignment
Subject: New assignment to your team

Major Kai,

I have assigned a new resource to your team. Second Lieutenant Anala Sehn has recently been cleared by medical to return to duty. You are to integrate her into your team, and utilize her infiltration abilities and knowledge for your upcoming team. I suggest you have her train your team on the basics of infiltration to maximize the chances of success in your upcoming mission. Please see attached datafile with her personnel file. Good luck going behind the Vong lines once again.

General Hovegrold

***** Message Ends *****

ooc: This thread is for Garolf and Anala to have a private meeting before her introduction to the team. Yes, i know the general's comments dont make sense based on your actual mission, but your actual mission has a cover that people know about Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php

Last edited by vong on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala reads her orders a second time, barely suppressing a smile before she refolds the flimsi and slides it into her pocket.

Pulling her datapad from her nightstand, she accesses the local military holonet. It dosnt take her long to realize that the Salve is currently in system. Good to know.

Next she takes a moment to look up the Salve's history, trying to learn what she can about the ship, crew, and its more recent missions. Once she is satisfied that she has learned everything that she can, she turns her attention to Major Garolf Kai to see what she can learn about the man. After she is able to learn everything she can, she begins to pack her belongings.

Twenty minutes later, Anala is on her way to shuttle pad 9, where a small cargo ship is preparing to depart for the Salve. A couple of minutes of flirting, and a coy smile later she finds herself strapped into the co-pilot's seat of battered YT-2400 called Whistler. The transport lurches from the landing pad with a creak and a shudder, the pilot giving Anala a sidelong glance and a cocky grin, "Fastest cargo hauler in the system," he boasts a split second before the ship lets out a deep groan. His cocky smile faltering slightly, he eases back on the controls, causing the ship to make a more leisurely ascent through the atmosphere.

With the Whistler in low orbit, the pilot focuses on the task of flying the ship. Looking out the shuttle's viewport, she sees an old Nebulon-B, the Salve in the distance. Anala's eyes take in the ship, looking for any recent signs of battle damage as she nears her destination.

As the Whistler docks with the much larger ship, Anala instraps her crash harness and gives the pilot a playful wink as she heads for the docking ring to depart.

Once onboard the Slave, Anala asks the first person she sees, "Could you point me in the direction of Major Garolf Kai?"

ooc: I took a couple of liberties in creating a ship for her to ride in on and such since I didnt have a lot to go on with the situation. Hope that's alright.

Last edited by Guardian_A on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group of soldiers which are moving to unload some cargo passes by and Anala grabs one. A young Private who is quite well built salutes Anala "I dont know myself mam, but if you go to any com panel, I am sure that the Communications Officer can connect you to his comlink frequency." Like a good soldier he waits for the officer to dismiss him before heading back to work.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving the young man a friendly smile, "Thank you," she says before heading towards the first com panel she spots. Looking up the number she needs, she keys the number into her comlink.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf's comlink beeps indicating an incoming message

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Major Kai," Garolf absently says, answering his comlink as he reads what's in front of him.

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Major Kai? This is Second Lieutenant Anala Sehn. My orders said to report to you." She simply states.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmmm, yes. I have recieved word that you will be joining this team, Lt. Shen. Very well, report to my office within the next....." Garolf considers where he is aboard the ship for a moment and considers where the hangars are. He has no idea where Anala is at the moment, she could be in the hangars for all he knowns. He calculates about how long it should take to reach the office he's working out of from the hangars and then pads on another five minutes ".....thirty minutes so we may talk."

Garolf gives Anala the deck number, section, and room number of the office before signing off.

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quicly copying the Salve's deckplan to her datapad from the com panel's data port, Anala takes off at a ground eating pace in search of Major Kai's office, intent on shaving at least ten minutes off of the time she has to get there.

Once she arrives, she reaches out and touches the door release. As the door whispers open, she steps inside, coming to attention, she salutes, "Second Lieutenant Anala Sehn, reporting for duty! Sir!" Even as she holds her pose she tries to take in both the room and its occupant.

Last edited by Guardian_A on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The office is a stark office, no personal items are displayed and it seems that multiple officers share this office. She has seen such things before on ships where spaces is a premium. It does not seem that anyone else is present in the office at this time.

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf looks up and waves Anala to a seat without acknowledging the salute.

"There is no one here but us, Lt. And this team is a bit informal, unless there are other's military personnel around."

Garolf waits for her to have a sheet then the Shistavanen pulls out her file.

"Let's see, it says here that you've completed training as a sniper and an infiltrator. Might I ask who your instructors were?"

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking the offered chair, Anala spends a futile moment trying to get comfortable on the small chair, "If you check my file, you'll see that my basic training was on Coruscant under Sgt Evrecht. During training, someone realized that I knew which end of the blaster to point at the enemy and that I could smile real pretty," She shoots the Shistavanen a little smile, knowing that her charm has always worked much better on other humans than it ever has on aliens, "So I was transfered to a more specialized facility for sniper training under Captain Precre. Once that was complete, they moved me off planet," She looks thoughtful for a moment, "where I was trained for Infiltration. I had multiple instructors for that stage of my training." She meets Major Kai's gaze evenly as she waits for his response.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmmm, I see," Garolf replies, sounding a bit indifferent. It's more a bit of a pleastantry for him, asking about training. "Sniper and infiltrator training, that's more along the lines of Specforces training. Always useful."

Then he looks back over the file.

"Now let's see, from training you were transfered to the 87th Recon Division where you completed your first TOD according to your file. Anything special there, beyond your promotion for dedication to duty and skill in the field? Earn any red birds or any commendations?"

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala's expression darkens at mention of her previous tour of duty, "My first tour of duty was pretty uneventful, just pirate hunting out on the fringe." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, I've got to talk about it some time, might as well get it over with, "On our way home, we received a distress signal from a nearby planet. Our little task force dropped out of hyperspace right on top of a Vong fleet." She swallows hard, "The team I was with was one of the few that had time to launch, I'm not even sure if anyone else made it to the planet. By the time our 10 man team was able to recon the area, there were only three of us left." Her expression darkens further, taking on a haunted look, "When the releif force arrived, it was just me." She squeezes her eyes shut as she takes another deep breath and holds it for several seconds. Letting it out slowly, she meets Major Kai's gaze again. Her expression focused and determined.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The only one left alive?" Garolf asks, noting the look on her face. He tries to maintain a neutral expression but it's hard to do as he thinks back to just surviving the recent battle. The Vong seem to have little regard for life, probably even less for death. "How much did it cost the scarheads? And were you able to shuttle the dead?"

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: