The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Parallel Story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Parallel Story Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the only thing the main book says on that subject is that players with 1D in a force skill start with at least 1 power. But, it is up to GM's discretion.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 2nd Ed. rulebook, it says the following. Granted, this covers individuals who study after character creation, but as far as how many powers one gets, I believe it to be relevant:

"It takes a student ten weeks of intensive study and 20 Character Points to learn each Force skill. The character may reduce the time by spending additional Character Points-- each point reduces the time by one day (the minimum training time is one day). Once the character has completed the training, the character gains the specific skill at 1D.

The character often gains some rudimentary abilities, and learns three of the Jedi powers for that skill." (Page 146)

I haven't found anything specifying purchasing skill above 1D, either at creation or beyond. I'll have to ask some good GMs I know and see if they know where there is a reference to it.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dosnt really go into detail as to the original character creation does it? But it looks like a decent place to start.

I had a few minutes on my hands this morning, so I took the time to read "The Force" chapter in detail. Here is what I came up with:

2nd edition R&E (p140):

"Learning a Force skill requires one week of intensive study and costs 10 Character Points (The training time may be reduced one day per additional Character Point spent; the minimum training time is one day.)
The character gets the skill at 1D (The character is also taught one Force power pertaining to the skill; see"Force Powers.")"

"To improve a Force skill by one pip costs a number of Character Points equal to the current number before the "D." Double the Character Point cost without a teacher."

2nd ed R&E (p141):

"When a character first learns a Force skill, the teacher also teaches one Force power pertaining to that skill.
A character may be taught a new power each time a Force skill is improved by one pip."

With all of that said, I'm going to change a couple of things to hopefully simplify everything and to keep things in line with what I am envisioning.

Character Creation rules:
-Nearly any alien race should be acceptable. Races that have a natural immunity to the force and races who are known to have joined the galactic community later in the timeline are the only exceptions I can think of. (Hutts, Ssi-Ruuk, & Vong come to mind.)
-No Force Ability may be over 2D at character creation.
-1D in a Force Ability gains you one Force Power, for each additional pip spent on Force Abilities gains you one additional Force Power. No Force Power may be taken that will generate a Dark Side point with use.
-All gear from the Tales of the Jedi Companion, or the Knights of the Old Republic conversion should be acceptable. Other items are negotiable.

Attribute Dice: 18D (To be spent on Attributes only)
Skill Dice: 7D (To be spent on Skills only, you may choose to use 1D for Specialties)
Force Dice: 4D (To be spent on force ability only.)

Unless you guys can see something that I've missed, we'll go with that I have posted above.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have little doubt that we will be able to snag another player or two before we get started, so I went a head and asked to have a new forum set up for this game. Hopefully we can get everything ready to go and get the game started in another week or so.

The new story will be called: Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I'll wait and post my finished character when the forum is set up. Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Zela
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the forums and saw this PBP. Sounds interesting. I have a character I created for another game but was only able to play her once. I've always wanted to play her again and perhaps this PBP is the place to do so. I'll send you a PM with the details.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, Zela!

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. We've always got room for one more!

PM incoming.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else making characters, I just wanted to let you know that I'm playing a tech-retarted Jedi Shadow. Smile That is all!

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Zela! A pleasure to make your acquaintance! Looking forward to running with you.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty then! Got my character approved. Here he is:

CHARACTER NAME: Gryphon Kyrk
TEMPLATE TYPE: Jedi Battle Master
SPECIES/GENDER: Human male
AGE: 17 HEIGHT: 6’3” WEIGHT: 230 Character Points: 5 Force Points: 2 This character is Force Sensitive

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Gryphon is a very tall human male with broad shoulders, highly muscular build, and chiseled features. He has long, thick blue-black hair that he often wears pulled back or in a pony tail and deeply penetrating green eyes. Besides his size, Gryphon is known for the black and green robes he wears, a nod to his Corellian heritage.

DEXTERITY 4D
Blasters
Brawling Parry
Dodge 5D
Lightsaber 6D *Forms: Form I (Shii-Cho), Form X (Jar’Kai)
Melee Combat Specialization: Staff Weapons 5D
Melee Parry
Pulse Wave Weapons
Thrown Weapons

KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien Species
Bureaucracy
Cultures
Intimidation
Languages
Law Enforcement
Scholar Specialization: Jedi Lore 4D
Streetwise
Willpower

MECHANICAL 2D
Communications
Repulsorlift Operations

PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain
Command
Con
Hide
Investigation
Persuasion
Search
Sneak

STRENGTH 4D
Brawling 6D Specialization: Martial Arts 7D
Climbing/Jumping
Lifting
Stamina 5D
Swimming

TECHNICAL 2D
Computer Programming/Repair
Demolitions
Droid Programming/Repair
First Aid
Lightsaber Crafting/Repair
Lightsaber Remote Crafting/Repair
Security

CONTROL 2D
SENSE 2D

FORCE POWERS:
Control: Absorb/Dissipate Energy, Concentration, Enhance Attribute
Sense: Danger Sense, Life Detection, Magnify Senses
Control + Sense: Lightsaber Combat

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Ambidextrous. Gryphon can use either hand equally well, suffering no off-hand penalties.

BACKGROUND: Gryphon Kyrk is not a typical Jedi. Although fairly well-versed in the lore and traditions of the ancient Order, he tends to do many things on his own terms. One example is his attire; the vast majority of Jedi wear robes in shades of brown and tan. Gryphon, however, wears black and green robes, as did the Corellian Jedi of ages past.
Another example of how Gryphon differs from the majority of the Order is that he was born a Battle Master. While all Jedi learn combat with lightsabers and other weapons, there are some who truly excel at it, as though they were born with weapons in their hands. These Jedi actually have not only a natural affinity for combat, but actually tend to revel in it. A razor-fine line between the light and dark sides of the Force is where they live, for deriving too much enjoyment from battle is a sure way for a Jedi to fall right into the embrace of the dark side.

Even among Battle Masters, Gryphon stands out. He excels at every method of combat he has attempted or been taught. Amazing his instructors from a very early age, the main focus of Gryphon’s training was combat. While it has left him lacking in Force skills, it has adequately prepared him to protect himself in the field while his Master continues to teach him to understand the Force. The Masters at the Academy also focused a good bit of his study time on Jedi lore, to ensure that young Gryphon truly understood how dangerously easy was the pull of the dark side.

Unfortunately for the Jedi, the war with the Sith has been so brutal and decimating to their numbers that they have deemed it necessary to rush Padawans through their training, sending them off into the galaxy much, much sooner than they otherwise would.

Gryphon is one of these newly-minted Knights; having only been promoted a couple days ago, he has no idea what lies ahead of him and his fellow Knights.

EQUIPMENT
Utility belt, Jedi robes (black and green), Black hooded cloak, green vest, several hundred credits, Syntherope, Grapple-Mags, Combat harness (has ten pouches for various equipment, connects to utility belt through loops at the bottom of the harness), removable shoulder holster for pulse-wave weapon or blaster, glowrod

WEAPONS: 2 adjustable-length lightsabers (5D damage, green blades),
Three Throwing Knives (STR+1D damage, maximum of 6D each)
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word yet on when we'll have our own section?

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell Damar wrote:
Any word yet on when we'll have our own section?

I still havent heard back from Loc Taal yet about getting a forum set up, and I dont know of anyone else around here who has the authority to add a new forum. I plan to try sending him another message in a few minutes just in case he missed the first one.

If we dont hear anything by this weekend, I'll consider setting the game up in the forum the current game takes place in, at least temporarily.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrawprin is also an admin for the site; he can add forums.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Scrawprin is also an admin for the site; he can add forums.

Thanks, just sent him a message. (I hadn't realized that he was still active in any capacity.)

Hopefully we can get things set up soon so we can get this story started. (Should take 4-6 days to get started once a forum is set up.)

I'm going to start things off by creating two threads once a forum is set up. One will be a place to post everyone's characters (So we have them all in one convenient place.) And the other is going to be "Jedi Temple: Training Grounds" where everyone can interact in-character if they want to while I finish getting things ready to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: