The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Trial
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> The Trial Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny considers this for a few moments before hesitantly asking "Ffo combat fflavery then?"

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she replies "Not slavery of course. You wont be a fighter in an arena. You can always choose jail time, but most consider probation a better option. In this case your probation will probably include combat. The choice of what you want me to fight for is of course yours Tiny. If you wish to go back to jail it will make my job much easier, but I am willing to fight if you are"

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny moves away from the speaker fingering his stump as he thinks.

I could just go back to jail, sit out this war with three meals a day and none of those crazy Vong and their living weapons. It'd be easy, I could just pick fights I'd win and go back to gambling and waiting out my time.

His fingers stop and his brow furrows as another thought occurs to him.

Hrarr can't just go back to the easy life though. He did everything he could to help even though he was so little and squishy.

Tiny returns to the speaker. "Can I ffpeak to Rownn pleaffe?"

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she says "Rownn is here, he can hear you and you can hear him" as she tilts the camera to show the team assembled in the room.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn roars an affirmative.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny shuffles his hooves for a moment, unsure he wants the rest of the team to hear this. After steeling himself for a moment he proceeds anyway.

"I could jufft go back to priffon, that would be eaffy. I waff good at being in priffon. Fighting the Vong iff hard... I don't... I can't jufft... Why are you fighting?"

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn's brows rise marginally with the question, inwardly pleased with its asking. He leans back in his seat, looking at the image of Tiny on the screen for several moments considering the question before responding.

"Master Rownn warns that things are no longer the same as they had been, Master Tiny. The manifestation of the Dark Side on the field has forever changed things for you."

Rownn collects thoughts on the simple, yet extremely complex question the Esoomian asked, "Master Rownn agrees that fighting the Vong is certainly not easy. Fighting never really is. Sometimes it seems like the easy way out, but there is always a price." He thinks a moment a continues, "He has always fought, much as you have, Master Tiny, but, since discovering his connection to the Force, he has had to reevaluate his behaviour and reasons for fighting, more carefully choosing when to fight and when to not. Since discovering his connection to the Force, Master Rownn says that his reason for fighting has become to protect others, an obligation towards the well being of other beings, of life. The battle with the Vong invasion is an extension of this. The Yuuzhan Vong seem to be intent on pain, destruction and subjugation of other beings. To this end, it would it is not only right to oppose them, but it would be unethical to turn his back and take the easy way out, keeping himself safe. In this case, it is an ethical responsibility, a duty, to oppose the invaders. To avoid the fight is to invite darkness, pain and suffering."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny's brow furrows as he contemplates the droid's paraphrasing of Rownn's words, running them through his mind several times in an attempt to understand what the Jedi is trying to say.

"Not fighting iff bad becauffe the Vong are bad and fighting them makeff uff good?"

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn purses his lips as he thinks, "Master Rownn says that is not quite right, but, is close enough for now. He also says that there are many ways to fight against an adversary, aside from striking them."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny nods, the explanation feeding into his next question. He looks around at the rest of the team on the viewscreen, silently willing them to busy themselves with something else.

"I... The Vong are too fftrong, they're not afraid of me and I can't jufft cleave through them without The Hammer I'm not real good at working in a team, look at what happened to Hrarr. Am I going to be any uffe at all?"

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods, "Master Rownn says that you won't be able to go on as you have in the past, and it will be hard. If you are going to be fighting the Vong, it will require different strategies than you've used in the past, but that can be said for almost any action you may take in the future. Life is going to require a new perspective."

Rownn thinks for a moment, "Master Rownn says that he almost died both times you have encountered the Yuuzhan Vong. They are powerful, perhaps a greater threat than any we have faced before. We are all having to learn new ways of approaching opponents with the Vong. He says whether or not you will be of any use will come down to you and your ability to adapt to these new challenges. While only you can determine this, Master Rownn says that he, and likely the others, will be there to help you succeed."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny nods still looking worried. "Can I get ffomething to write with?" He says addressing his lawyer again.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She replies "Probably not, but you can dictate and I can write down. What do you need to write?"

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny sighs "Don't know, I gotta make a ffpeach don't I? I waff going to work on it."

OOC: The writing material isn't hugely important but I just wanted Tiny to have some method of taking his time and making a speach that was resonably passible despite his lack of education. A discussion with his lawyer will probably work much better as she can help him with what to say and point out when he might be going off topic.

Do we want to roleplay out the whole creation of the speach here or should I just do it via PM so we're not spamming this thread/holding everyone up.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn pipes up. "Tiny, while you need to know this is not going to be easy, you also need to know that, should you decide you want to stay and work with us, you won't be alone. If we're to be a team, then we all need to be working to help each other strengthen and improve. It's our job to make sure you succeed, just as it's your job to help each of us do the same. In prison, though, you will indeed be alone. You will still have to fight; there will always be individuals or groups who want the prestige of taking you down, because they'll see you as the biggest and strongest.

"You'll have to fight with us, too. But you'll never have to do it alone."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: