The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Trial
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> The Trial Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"During my retirement I wrote a number of datafiles on battles Between the Alliance, then later the New Republic, and the forces of the Empire and Imperial warlords," Garolf pipes up. It has nothing to do with the case against Tiny so it seems Garolf has lost his mind. But he goes on. "None of the datafiles were on battles I took part in so I had no first hand knowledge of the battles but had to do research into the battles. As long as it's not something only a Jedi can possibly read, I could maybe aid in the research of these tales, Rownn."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You make a good point, Rownn," Zinn says. "I would rather hope Tiny was overcome by the dark side, rather than having opened up to it. You could chalk my choice of words up to my lack of experience and teaching in that regard, but the point is well-taken.

"Have you contacted Master Skywalker, or anyone at the Jedi Academy, about this yet?"
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She allows Rownn to respond before saying "It does seem like the group wishes to go forward with this defense. If you would all please take the next few days to prepare a speech indicating both your opinion on what should be done with Tiny, and you willingness to have him re-join your team that would be appreciated. Of course I will be available for any suggestions and help you require. I will prepare my defense accordingly. If you would all dress like Garolf here for the trial itself, that would be appreciated. Those who do not wish to co-operate and write a speech please let me know in the next 24 hours in private. Does anyone have any further questions?"

ooc: Hopefully Rownn will be able to post his response to Zinn this afternoon

ooc: What is going to happen here - any questions feel free to post them here, once everyone posts a "Submits his/her speech to the lawyer for review" I will start the Trial scene. I will call upon each PC to present their speech, then summarize the lawyers argument (I dont want to write pages of me talking to myself) and then sentence Tiny. The strength of your speeches will help dictate the outcome of the trail.

Dont post your speeches until the trial starts, if you do want GM suggestions, please PM to me your questions / concerns. the "Submits his/her speech to the lawyer for review" is the ic way of saying "I have no more questions, lets fast track some time and decide the party member's fate"

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
"You make a good point, Rownn," Zinn says. "I would rather hope Tiny was overcome by the dark side, rather than having opened up to it. You could chalk my choice of words up to my lack of experience and teaching in that regard, but the point is well-taken.

"Have you contacted Master Skywalker, or anyone at the Jedi Academy, about this yet?"

The wookiee responds, "Master Rownn indicates that he has been in contact with Master Skywalker, and he was reminded of an incident he dealt with previously on Yavin, but that another Master may be assigned to investigate further. We'll have to wait for more."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who will be presiding over this trial?" Garolf asks. "Name, species, rank if any, and might they already be prejudist against Tiny."

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She flips through her notes and says "General Hallis Leevold, Human." then continues "As for prejudice, I am not sure. While Tiny did not kill any military Forces, he seemed to use the Dark Side of the Force to do so. Everyone still remembers Palpatine so he may have some prejudice against that."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, only too well," Garolf says with a moan. "I was a part of the commando assault forces under Generals Antilles and Callrissian in the attack on his citadel on Byss during his return. With those X-1 Vipers thought we finally had him. Until they unleashed those chrysalis beast monsters of his. Thought we were dead. Thank the Force those smugglers were there to rescue the survivors of the mission. Have since heard it said the son of a Sith used the dark side to mutate rancors into those things. Terrible thought.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do about a speech. Give me a few hours, probably three quarters of a day at most."

(OOC: does Garolf know anything about Leevold)

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn nods. "I'll put something together if you need it. I'm no wordsmith, but I can write something up."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you Garolf" she says and turns to Zinn and says "It does not have to be a perfect speech, but your opinions may sway a judge. If the whole team thinks that Tiny should go back to prison then that will most likely be the outcome, but if the whole team thinks that Tiny should remain with the team and Tiny seems remorseful then you may get a more favorable outcome. As long as it is truthful."

ooc: Garolf has not heard of the man before, he does not normally pay attention to the legal systems.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny presses his intercom button to allow him to communicate. (Or just asks the question if no button is required.

"Ffo what doeff thiff mean? If the trial goeff well then what?"

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She replies "There is no way of telling for sure what the outcome could be. The best you can hope for is to be re-assigned to the team on strict probation. The worst will be the death penalty. The strength of your testimony, psych evaluation, and your teams testimony will be the main factors in the Judges placement of your punishment on that spectrum. Your best bet is to do some serious thinking about how you feel about both your team, and what happened down there. You will be asked many hard questions that there will be no easy answer to."

ooc: no intercom button is needed, but the Lawyers side has a "disconnect / mute" button that she can press to cut you off at any time.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny frowns thinking about about the possibilities.

"What does fftrict probation mean?"

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She replies "It varies from person to person, but there can be a limit on what weapons you can use, no say on where you live, a curfew or bedtime, one minor step out of line and a word from your Parole Officer and its back to jail for good. Basically a long period that you have to be on your best behavior to prove you are trying to better your self and your ways."

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny thinks about this for some time "Ffo community ffervice then?"

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She replies patiently "Perhaps, It could be your community service will be forced military service. I doubt it would be anything as light as garbage duty."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: