The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for Gozanti Cruiser Deckplans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Looking for Gozanti Cruiser Deckplans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R2D2fan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Looking for Gozanti Cruiser Deckplans Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone could help me find a deckplan of a Gozanti Cruiser.

Thanks

R2D2fan
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonial Chrome to the rescue:

http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/ShipImages/Generic/G_CEC_Gozanti_SL.PNG

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find. (I was looking for it myself when I saw that you had already found it.)

Most of the deckplans I've ever stumbled across can be found on either Colonial Chrome, or Deckplan Alliance. If you cant find a deckplan at one of those places, odds are pretty good that you're out of luck.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just assumed that he didn't have it. Though, I see now he's had it since 3/17/2009. I found it just by typing in Gozanti into Google images.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term hygiene "pod" somehow implies to the shadowy parts of my mind that it's ejectable. Maybe for Hutts and Ugor...

Complete Starship Construction System
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to compare, but Colonial seems to be down...

Heres one I found..
http://tattooedhobbit.deviantart.com/art/Gozanti-Cruiser-342682871

He has made the ship bigger though, claiming that you cant fit all that stuff in only 40+ meters.. (which was why I wanted to compare).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

Heres one I found..

He has made the ship bigger though, claiming that you cant fit all that stuff in only 40+ meters.. (which was why I wanted to compare).

Anything is better than the Admiral's work. Sometimes I wonder if he does deckplans with his eyes closed for an artistic challenge.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Heres one I found..

Anything is better than the Admiral's work. Sometimes I wonder if he does deckplans with his eyes closed for an artistic challenge.

Haha, Im not a fan... (Look at my signature)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I know. In fact, my first thought when I saw Colonial Chrome was down was, "I think I hear ZzaphodD laughing."

Leon The Lion
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of his avatar, I always picture ZzaphoD as laughing. ^_^

But out of curiosity, what do you find so objectionable about the "Admiral's" work? I also personally dislike the man himself immensly, based on his observed 'net behaviour and attitude. But his deckplans I found generally OK. I often don't agree with his exact design choices, and find the scale he uses wierd, but those are his prerogatives as an artist/designer and gamer, however big an a-hole he is about it. Other than that, I find his work at least adequate, and good "food for thought" and starting point for my own interpretations.
- Tom Lehrer
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon The Lion wrote:

But out of curiosity, what do you find so objectionable about the "Admiral's" work? I also personally dislike the man himself immensly, based on his observed 'net behaviour and attitude. But his deckplans I found generally OK. I often don't agree with his exact design choices, and find the scale he uses wierd, but those are his prerogatives as an artist/designer and gamer, however big an a-hole he is about it. Other than that, I find his work at least adequate, and good "food for thought" and starting point for my own interpretations.

Well, apart from his attitude, I personally have very high standards when it comes to deck plans. Although I freely admit that I don't have much in the way of artistic talent, I have an eye for detail when it comes to things like deckplan art. I automatically start looking for obvious violations of the third dimension, blatant extravagances that go against the purpose of a ship, obviously undersized ship systems, little details like the absence of escape pods, etc. Viewed from that perspective, I've find the Admiral's work to be very hit and miss, as he seems to go for a quantity over quality approach. I much prefer the work of someone like Frank Bonura or the Deckplan Alliance, whose websites have a handful of very high quality, well-thought out deckplans, as opposed to a mass amount of deckplans of questionable quality. Some of his work is good, but his work is not consistent enough that I know I can depend on it to be accurate enough to meet my standards. If his work provides you with inspiration, more power to you; after seeing your deckplans for the Baudo staryacht, I'd love to see both your current deck plan portfolio and any future updates. But his work just doesn't...work for me.

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon The Lion wrote:

For me its purely attitude. As I wont be bothered to make deck plans at all, Im very cautious about critisizing others work*. If you are asked a simple question and feel that you have to be rude and full of condeming because the question was about 'the competitions' (his choice of words) deck plans, youre really too full of yourself and should get a life... Laughing

*Edit: Apart from undersized engines of course... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: