The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

RancorPitBooks is looking for a few good Cantinas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> RancorPitBooks is looking for a few good Cantinas! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd love to see what you have.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small update. This project has been moving along at a snail's pace recently. But on the up side, things are starting to pick up. I'll be sure to post another little update when we have a little more progress to show.

PS: Additional Cantinas are still welcome!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New submissions are still welcome! I think that the cut off date will probably be some time early next year.

Another establishment that I completed:

Grogg’s Gut Truck
-History:
Grogg was a strange child, . . . For a Hutt. Diagnosed early in life with a social disorder. Instead of being obsessed with power like other Hutts, he became obsessed with food. As a young adult, he found his way to Coruscant where he worked at a café until he had enough money to start a business of his own. With a cheap truck stocked to the gills with food, he set out to serve the best food he could make to anyone looking for a good meal. Many of the people of Coruscant believe that Grogg’s Gut Truck is a myth, but those who have been fortunate enough to encounter the decrepit gut truck have sworn that they had one of the best meals of their lives.

Grogg’s Gut Truck can be found almost anywhere. Sometimes it will show up at a workplace or market for a few hours, other times it will set in the same place for several days. There is no rhyme or reason to where the truck will be found. One day it will be in a grungy, low class neighborhood, the next it might be found in a high class high-rise district. No matter where it goes, the smell of delicious food draws large crowds.

-Inside:
Grogg’s Gut Truck is a dingy, unclean looking vehicle, its interior is dominated by the massive Grogg the Hutt. The large hutt can barely move inside the vehicle as he cheerily goes about the process of making food for his patrons.

-Staff:
Grogg the Hutt
Race: Hutt
DEX: 1D
Pick Pocket 4D+1
KNO: 5D
Alien Species 5D+2, , Business 7D, Culinary Arts 7D+1, Languages 5D+1, Willpower 6D
MEC: 2D
Ground Vehicle Operation 3D
PER: 3D
Bargain 4D, Cleaning 3D+1, Con 4D+1, Persuasion 4D, Search 4D
STR: 2D
TEC: 1D
Special Abilities:
Force Resistance
Move: 1

Grogg is a gushingly friendly hutt who never stops talking unless he is eating something. And if he is talking, odds are pretty good that he’s talking about food.

Lady
Type: WA-7 Wheeled Server Droid
DEX: 1D
KNO: 2D
Alien Species 4D, Cultures 4D+2, Streetwise 3D+2, Value 3D+1, Willpower 3D+2
MEC: 1D
PER: 3D
Con 4D+2, Investigation 4D+2, Persuasion 4D+1, Search 3D+2
STR: 1D
TEC: 1D
Computer Program/Repair 2D
Equipped With:
-Order Transmitter (Transmits orders automatically to the kitchen)
-Repulsor Stabilizer (+2D to any rolls involving the droid’s balance)
-Vocabulator
Move: 10

Lady isn’t a typical WA-7 droid. While she has the bubbly personality common of the WA-7 series of droids, she also has an aggressively flirtatious nature that surprises many of the people who encounter her. Individuals who flirt back instantly become her favorites.

-Vehicles:
Craft: Grogg’s Gut Truck
Type: Ground Vehicle
Scale: Speeder
Length: 13.5 Meters
Skill: Ground Vehicle Operation
Crew: 1 Driver, 1 Cook, 1 Server
Passengers: 0
Cargo Capacity: 1.25 Metric Tons (Refrigerated)
Cover: Full (Except for one side that can flip up, it is 1/2)
Altitude Range: Ground
Cost: Unique vehicle, not for sale.
Maneuverability: 0D
Move: 85; 245 km/h
Body Strength: 2D
Special Rules:
Junk: Grogg’s Gut Truck is in very poor repair. At the beginning of each day, roll 1D. On a 1-3, the truck runs fine. On a 4-5, a major piece of equipment in the kitchen is on the fritz all day. On a 6, the truck breaks down for a large part of the day.

-Adventure Seeds: A few adventure ideas seeded throughout the section (About a paragraph for each idea)
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw this project I had an idea of making a SW version of Cowboy Fengs Space Bar and Grille, which is a bar in a book (same title) by Steven Brust. While the book is not one of his best, his books about Vlad being those, I really liked the concept. In the book the bar 'teleports' to different places (and ages IIRC) that are about to get hit by a nuclear strike in the near future.

I was thinking of having a spacer (Feng) own a ship/bar that he moves from place to place (no connection to the death star blowing stuff up though..). I had some further plot ideas but never got around to writing them down...

Book blurb: Cowboy Feng’s Space Bar and Grille serves the best matzoh ball soup in the Galaxy, and hires some of the best musicians you’ll ever hear. It’s a great place to visit, but it tends to move around—just one step ahead of whatever mysterious conspiracy is reducing whole worlds to radioactive ash. And Cowboy Feng's may be humanity's last hope for survival.

If you cut the radioactive ash and last hope for survival part and exchange it for some other reason (conspiracy) for moving around I really like the idea..

Also, perhaps Cowboy should be replaced with Spacer..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: