The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi training remote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Jedi training remote Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Jedi training remote Reply with quote

O.k. was pretty sure I had seen, in one of my official WEG books no less, not only stats for the Jedi training remote, but for using it in force training. So for the last couple hours I have been flipping through my books fruitlessly trying to find them again as referrence. I am coming up empty, and so are my online searches.

Does anyone know if such stats really existed, or am I simply mad? If they did exist, could someone let me know which book they were in?
Jachra
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I remembered something from the later d20 material that was like that, but I don't have the books handy.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jachra wrote:
I thought I remembered something from the later d20 material that was like that, but I don't have the books handy.

Yes, it's "out there" for D20, but I am fairly possitive I saw it in an official D6 book as well. With my luck it's one of my books that has since come up missing (probably the Movie Trilogy Special Edition book).
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Gry Sarth's Droids Stats fan book on page 93. In it, it lists the source documents as the Power of the Jedi source book (pages 57-58), and the Hero’s Guide (page 154).
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that, if we're tlaking about the device seen in ANH and AOTC, up until Lucas pointlessly retconned it in AOTC, it was a Blaster training remote- one of Han's aboard the Falcon, as was the helmet with the balst shield- the idea being that Obi-wan was improvising tests out of whatever materials were on hand. It was until the 2000s that Lucas got the silly idea that it was apparently standardized Jedi gear... I guess Obi-wan must've gone back to get it from his house after Luke agreed to come along to Alderaan...? Smile

So, the books might've had rules for how to re-stage Obi-wan's testing, but if you're having trouble finding it under 'Jedi Training Remote,' it might just be because up 'till AOTC, it wasn't a Jedi device (and in my head, still isn't. Wink ) So, it might be listed under something like Smuggler/Blaster Training Remote, with a sidebar explaining rules for Jedi conversion?

Hard core OT, all the way!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no luck. I am certain it was before it was retconned officially (in fact I have always heard the called, and called the training remotes).
I do recall there being other Jedi excersise for Telekinesis in the book as well, and I can't find any of that now. I am baffled. The logical book choices I thought to find these rules I am now certain exist do not have them (Tales of the Jedi, Jedi Accademy, Galaxy Guide 1). I know there are official WEG rules in one of their books with Jedi Excersises and I am positive it mentioned these remotes too...just can not remember what book, of find it now.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 47 of GG 9: Fragments from the Rim
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Page 47 of GG 9: Fragments from the Rim

Ok, now I know I'm not going mad.
Just as I thought, that's one of my unaccounted for books too. My luck.
At least now I know where the information is though.
Thank You.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 47 in GG9 goes over the latter portion of the Correlian brotherhood, the Zergian slaver's guild, the Lantillian spacer's brotherhood and the Ithorian Trade guild.

While its chap 10 has great info on force training cadences, there is no mention of remotes.

Though it did remind me how low in force powers Inquisitor Tremalaine is...
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Page 47 in GG9 goes over the latter portion of the Correlian brotherhood, the Zergian slaver's guild, the Lantillian spacer's brotherhood and the Ithorian Trade guild.

While its chap 10 has great info on force training cadences, there is no mention of remotes.

Though it did remind me how low in force powers Inquisitor Tremalaine is...

While my actual book is missing, let's say I found a reference, it is hidden there among the cadences. I think Cheshire meant page 74, as that's where I am seeing it, bottom of the page, titled "the Remote"
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... yeah, I transposed the two numbers. Being really tired and having a massive headache apparently do not improve my typing skills.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i see there is it says

Most remotes contain an on-board processor that allows it to perform under its own power, and can have anything from 2d to 6d in stunner and/or dodge. The bolts it fires can likewise be set to do from 1d to 3d stun damage. The Globe may be set to have 1d to 7d strength for damage resistance purposes.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
All i see there is it says

Most remotes contain an on-board processor that allows it to perform under its own power, and can have anything from 2d to 6d in stunner and/or dodge. The bolts it fires can likewise be set to do from 1d to 3d stun damage. The Globe may be set to have 1d to 7d strength for damage resistance purposes.

It is pretty sparse, and does mention that the goal is to reflect the bolts back to disable the remote. I had thought there was more, but I was mistaken.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which makes no sense, since stun bolts do not affect droids.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Which makes no sense, since stun bolts do not affect droids.

Yes, more elaboration would have been nice. I am going to go out on a limb as a Game Master and make some asumptions and additions for my purposes (heck, I practicly have too) - one is to asume the bolts don't "affect" the droid, so much as the droid registers the hit for purposes of scoring the Jedi's performance. Since the "strength" of the droid can be programmed, I am going to asume this is not real strenght, but the programmed difficulty level at which enough registered hits would end the excersize. Should a Jedi actually take a swing at the remote, I will simply assign it a 2D defense as per equipment, and the Jedi's master will be most displeased.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: