The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

a d6 Holocron question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> a d6 Holocron question Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
director_slayton
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: a d6 Holocron question Reply with quote

Hi, please pardon the question but what is the current status of the d6 Holocron wiki site, I noticed that it went down for a week then went back up and is now down again?
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for current news and updates look here, its the facebook page for the D6holocron.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/141985546956/

BSDOblivion is trying to fix some spamming/security issues, make the site go faster, and make it prettier.

-thedemonapostle

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
director_slayton
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSD doesn't need to make it prettier, it's pretty enough as is!! Wink

I was just curious because it's one of the sites that I use the most for my star wars game.
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must admit i kinda dropped the ball on informing the rancor pit on the issues i have had with the holocron. im really kinda bad with keeping up on forums as its always been just too much for a guy like me to keep track of.

the servers that hold the site managed to get overloaded by activity and since i use a service to house this site they cut me off due to the overload. pretty much the site crashed the server. the cause was the combination of users mixed in with the huge amount of spam bots that keep attacking the pages. this would not be too big of a deal it is wasnt for the fact that my home machine died on me and i have not been able to order a new machine yet due to even more issues im not going to go into right now. at this time im hoping to have the pages back up again within the next 2 weeks, and yes that is the best i can give on the etr of the problem. could be less and could be more.
i really am sorry that the site had to go down on you all as i have loved the fact that the library has been used by so many people that i had no idea still showed interest and played this game. also never thought that so many bots and attacks would come thru to the site being how small i always thought we all were. guess the d6 crowd is bigger than i originally thunk.
so, i do hope to have the pages back in a short time to allow all to access its pages of information again and get some vid conferencing going for all the holocron users to meet, greet, confer, and scream at each other after that. along with a ton of other options im looking into (the forum idea not being one as the rancor pit covers that and i dont like stepping on toes).
i will try and keep attention to this forum for now especially and have a few others watching to give updates as we have them. until then keep an eye out for Darth Lucas, and may the force be with you. (lord knows in need it with me right now)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i like pretty, i was thinking either sith red or my little pony pink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, good sir, for the update, and for all your work on the Holocron. If D6 gamers take over the world, your name will not be forgotten.

Complete Starship Construction System
Orion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Thank you, good sir, for the update, and for all your work on the Holocron. If D6 gamers take over the world, your name will not be forgotten.
Don't you mean when... Twisted Evil
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orion wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:
I wasn't sure we'd decided to, yet.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Orion wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:
I wasn't sure we'd decided to, yet.

It will never happen, because we will never entirely agree on the specific method used to take over.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Case in point, we have yet to organize the artillery batteries. The main problem is we can't seem to agree on which canon to use.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Exactly!

Orion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing clever Bren, very clever.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the Holocron appears to be back in working order!!
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont want to say the site is fully back in running order for a while yet, but i did make a few changes that were causing some problems as well as added a few codes to attempt to get the bots away from the site. this all SHOULD clear up a lot of the problems i had with over loading the server. i do not want to say that it fixed it completely yet due to the fact that i dont know exactly if it will.
most of the issue was bots and spammers attempting to gain access to the site. this was causing the servers to overload. if the changes block this, or most of it, the pages will be fine again. but, i wont know for sure until a little time has gone by. im going to give it a few weeks before im going to call it fixed.
i do want to thank you all for your patience with me and support.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a new address for the Holocron site, or is it offline again? Every time I try to visit it I get one of those spammy search sites that takes over for dead or hacked sites and tries to reset my homepage and open pop-up windows. If it weren't for good security and AV I'd hate to think of what was happening to my system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: